Lethal Weapon vs. Die Hard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you like better?

• Total voters
I liked the original ending better.

While I like John McClane turning the game around on Simon (and I think the Chinese grenade launcher is clever), none of that feels right to me. He was cut from the force, blamed for everything that happened in New York, and is looking to get revenge from Gruber? I dunno.

I don't like the whole "helicopter vs. pistol" scene, but I'll take it over the above. Either way, I dig the idea of him tracking Gruber by his pill bottle. That whole movie is smart and has a tight script, till the end.

I do like that the alternate ending shows a more psychological side to John, and that he's also really intelligent and not just good with a gun or lucky. He's surviving by thinking on his feet. In the original ending, it feels like he just gets straight up lucky after making some poor(quick) decisions.

Yeah, it's tough.

I also like the insight we get that Simon betrayed all of his comrades (and that Katya chick he was with). You don't get that without the alternate ending.

betraitor. that dialogue was boringly dry.

I wouldn't go that far. You're watching it out of context. The entire 3rd movie is psychological. Gruber is playing mind games to f with John the whole time. John flips it on him. It's poetic and portrays him as intelligent but still a bad ass. I'm not saying it's the best option, it's just not like what we got instead was masterpiece theater.

Die Hard, but LW is fantastic too. All the sequels blow. The first film's fight with Mr. Joshua is awesome.

Damn shame we still have no figures from both.

BTW, I totally forgot when I rewatched LW2 recently, that Hank from Breaking Bad is one of the cops on Roger's team. :lol He's the guy that gets blown up when he turns on the cd player at the card game. Also Family Guy really f'd up that ending for me forever because now when I hear Roger say "It's just been revoked!" I immediately think "I'll have what she's having" in the same commanding voice. :lol

Yeah, it wasn't until recently (well, when Breaking Bad was still airing) that I found out that Hank was in T2 and Total Recall. I knew he was in Starship Troopers, but I had no idea he was the SWAT guy that shot Dyson or that ugly Mars mutant! :lol

All this **** begins to connect after awhile.

Sanchez from Aliens/ T2 is in LW2 as well. And also Agent Johnson from DH is in LW, one of Roger's buddies.

Yeah, it wasn't until recently (well, when Breaking Bad was still airing) that I found out that Hank was in T2 and Total Recall. I knew he was in Starship Troopers, but I had no idea he was the SWAT guy that shot Dyson or that ugly Mars mutant! :lol

All this **** begins to connect after awhile.

Dean Norris. A guy you see in everything and eventually bother to find out his name.

Sanchez from Aliens/ T2 is in LW2 as well. And also Agent Johnson from DH is in LW, one of Roger's buddies.

Vasquez in Aliens, Jenette Goldstein.

Oh and my plan to watch the LW films again is scuppered as I find they are for some reason not on my server and the DVDs are in the attic which I do not have access to at this time.

Dean Norris. A guy you see in everything and eventually bother to find out his name.

Vasquez in Aliens, Jenette Goldstein.

Oh and my plan to watch the LW films again is scuppered as I find they are for some reason not on my server and the DVDs are in the attic which I do not have access to at this time.

Damn where the **** did I get Sanchez :lol Been a little while since I sat down and watched Aliens. I should whip out the Blu Ray.

Finally a decent poll. Both fantastic films with LW the better series. Riggs was da pooper....back in the day

I figured DH would win it even before I made it, but it's good to see so many fans of LW are there that it's hard for some to decide.

Under the terms of the first post I'd have to vote Die Hard.

I want to vote for Lethal Weapon though on the grounds that IMO it has 4/4 good films. Die Hard has 3/5 at best.

Back