Lethal Weapon vs. Die Hard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you like better?

• Total voters
Anyone think the world's of Die Hard and Lethal Weapon are kinda compatible? Imagine a crossover.

That'd be awesome. And then when McClane blows away Lethal Weapon's "Endo" on the roof he can shout "not again!" as he dies.

Endo.jpg
8.jpg

Lethal Weapon has an amazing soundtrack...

But Die Hard wins everything else. It's about the best little action film ever.

And they do share the same universe because they were created by all the same forces.

Lethal Weapon has an amazing soundtrack...

But Die Hard wins everything else. It's about the best little action film ever.

And they do share the same universe because they were created by all the same forces.

I honestly can't remember any actual musical pieces from LW, just the sax and blues mood. And I just rewatched them on HBO like 2 days ago.

But this?

:rock

I read somewhere that the plot for Die Hard with a Vengeance was apparently intended to be a Lethal Weapon sequel.

Actually yeah that's true.

I just really like the idea that these characters and events exist in the same world. I will choose to believe it even though nothing will ever make it official.

This is probably sacrilegious, but With a Vengeance is getting up there with the original Die Hard as my favorite each time I revisit it. Those first two acts are pretty perfect.

It's starts falling apart for me at the end when they're tied to the explosives on the boat and at the end near the Canadian border. So basically the last 15 or so minutes.

All of that stuff in Harlem, around New York, in the tunnels and at the schools though? Pure bliss. I loved the "Simon says" angle (behind Hans, Simon Gruber is my favorite villain) and actually thought the team up with McClane and Zeus was fantastic.

To me 1 and 3 are the only Die Hards. Michael Scott explains it perfectly but a Redditor also summed it up well the other day.

3 is the only sequel that properly recaptures what Die Hard is about. A regular guy cop in the wrong place at the wrong time that is trapped into the situation.

DH2, he could just leave, or leave the Terrorists alone and they'd be gone and turn the runway lights back on and Holly would be fine. As he put it, the only reason 2 takes place is because "I'm John McClane, action star." Some random guy terrorist would have escaped. So what? He's a nobody. McClane brings all the hell and a plane full of dead families on himself.

3 He's forced back into it and trapped. He has to play along. Instead of black partner on the radio, he's in the game with John. The fact that it's revealed it's not really revenge, just out of happy coincidence on Gruber's part makes it even better.

4 and 5 aren't Die Hards, they are Super Hero movies.

To me 1 and 3 are the only Die Hards. Michael Scott explains it perfectly but a Redditor also summed it up well the other day.

3 is the only sequel that properly recaptures what Die Hard is about. A regular guy cop in the wrong place at the wrong time that is trapped into the situation.

DH2, he could just leave, or leave the Terrorists alone and they'd be gone and turn the runway lights back on and Holly would be fine. As he put it, the only reason 2 takes place is because "I'm John McClane, action star." Some random guy terrorist would have escaped. So what? He's a nobody. McClane brings all the hell and a plane full of dead families on himself.

3 He's forced back into it and trapped. He has to play along. Instead of black partner on the radio, he's in the game with John.

4 and 5 aren't Die Hards, they are Super Hero movies.

:exactly: on all points.

Btw, heres DH3's alternate ending. Now I personally feel that the ending is the only place DH3 is somewhat lacking. But I'm not sure this was any better.

I read somewhere that the plot for Die Hard with a Vengeance was apparently intended to be a Lethal Weapon sequel.

I remember hearing DH3 was supposed to be a standalone movie called "Simon Says", not a LW sequel. Though, with the black/white buddy cop dynamic, I can certainly see it. Wouldn't've been as good.

Die Hard 5 was initially conceived as a Die Hard/24 crossover. They pitched the idea to Sutherland, but he declined.

SnakeDoc

Back