Leonardo Dicaprio's selling his toys on ebay !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shai

Cold Slither
Reaction score
Morphy auctions have been commissioned to sell Leonardo Dicaprio 's toys on Ebay, for those of you who are into action figures, check them out..Leo had an impressive moc & mib Star wars,Gijoe,Mego and motu collection...I guess thats what I woulve done too, having that kind of money, I would have bought all of my childhood toys...:monkey2

https://search-desc.ebay.com/search...aprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=morphyauctions

Leonardo collectes Star Wars toys... what a total geek. :D

Some pretty sweet stuff there.. wish I had money.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
With the money he makes, why would he need to sell his collection on eBay?

I was just thinking the same thing. That alone makes me question the authenticity of these auctions. I bet Leo would give the proceeds to some environmental charity or something.

Besides, Leo said that he supposedly was offered the role of Anakin and turned it down. If he was such a big Star Wars collector, how could he possibly turn down the role of Anakin? I actually think he is overstating when he says he was "offered the role". "Considered" certainly, but I have my doubts that he was "offered" it.

^^^ i feel bad for saying this, but he would've probably done a better job than hayden. we would've had an easier time convincing our girlfriends to see star wars if he was anakin too.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:

I dont think he needs to sell it...maybe he just doesnt want to collect these anymore....What do you want him to do with it beside selling it in an auction ??

Last edited:
Shaihulud said:
I dont think he needs to sell it...maybe he just doesnt want to collect these anymore....What do you him to do with it beside selling it in an auction ??

Give it all to me. :D

elwood49 said:
That alone makes me question the authenticity of these auctions. .

Morphys auctions are a well known and respected third party option for Hollywood stars and celebrity who wants to sell some of their personnal stuff and memorabilia (but mainly toys) on ebay.I check their auctions often.

Last edited:
Perhaps he saw Phantom Menace and then decided he didn't want to play Anakin?

And I'd imagine he doesn't need to sell them - perhaps he just doesn't want to store them anymore? I know how that is...

Dr.Mirakle32 said:

I was thinking the same bl**dy thing! If you're as filthy rich as those ppl are, he should donate this stuff to charity!

And I never saw this before:

"Buyer Premium
A 17% buyers premium will be added to all successful ebay bids and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase."

17%.. jeese..

hairlesswookiee said:
^^^ i feel bad for saying this, but he would've probably done a better job than hayden. we would've had an easier time convincing our girlfriends to see star wars if he was anakin too.

What!?!

The second part is true. In fact, Ep. 2 and 3 probably would have been better accepted by every non-fanboy out there if he was as he would have lent a bit of credibility and added a comfort level to the films, esp. AOTC. And he does look like the grown up version of that round-faced little rug rat in TPM. But... as a fanboy, I recoil at the idea.

gdb said:
What!?!

The second part is true. In fact, Ep. 2 and 3 probably would have been better accepted by every non-fanboy out there if he was as he would have lent a bit of credibility and added a comfort level to the films, esp. AOTC. And he does look like the grown up version of that round-faced little rug rat in TPM. But... as a fanboy, I recoil at the idea.

indeed... I would have died. Leo does not ring Anakin in my mind. Hayden did a fine job, even with GL directing. It seems like the green screen drains the actors performances, PLUS from what I have seen of GL in action as a director... he tends to walk them through it and demand more of a monotone performance from them. Hell, 90% of these actors just seemed lost during filming.

But, as for the auction, I can understand how he must feel. Maybe he just finally had enough of it. Or maybe it's pressure from friends and such.. Who knows. But one thing I DO know is that everyone wants more money. Even the rich.. Hell... ESPECIALLY the rich. If I were in his shoes and wanted to stop collecting... I'd do the same exact thing.

But, I can't say I can imagine ever stopping this habit of mine. :D

Shaihulud said:
Morphys auctions are a well known and respected third party option for Hollywood stars and celebrity who wants to sell some of their personnal stuff and memorabilia (but mainly toys) on ebay.I check their auctions often.

Thanks for the info Shai. I'm sure it's legit in that case.

For those debating Leo v. Hayden, I will say that I thought Hayden was excellent in Ep. III, and not very good at all in Ep. II. I'm glad that Lucas chose someone who didn't bring a lot of professional "baggage" to the part. That would sort of be like hiring Tom Cruise to play a Jedi. He's so well known that it's tough to separate his real world personality from the one onscreen.

I really can't see Leo playing Anakin in my mind. Actually, I think he would have sucked at it to be honest. Maybe that's just because I'm not that impressed with Leo as an actor. Overall, I thought Hayden did a really solid job as Anakin. Did he not do as well in AOTC as in ROTS yeah that's very true but even in EP2 I think he did a solid enough job because I really felt he nailed the whiney/bitchy/arrogant aspect of Anakin. Which is a key aspect of Anakin because it shows the path his character is about to take and in Ep3 he really nailed it.

I have issues with the way Anakin was developed in the prequels and the performances of the actors didn't capture me, but I also think that was due to Lucas & the direction more than the actors themselves. I've seen Christensen in other things and he was good.

how would Leonardo DiCaprio have played it? I think he would have been just as locked in as Christensen. The fault, IMO, is in the directing and writing.

elwood49 said:
Thanks for the info Shai. I'm sure it's legit in that case.

For those debating Leo v. Hayden, I will say that I thought Hayden was excellent in Ep. III, and not very good at all in Ep. II. I'm glad that Lucas chose someone who didn't bring a lot of professional "baggage" to the part. That would sort of be like hiring Tom Cruise to play a Jedi. He's so well known that it's tough to separate his real world personality from the one onscreen.

I guess that's my problem with some of the scenes with S. Jackson he plays the same character style to me in a lot of his movies.

He has probably started collecting the SSC SW 1/6 line and decided to make room by getting rid of the 'toys'.:D

JustinLuck said:
He has probably started collecting the SSC SW 1/6 line and decided to make room by getting rid of the 'toys'.:D

LOL! Yeah... Even a super successful geek needs to cull the herd, so to speak.

A geek adored by women the world over is still a geek...

Remember that, Leo... This is a fraternity that you cannot quit... kinda like the Mafia... or the Bloods.. You are locked in for life! :pow

We are watching you Leo...

Last edited:
Back