Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - May 16, 2014

tumblr_mqcpi4VtkH1s5zalyo1_400.gif

PHNjGkRdpzauQW_1_m.jpg

I'm really diggin Godzillas design

Teaser was great, look forward to seeing more.

Interestingly I like this shot in its regular context.

tumblr_mj7c5iLiGr1r3x7i2o2_400.gif

He's a mean drunk.

Damn it, I want a bluray of Godzilla 1985 :gah:

I'd settle for a legit DVD, the bootlegs are burns of DVD rips so the image quality's somewhere between VHS and DVD.

Cant stop watching that trailer. The quote is what grabs you the most along with godzilla's famous roar. I'm more hyped for this movie than I am for spiderman and that says alot since spiderman is my favorite superhero of all time.

Bring on this yrs comic con trailer !!!

Just saw it wow I'm a lit hyped glad they kept the sound of Godzilla he looks great.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCcZqcPOlNM[/ame]

P.S. feel free to ignore this post since I'm gone until the actual teaser is out​

No, this film features Godzilla and other monsters that resemble insects with multiple legs and such.

so Godzilla is going to fight the Cloverfield parasites? :horror

No.... He's not. Anyway do you guys think this film will be godzilla's saving grace? I was just on the toho kingdom board and a certain topic interested me. Japan doesn't have a big market for big monster films anymore and pacific rim did poorly over there? Thays hard to believe. I'm really hoping this film garners more more people than pacific rim did ,I don't want this movie to fail and we'd never see godzilla again.

The trailer actually revealed a lot.

The bodies strewn about, all over the place shows that it's going to be dark. Add to that the derailed train. Reminds me of Gojira.
The holes in the building remind me of 1985 Godzilla. :yess:

A lot of smoke covered the CG, but what could be seen looked great.

There's another giant monster! At least one other.

Roar sounds good.

Still hoping there's at least one other giant monster and perhaps a Super X3 or X4 or whatever's suppose to be next! :lol

No.... He's not. Anyway do you guys think this film will be godzilla's saving grace? I was just on the toho kingdom board and a certain topic interested me. Japan doesn't have a big market for big monster films anymore and pacific rim did poorly over there? Thays hard to believe. I'm really hoping this film garners more more people than pacific rim did ,I don't want this movie to fail and we'd never see godzilla again.

probably not

Yes, I believe this film could breath life back into the franchise and genre. I think you can attribute the lack of enthusiasm for Kaiju films to the poor quality of late. Though it did well, the Heisei era retreaded a lot of old ground, and the Millennium series suffered dramatically from constant reboots. I started watching Pacific Rim last night and I can see where it didn't succeed. Godzilla and other monster movies make the monster and enjoyable character you want to see, but Pacific Rim seems to treat them almost as throw away characters. It's not enough just to have giant monsters, you have to develop them. Before watching the movie, I saw images of Knifehead and thought it was a really cool design, but then it's screen time came and went with no real impact. Now, while I expect the insect monsters to be similar, just there but not really established, I do think with Godzilla captured as the monster we've all come to love seeing, an the story and humans around him will also be really engaging and interesting and get people to like the entire film. I really think WB AMD legendary assembled the right team to create a monster movie of a caliber to be Gojira for a new generation.

Yes, I believe this film could breath life back into the franchise and genre. I think you can attribute the lack of enthusiasm for Kaiju films to the poor quality of late. Though it did well, the Heisei era retreaded a lot of old ground, and the Millennium series suffered dramatically from constant reboots. I started watching Pacific Rim last night and I can see where it didn't succeed. Godzilla and other monster movies make the monster and enjoyable character you want to see, but Pacific Rim seems to treat them almost as throw away characters. It's not enough just to have giant monsters, you have to develop them. Before watching the movie, I saw images of Knifehead and thought it was a really cool design, but then it's screen time came and went with no real impact. Now, while I expect the insect monsters to be similar, just there but not really established, I do think with Godzilla captured as the monster we've all come to love seeing, an the story and humans around him will also be really engaging and interesting and get people to like the entire film. I really think WB AMD legendary assembled the right team to create a monster movie of a caliber to be Gojira for a new generation.

:goodpost::lecture:exactly::lecture:goodpost:

Godzilla actually takes on the role of a Jaeger and a Kaiju.

He will also fight monsters which will either directly or indirectly help the humans, don't yet know his intentions or motivations

PR Jaegers were only good.

PR Kaiju were only bad.

Godzilla is more realistic in that he possess both good and evil, therefore he's easier for us as an audience to relate with.

PR Kaiju were interdimensional, yawn.

Who the hell connects with interdimensional. :lol

Godzilla is home grown, he is a projection of us.

Last edited:

I love that Edwards in going back to Godzilla being nature's punishment of man for his crimes against nature, it makes for more interesting storytelling.

The teaser rocked! :rock

I was very happy about it! It really gave you a sense of doom & gloom while watching it! Looks like they're making Godzilla cool again! :hi5:

The teaser rocked! :rock

I was very happy about it! It really gave you a sense of doom & gloom while watching it! Looks like they're making Godzilla cool again! :hi5:

It's only fitting to have the King of monster movies bring this genre back to it's greatness :rock

From the teaser it's going to be very dark, the darker the better.

Back