GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, Wor isn?t wrong. Age has a way of taking all things silly and fun for the sake of fun away.

You get bogged down with the weight of real responsibility and serious adult stuff.

Its actually pretty hard these days to entertain. You have tons of people who live to tear things down. Thats all Youtube is really now.

I struggle all the time with keeping things light ........but its very important to keep playing, imagining and learning.

As Glenn Frey says, ?Take is easy....?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yeah, a child embraces fantasy and the impossible as if it could be real.

Adults become more intrigued by pain and suffering and darkness... things a child doesn't grasp and generally has no interest in.

If I was 11 again, I would likely hate this Joker movie. But at 111, I find it... intriguing.

Just finished watching this on 4k UHD. Even better the second time round, the HDR on this disk is eyeball melting at times! Love this movie.

Yeah, a child embraces fantasy and the impossible as if it could be real.

Adults become more intrigued by pain and suffering and darkness... things a child doesn't grasp and generally has no interest in.

If I was 11 again, I would likely hate this Joker movie. But at 111, I find it... intriguing.

Wor screaming at the theater

giphy.gif

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I turn to franchises like this to feel like a kid again. My life has enough serious to deal with, it’s nice to be able to take my mind back to simpler days. I still get a thrill watch the ‘54 Godzilla wipe out Tokyo despite how many books and photos I have of the suit and knowing it’s fake, it’s just enjoyable escapism.

Yeah... I mean, its like Dinosaurs, I used to love them and know them all, but now they don't really do anything for me. Kaiju are basically the same. I outgrew them long ago. About the time Jaws and Star Wars came out.

:( :( :(

The day you wake up hating and abandoning old Godzilla is the day you need to hang up your soul and fully embrace the miserable cynical old bastard that you have now become, how does that one foot in the grave feel Wor-Gar lol

Feathered chickens :rotfl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel so bad for him.

I turn to franchises like this to feel like a kid again. My life has enough serious to deal with, it’s nice to be able to take my mind back to simpler days. I still get a thrill watch the ‘54 Godzilla wipe out Tokyo despite how many books and photos I have of the suit and knowing it’s fake, it’s just enjoyable escapism.

I just never stopped loving Godzilla.. For me its all about the design of the creature. I just love it. I never tire of it. His distinctive roar is a big part of my love also.

Granted the movies are not what they were to me as a child but I can still watch the monster scenes and be entertained.

I just never stopped loving Godzilla.. For me its all about the design of the creature. I just love it. I never tire of it. His distinctive roar is a big part of my love also.

Granted the movies are not what they were to me as a child but I can still watch the monster scenes and be entertained.

I'm completely a kid again when a new movie is underway or I get a new collectible. Thankfully, Godzilla is still so obscure compared to other childhood favorites like Star Wars, that I haven't been oversaturated with the property and had the fun sucked out of it. Disney ruined Star Wars for me around the release of Force Awakens and it took me a few years to be able to enjoy them again.

Finally saw this on HBO last night. I thought I was going to get a lot more monster battles. I got so tired of watching one-and-a-half shots of monsters fighting and then cut back to the idiot adults. No matter where they were or what they were driving, the monsters seemed to just be around the corner and coming their way.

I was amazed that they spent so much money to make these monsters semi-believable... but in the end, for me, what a waste.

Sorry guys, I had much higher hopes for this even with my extreme cynicism about the joys of Kaiju.

Watched this again on hulu and I dunno what they did wrong. It should have been such an awesome movie but everything feels so "meh". I think it's the way the movie was directed during the big monster battles. It suffers from a bad case of virtual camera syndrome. You know, where most of the shots feel like they have no sense of scale or placement because it's all CGI so there's no actual camera filming from specific angles to realistically frame the shot. It's just floating there in virtual space which makes everything seem artificial.

I don't think that's the case, there's plenty of shots showing the scale of the monsters, it does have an issue sometimes that it zooms in too much making it hard to see what they're doing, but that's a different problem.

Movies like this need wide shots, most of these were closeups because they wanted to add the human element to it.

And the humans were boring and predictable.

Watched this again on hulu and I dunno what they did wrong. It should have been such an awesome movie but everything feels so "meh". I think it's the way the movie was directed during the big monster battles. It suffers from a bad case of virtual camera syndrome. You know, where most of the shots feel like they have no sense of scale or placement because it's all CGI so there's no actual camera filming from specific angles to realistically frame the shot. It's just floating there in virtual space which makes everything seem artificial.

Being in the damn dark doesn?t help either. I think they shouldn?t of made Godzilla so big so they could save on cg cost. Godzilla being that big makes him harder to animate and he is slower. So now he must be cast in shadow and darkness so the cg doesn?t look bad

Being in the damn dark doesn?t help either. I think they shouldn?t of made Godzilla so big so they could save on cg cost. Godzilla being that big makes him harder to animate and he is slower. So now he must be cast in shadow and darkness so the cg doesn?t look bad

Sorta confused on the whole bigger saves one CGI?
Hows that help?

Sorta confused on the whole bigger saves one CGI?
Hows that help?

No I meant if they made him smaller they would of saved on cgi cost. I just worded it wrong or typed to fast. Idk

Really cause I?m kong he?s smaller and he?s able to do more and is faster and shot during the day. Since Godzilla is so big he moves very slow and most of his scenes are in the dark or rain. Idk I feel like if he was smaller maybe they could of done more with him

Back