Legend of Korra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol
Aside from making a clip episode, which was ****ing stupid, but understandable given the circumstances, I could not tell, no. And I have not noticed any drop in animation/sound quality. Maybe your internet is too slow.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'll concede that the comedy is there but there's nothing exciting. Nothing grabs me. The PTSD and dictator thing is cool but really, they haven't done much with it. I wished they had used that one episode to flesh things out more story but they couldn't cause of NICK and so we got a non-functional recap episode. :lol

Book 4 had a lot to go on but it's almost done, 4 more episodes left and I feel dry. Hope it redeems itself.

When you compare this season against the rest; I was new to the whole avatar thing, so book 1 opened me up to this world and book 2 defined the avatar with Raava. But importantly, both book 1 & 2 had excellent foils to the protagonist. Book 3 was left open, cause really, what can the avatar not do? But it started strong and it became exciting cause people were out there trying to kill the avatar which opened up to nicely for book 4.

Most people found Unalaq boring and just a terrible character, a clever idea that wasn't handled well. Most of what they've done with Kuvira has been slow, political, and strategic, but that's part of what helps heighten the suspense and her threat. She's certainly scary, and she's not boring. What you don't find exciting, I find dramatic and interesting. Anyway, I'm sure stuff is going to heat up in the last few episodes, as is par for the course with the show.

Last edited:
Most people found Unalaq boring and just a terrible character, a clever idea that wasn't handled well. Most of what they've done with Kuvira has been slow, political, and strategic, but that's part of what helps heighten the suspense and her threat. She's certainly scary, and she's not boring. What you don't find exciting, I find dramatic and interesting. Anyway, I'm sure stuff is going to heat up in the last few episodes, as is par for the course with the show.

There's nothing at stake right now; Kuvira doesn't even feel like a threat. In fact, although her methods are questionable, I sympathize with her cause.

You might as well call this season how Korra got her grove back cause we spent a long time watching Korra get back on her feet with little help from Raava, who told Korra I've always been here. Complete bull. If she was going to be silent this whole time she should have at least came back with the past avatars.

It was...by almost the cost of a whole episode. The clip episode a couple weeks ago was the result:
Bryan Konietzko talks about episode 408

Sorry, I should have been more clear. That was why we did a clip episode. But the budget for the rest of the episodes were the same as the budget we received for individual episodes from book 2 & 3. What made the quality animation lag slightly behind book 3, was not budget, but the fact that book 4 had "armies", vs the more intimate villains of book 3.

I don't think the animation lags behind at all, aside from the mecha tanks. Everything else still looks vivid and gorgeous, and the fights have still been really dynamic...again, aside from those damn cg mecha tanks, but the animation for those things was always clunky on the show.

blaaaaaahhhh.

:lol

tumblr_inline_n1tr2zBrlE1rpz2kc.gif

Book 3 and 4 have been by far the best, as good as TLAB, Book 4 is surprisingly sophisticated so far, I love it.

Why have we not Avatar figures yet (good ones) ??? :gah:

Figma or Figuarts would rock this franchise.

Amazing finale!! :monkey2

Thank you Potato-head and everyone that had a hand in creating TLOK. ATLA was an impossible act to follow. But you guys brought to life a show that is more than worthy to follow in Avatar's footsteps. :clap

Also
Spoiler Spoiler:

Amazing finale!! :monkey2

Thank you Potato-head and everyone that had a hand in creating TLOK. ATLA was an impossible act to follow. But you guys brought to life a show that is more than worthy to follow in Avatar's footsteps. :clap

Also
Spoiler Spoiler:

Right? I'm not sure. It's super ambiguous. More or less. But I share your thoughts. Totally.

Why are people so shocked with the ending? Korra's not a lesbian, seriously, the whole thing with Mako and people still WISH to believe that? It ended in a frame to pander to the Korrasami shippers, nothing more.

Korra and Asami have a very light relationship compared to Mako and Bolin in the entirety of the series, at the end they hold hands and it's suddenly a lesbian thing? :rotfl

It's sad that that is what the series will be remembered for.

Sad to see this series end. Really liked season 4 and the ending was great. I don't think Korra or Asami are lesbians. It's just friends holding hands. Not sure why it's so confusing to people.:huh

Back