Legend of Korra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh. I see what you're getting at. I can see how it looks that way. I think its just a sad quincedence (I can't spell for crap) that her character fits the stereotype. It wasn't intentional. Bryan is a huge MMA fan and Korra was modeled after female MMA fighters and an olympic athlete. Her name slips my mind right now. But we had a library of images for her. Her body type and muscles were all designed/inspired by her. As for the short hair, that was more to signify a time jump and change. We toyed with many different hair cuts for her. One of the reasons for short hair was that it would be easier to draw/animate :p
Yeah I knew it probably wasn't intentional, but it does kinda perpetuate that stereotype, anyway that's the smallest part of my gripe, since as Kiba pointed, Asami is the polar opposite so they kinda balance it out. My main problem keeps being the way it was delivered.

Anyway I'm coping much better now, this place is sure better than those damn image boards :lol

Yeah I knew it probably wasn't intentional, but it does kinda perpetuate that stereotype, anyway that's the smallest part of my gripe, since as Kiba pointed, Asami is the polar opposite so they kinda balance it out. My main problem keeps being the way it was delivered.

Anyway I'm coping much better now, this place is sure better than those damn image boards :lol
:lol I hear yah, man!

Agreed! By far she has been THE BEST voice director I've worked with. PS, she was our VD on Korra too. Just so easy to work with and so professional.

Yeah, that's why I brought her up. She's one of the reasons why I watch. Her and studio MIR brought a lot to the table. Andrea really brings out the best from the voice actors for the sake of the story.

Agreed! By far she has been THE BEST voice director I've worked with. PS, she was our VD on Korra too. Just so easy to work with and so professional.

Also, Joaquim Dos Santos and Ki Hyun Ryu, were they still involved in the development throughout? They seemed to have dropped off.

Also, Joaquim Dos Santos and Ki Hyun Ryu, were they still involved in the development throughout? They seemed to have dropped off.

Yes. I would say the reasons Korra's drama and action is so strong is because of Joaquim, Ryu and Lauren Montgomery. Those three don't nearly get as much credit as they deserve. Those three do THE MAJOR LIFTING on the show. Silent proffesionals for sure.

Yes. I would say the reasons Korra's drama and action is so strong is because of Joaquim, Ryu and Lauren Montgomery. Those three don't nearly get as much credit as they deserve. Those three do THE MAJOR LIFTING on the show. Silent proffesionals for sure.

Dope, I dunno who Montgomery is, but Ryu is new to me, I'm glad he's on board, same with Lauren. They brought a lot to Korra.

But Joaquim, I've known of since Justice League Unlimited (and there's probably stuff he's done other than that), and I'm a big fan of his stuff and anything he's involved with.

Lauren Montgomery came up through the DCAU and was part of the first Avatar series as well. I was a huge fan of the Wonder Woman animated movie! Hopefully with the shifting climate (albeit slowly) thanks in part to Korra, the big wigs at DC will give her another chance to direct another WW movie. Or maybe another less popular character like Catwoman or Aquaman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched all of Season 4 today after holding off until the entire season aired. I gotta say I loved this season just as much as the other 3. This show will always be my favourite animated show and I loved every minute of it.

I can see how the ending can be controversial for some but I don't see it that way I'll enjoy it for what it was, a beautiful ending to a great series.
lovely-korra-logo-3.png

:rock :rock :love :rock :rock

Korra was good/great but nothing Korra had will top The Ang Avatar Last Airbender series for me...nope.. That for me was one of the greatest animated series of all time.

Yeah Korra was good, it has great moments but ATLA was perfect all around.

I'm over Korrasami now, it was only collective madness :lol but I still find it an incohesive ending to the series, but it doesn't bother me anymore.

The action was fantastic though, I think some of the fights in LoK may very well top some of LA, like Korra vs Zaheer with Korra in berserk avatar state, that was freaking bad ass.

And the villains were badass even though not all of them reached their potential.

Yeah Korra was good, it has great moments but ATLA was perfect all around.

I'm over Korrasami now, it was only collective madness :lol but I still find it an incohesive ending to the series, but it doesn't bother me anymore.

The action was fantastic though, I think some of the fights in LoK may very well top some of LA, like Korra vs Zaheer with Korra in berserk avatar state, that was freaking bad ass.

And the villains were badass even though not all of them reached their potential.

:lol

Don't stone me, please, I've never watched ATLA, so please excuse me, but weren't these LOK fights more violent than ATLA? Cause in LOK, someone's did explode. Which was kinda cool.

:lol

Don't stone me, please, I've never watched ATLA, so please excuse me, but weren't these LOK fights more violent than ATLA? Cause in LOK, someone's did explode. Which was kinda cool.

:lol what are you waiting for? WATCH IT NAO!

Well, some Korra fights were a tad more savage, also, they were different fighting styles than LA, in LoK they use more MMA, and in LA they're all traditional Chinese styles, so LA are a bit more aesthetic.

But people died in LA too, and the final 2 fights do top anything seen in LoK for sure, even Zaheer's fight.

:lol what are you waiting for? WATCH IT NAO!

Well, some Korra fights were a tad more savage, also, they were different fighting styles than LA, in LoK they use more MMA, and in LA they're all traditional Chinese styles, so LA are a bit more aesthetic.

But people died in LA too, and the final 2 fights do top anything seen in LoK for sure, even Zaheer's fight.

What's a good fight to look up on YouTube?

Back