Legend of Korra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are people so shocked with the ending? Korra's not a lesbian, seriously, the whole thing with Mako and people still WISH to believe that? It ended in a frame to pander to the Korrasami shippers, nothing more.

Korra and Asami have a very light relationship compared to Mako and Bolin in the entirety of the series, at the end they hold hands and it's suddenly a lesbian thing? :rotfl

It's sad that that is what the series will be remembered for.

Lol dude tumblr takes things way out of context. While I think korra may be bi the shippers over at tumblr are a 100% sure that was a lesbian scene by the way avatar the first one ended and now this one ended the same. I honestly saw the writers leaning towards that angle but it wasn't like heavily implied whether she had feelings or not.

Uhm, yeah no, the way it was presented was 100% meant to be romantical. For ****'s sake the music, the longing gazing, the hand holding...Do they really need to show kissing (something that would get it banned in some international markets) to make it any clearer what was going on? Seriously, come on. :lol

Lol dude tumblr takes things way out of context. While I think korra may be bi the shippers over at tumblr are a 100% sure that was a lesbian scene by the way avatar the first one ended and now this one ended the same. I honestly saw the writers leaning towards that angle but it wasn't like heavily implied whether she had feelings or not.

Exactly, at that point they are nothing but friends, nothing more at all, I'm not against her being a lesbian, although at this point it's impossible because she clearly liked Mako, so did Asami.

But hypothetically speaking, if there were a next season and they choose to properly develop Korrasami as a bi-relationship, that's fine, but as of NOW, there is no such thing, the saddest thing is that I see lesbian feminist using his as banner even though they probably never watched the show, so sad this is how it will be remembered.

Also sad that we can't have an interesting strong female character without the feminists turning it into a lesbian.

Uhm, yeah no, the way it was presented was 100% meant to be romantical. For ****'s sake the music, the longing gazing, the hand holding...Do they really need to show kissing (something that would get it banned in some international markets) to make it any clearer what was going on? Seriously, come on. :lol

Perhaps it was, but it was only meant to "look" romantic to pander to the Korrasamis and as a **** you to Nick, by no means it was intended to be taken literally as romantic at all, there's simply no arguments at all (and I emphasize: at all) to hint at a possible romance between them when in that very same season they did a filler episode where Mako remembers his relationship with Korra ffs.

So is tumblr. But hey I expected as much. Mako was such an ass he drove korra away.

Lol Mako did nothing wrong, Korra and her mood swings messed the whole thing up.

I just found out that they actually changed the ending last minute, they weren't going to show Korrasami and they did it to pander to Korrasamis, so in fact Korrasami is a smoke screen.

Lol Mako did nothing wrong, Korra and her mood swings messed the whole thing up.

I just found out that they actually changed the ending last minute, they weren't going to show Korrasami and they did it to pander to Korrasamis, so in fact Korrasami is a smoke screen.

Where's the source for that?

You have a point. The last two minutes of the ending feel shoe-horned. I was totally caught off guard and I feel mixed: I'm not even sure what they gain with a move like this but it's also cool to see creators and writers respond to their fans even when it's sensationalized pandering.

Where's the source for that?

You have a point. The last two minutes of the ending feel shoe-horned. I was totally caught off guard and I feel mixed: I'm not even sure what they gain with a move like this but it's also cool to see creators and writers respond to their fans even when it's sensationalized pandering.

I don't, I just been reading that all over on 4chan but no source so far, sorry, so don't quote me on that.

It's crazy, everybody's mental over this, I'm gonna stay away from that place until the dust settles, I'm sure eventually it'll be confirmed or denied.

But I don't like the idea and it ruins Korra for me for some reasons, for once, it's not progressive as they claim it is, it just reinforces the stereotype that if a girl is a muscular tomboy with short hair, then she's a lesbian.

It would be much more progressive if it turns out Korra is alone at the end with a friend, because it shows a girl doesn't need to be in a relationship to define her, which is exactly what it will negate if Korrasami is real.

Sexuality is not the main issue here, I wouldn't have a problem with Bi or lesbian Korra if it was part of the character from the beginning and not a marketing gimmick to gain undeserved praise and detour the criticism.

Damn, you and a small majority hate this ending and there's nothing wrong with that. :lol

Critics adore it. Fans absolutely love it.

I personally don't care for it. Nor did I think it was necessary / needed.

Not really, as far as the fanbase and people who watch the show goes, only the Korrasamis like the ending, even though it makes no sense.

Critics and support groups love the ending because it's "progressive" and "subversive", not because it's argumentatively good as far as the writing goes.

And it just hit me a moment ago, Korra didn't blush because she liked Asami (since it's the only "build up" moment Korrasami's can provide)... She blushed because she cut her hair with a freaking knife so nobody would recognize her and Asami reminded her of that, not because "Aw she likes me", but because "Aw shot my hair" :lol

Well I'll be damned, Korra is bisexual.

Korrasami Confirmed | Mike DiMartino

It's saddening this will be deemed as forward thinking and subversive when it in fact reinforces stereotypes and makes Korra even more 1 dimensional, she needs a relationship to be defined.

It's canon, I won't deny it anymore, it doesn't change the fact that has no narrative support whatsoever and that they pulled it out of their sleeve to avoid criticism.

Progressive has a whole new meaning.

I don't care what anybody says.. That ending for me will be forever BS. Worst ending in any avatar tv history

It's pretty clear they set up an ambiguous ending to test the waters, and when they found overwhelming support despite the lack of narrative foundation, they act like it was part of the plan, Bryek straight out came and said they did it to pander.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ok.. Now I can talk about the ending. Was waiting for M&B to do the announcement. It wasn't "last minute" as some peeps claimed. It wasn't a big "FU" to Nick. It was,nt story boarded any different and etc.. The only thing changed from story boarding to final animation was them facing each other. This is one of those situations where it's 'damned if you do' 'damned if you don't ' when it comes to fans. We knew it was gonna cause a ruckus, but this show was 'the last of its kind'. We're extremely proud of what we did, and alot of us on the show feel as though Korra might be the highlight of our careers. Now I'm off to a galaxy far far away. ��

Thanks to all the support from fans! I've worked on quite a few big properties, but Avatar fans are def. the most rabid. You guys are crazy at SDCC, but in a good way.

Meh I don't care . Korra pretty much dated all of her friends accept bolin. So yea it is what it is. I knew they'd pair those two up

No narrative support? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, (and if I am, by all means correct me) I am Guessing people have trouble with subtlety . They spent most of season 4 dropping little subtle hints the whole time. Not surprised at all. Little glances, awkward moments, longing looks that get interrupted. Season four was filled with standard anime tropes that serve to tell the auidence that these two characters love each other.

image.jpg

No narrative support? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, (and if I am, by all means correct me) I am Guessing people have trouble with subtlety . They spent most of season 4 dropping little subtle hints the whole time. Not surprised at all. Little glances, awkward moments, longing looks that get interrupted. Season four was filled with standard anime tropes that serve to tell the auidence that these two characters love each other.

View attachment 153780

I've been having trouble with their subtlety (but then again, I'm oblivious to obvious clues) since season 1. I didn't know she was contemplating suicide at the end of season 1. :lol

Back