Lance Armstrong A Cheat or Legend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guilty or Not Guilty

• Total voters
Re: Lance Armstrong A Cheat or Legand

I dont know if you've heard of Pep Guardiola, he was Barcelona's captain, a gem of a player.. and till most recently their most successful coach winning 14 of a possible 19 titles that his team competed for in his 4 year debut stint as a coach.

But when he was a player, towards the end of his career he was accused of doping. He fought the case for years.. he wasnt a superstar and he played in an age where players werent payed the salaries they are now.
He was asked why and how he went on fighting the case even after retirement.
He said his reputation and dignity was important to him. He would rather die penniless trying to prove his innocence than be even speculated to have doped, because money, fame and all is immaterial if you dont have your dignity and reputation. And he did finally prove his innocence.

And someone like Lance is to cycling what Jordan is to Basketball If these Icons dont defend themselves, the sport and the whole image of sportsmen in the world will take a big blow...

As you said, Armstrong has more money to lose than Pep Guardiola, and I wouldn't doubt he has spent more money defending himself than Pep Guardiola. Not everyone wants to die penniless.

If Lance Armstrong knows he didn't cheat, then he knows he really has nothing to prove, because in the eyes of the truth, he's innocent. People can make up anything they want. He passed all of the tests. If that isn't good enough, then there is a problem with the tests, otherwise, what is the point of the tests?

He DID defend himself for years, but how long does it have to go on? If I was innocent of such charges, there is only so much money I would spend on my defense before I decided I would rather keep the rest of my money to live on. As they say, "haters gonna hate."

yea, it's draining, but like axe said, it's worth the fight to a lot of people, who are HUMAN and care about what their name will represent when their long gone. I have a hard time believing a guy that fought through cancer and someone that has done so much for the sport would just give up.

Innocent until proven guilty... without proof, he's innocent... nice sport, speculating, and assuming. Some people are just a cut above the rest, why can't people accept that? lol

People always want to bring down the top dog. Humans are no different than dog packs.. alpha always gets challenged. He's a true alpha. There is always someone who wants to compete for the top spot.. no matter if it's some fat suit trying to take away the guy's accomplishments or another bicyclist that wants to be the next Lance Armstrong.

yea, it's draining, but like axe said, it's worth the fight to a lot of people, who are HUMAN and care about what their name will represent when their long gone. I have a hard time believing a guy that fought through cancer and someone that has done so much for the sport would just give up.

Again....show me a positive drug test

As you said, Armstrong has more money to lose than Pep Guardiola, and I wouldn't doubt he has spent more money defending himself than Pep Guardiola. Not everyone wants to die penniless.

If Lance Armstrong knows he didn't cheat, then he knows he really has nothing to prove, because in the eyes of the truth, he's innocent. People can make up anything they want. He passed all of the tests. If that isn't good enough, then there is a problem with the tests, otherwise, what is the point of the tests?

He DID defend himself for years, but how long does it have to go on? If I was innocent of such charges, there is only so much money I would spend on my defense before I decided I would rather keep the rest of my money to live on. As they say, "haters gonna hate."

yea, but how is Armstrong still spending tons of money to defend himself?

Again....show me a positive drug test

I never said I thought he was guilty. I just said it doesn't look good and it implies that he is to a lot of people. I know I wouldn't give up. Why didn't he just sue for slander to begin with instead of going through all this crap all these years if it were as simple as not having a positive test? Bonds and Clemens never failed anything either, yet most say they would never vote them into the HOF.

I dont know if you've heard of Pep Guardiola, he was Barcelona's captain, a gem of a player.. and till most recently their most successful coach winning 14 of a possible 19 titles that his team competed for in his 4 year debut stint as a coach.

But when he was a player, towards the end of his career he was accused of doping. He fought the case for years.. he wasnt a superstar and he played in an age where players werent payed the salaries they are now.
He was asked why and how he went on fighting the case even after retirement.
He said his reputation and dignity was important to him. He would rather die penniless trying to prove his innocence than be even speculated to have doped, because money, fame and all is immaterial if you dont have your dignity and reputation. And he did finally prove his innocence.

And someone like Lance is to cycling what Jordan is to Basketball If these Icons dont defend themselves, the sport and the whole image of sportsmen in the world will take a big blow...

Kinda different when you have charitable foundations like The Armstrong Foundation and Livestrong relying on your $$$ though. The funds are better spent in cancer research, etc., than wasting it on a legal battle he's not going to win.

Pretty sure Barry Bonds and Roger Clemons never failed drug tests, but they are considered cheats because of the other (largely witness) evidence out there. I can't say with 100% certainty that any of these guys did what they were accused of, but when you seem so much freakishly better than everyone else, and when you know some of the others you are competing with juice, then there is a fair chance the best guy out there is also juicing. But in many cases, we may never know. I do wish Armstrong would have kept fighting if he truly is innocent so that all the evidence would eventually be out there on the table or whatever. But I can also understand Nam's point about it being draining.

They had to get Bonds on perjury though. So anything do do with juicing is irrelevant. To these morons, it's more important to chase after the brightest star than call it straight across the board. One has to wonder about the hypocrisy there. They go after Bonds for perjury but not after Canseco or McGuire to have their achievements stripped from them despite both having admitted using some form of enhancements.

There are many things that aren't reported in main stream media. So unless your a cyclist you probably never hear some of this.

If Lance had not come out of retirement They couldn't have done anything as statue of limitations was up but by becoming a current athlete they can look into your whole past.

Because Lance would not meet with USADA and fess up (regardless if that as the truth) they went after him harder. Many of his former teammates did meet and fess up and were only give 6 month suspensions and only had to miss the Olympics. I am quite sure that 6 months sentence was intrude of them snitching on Lance.

Actually only the IOC and the Tour De France can strip the titles. They will take recommendations from UCI who will be provided the evidence USADA has. They ban will stick because US cycling has contacted USADA to do drug investigations so they have legal power there.

They have retroactivity tested old samples from Lane and they found evidence he had doped, but what they alleged he did was either not tested (no test then)or there still is no test.

Yes the Govt dropped case but they were notnoutntonsee if he doped but if it was to determine if there was a conspiracy to distribute banned substance.

I am pretty sure he doped, but I also am pretty sure every top rider did so he didn't have an unfair advantage. Many riders he beat have been caught at one point or another and I can't belive that he was that much better then them that he could dominate dropped riders while clean. I don't blame him for dropping a case against a a private company who make the rules they want and have you argue against judges picked by USADA, it was a really a no win situation IMO.

They had to get Bonds on perjury though. So anything do do with juicing is irrelevant. To these morons, it's more important to chase after the brightest star than call it straight across the board. One has to wonder about the hypocrisy there. They go after Bonds for perjury but not after Canseco or McGuire to have their achievements stripped from them despite both having admitted using some form of enhancements.
I think there's something to that, though in fairness, McGuire didn't get away completely scot free. He's never getting into the Hall of Fame, nor likely will any other athlete suspected of juicing during that period of baseball, even if the evidence was never as hard as a positive drug test.

And personally, I think the good Armstrong has done for cancer far outweighs any of this stuff, so I hope that is always a positive part of his legacy in the eyes of onlookers.

i couldnt care less about armstrong. strip him or not, who gives a ****. what a lame sport.

what a lame sport.

trainingwheels2.jpg

i couldnt care less about armstrong. strip him or not, who gives a ****. what a lame sport.

Which is why you bothered posting in this thread in the first place, because you don't care and just wanted to be negative, Troll.

tour de france want there trophies and prize money back......11 of his former team mates have testified against him, kept a hidden fridge full of bags of blood, used make up to hide syringe marks....hopefully the cancer is gone for good.

Yes Armstrong is a cheat. And after having read a bit of the report as well as Hincapie's affidavit, I am quite sure he is a cheat.

But labeling Armstrong a cheat is only half the story. Don't forget, the mid 90s and early noughties were a dark period for cycling. Armstrong was competing against a pelothon that was also doped up with epo and testosterone.

It's pathetic that they keep pushing this bull**** and have yet to turn up with a single dirty test. Some douchebags just want to read their names in the paper. :monkey1

Back