Lance Armstrong A Cheat or Legend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guilty or Not Guilty

• Total voters
Re: Lance Armstrong A Cheat or Legand

Jury's out.

Yes there's no failed drug test but the tests aren't infallible, and him refusing to put up a fight raises a lot of questions.

Surly if you pass that amount of Drug tests over such a long period of time he must be innocent.
Agreed.

Or...

...there is something seriously wrong with their testing methods.

What was the purpose of this most recent testing?
Second place guy probably made a comment.

Jury's out.

Yes there's no failed drug test but the tests aren't infallible, and him refusing to put up a fight raises a lot of questions.
I think if I were tested over and over again, year after year, I'd get tired of it too.

As an example, I've met and known cancer patients who tell me they're tired of the treatments.

The entire USADA is a complete joke. They are taking evidence from hearsay of Lances former competitors. Most of these are cheats to begin with that were tested and failed on ban drugs.

Lance took 500-600 tested and they are came up NEGATIVE! This guy has pass every single drug test done by the same accuser USADA. WTF is wrong with this picture? He's been fighting these charges for the last decade.

Now you have USADA saying they are stripping Lances 7 TDF titles & other accomplishments that he won. News to USADA, they cannot strip Lances TDF or Olympic wins! I don't think UCI will strip lances title because he passed all the drug test. But if they do it is a sad day that was led by a witch hunt of USADA.

Last edited:

I believe that no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, you can not baptize cats. :lecture

You're doing it wrong. :lecture:lecture:lecture :wink1:

LOL

Failing a test isn't the only form of evidence out there, and when there are so many trying to find ways to help folks avoid being caught (who are likely paid much more than the guys who are paid to identify cheats) it's hard to put too much faith in that process alone. I haven't paid all that much attention, but it smells like the guy is a cheat. I can't imagine there is truly a "vast conspiracy" of all his former teammates, etc. being out there to get him for a cash-in or out of jealousy.

So stop pointing fingers and come up with a better test. Even fighters don't get tested that many times and yet Lance never tested positive a single time. And then, if they're refusing, don't just strip Lance, go back and strip the others as well since their apparently incompetent testing can't be validated. Lance is right. It's a witch hunt.

why would anyone so freely give up all those titles that they worked so hard for if they were innocent? :dunno

B/c they've been on his nuts for years and Armstrong is tired of dealing with it :dunno

**** that, I would just continue to tell them to **** off. There have been plenty of athletes constantly accused of whatever, and this would be the first I ever heard a innocent man giving back everything he won willingly.

**** that, I would just continue to tell them to **** off. There have been plenty of athletes constantly accused of whatever, and this would be the first I ever heard a innocent man giving back everything he won willingly.

Constantly fighting it in court is taxing physically, mentally, and financially. Easy to do if you possess immortality and immeasurable wealth. Not so easy if you're human.

Dont know what a LegAnd is... but whatever it is I can only judge once the whole truth is on the table...

Eh, I don't think he did.

Besides, if it wasn't for him, no one would give a **** about Tour de France.

Constantly fighting it in court is taxing physically, mentally, and financially. Easy to do if you possess immortality and immeasurable wealth. Not so easy if you're human.
I dont know if you've heard of Pep Guardiola, he was Barcelona's captain, a gem of a player.. and till most recently their most successful coach winning 14 of a possible 19 titles that his team competed for in his 4 year debut stint as a coach.

But when he was a player, towards the end of his career he was accused of doping. He fought the case for years.. he wasnt a superstar and he played in an age where players werent payed the salaries they are now.
He was asked why and how he went on fighting the case even after retirement.
He said his reputation and dignity was important to him. He would rather die penniless trying to prove his innocence than be even speculated to have doped, because money, fame and all is immaterial if you dont have your dignity and reputation. And he did finally prove his innocence.

And someone like Lance is to cycling what Jordan is to Basketball If these Icons dont defend themselves, the sport and the whole image of sportsmen in the world will take a big blow...

Not true. Greg LeMond was the first American to win, and he won 5 times. He is most responsible for American attention on the Tour.

Kinda wrong, because as the last poster said above he wasnt the first one to get American attention

Sad but true, his fight with cancer made him more err recognised in the whole world. In asia Cycling is a great sport to follow... though cycles are what we use all the time... but those livestrong bands were a cult hit with cheap knockoffs of different colours selling way more than the original Nike release...

Pretty sure Barry Bonds and Roger Clemons never failed drug tests, but they are considered cheats because of the other (largely witness) evidence out there. I can't say with 100% certainty that any of these guys did what they were accused of, but when you seem so much freakishly better than everyone else, and when you know some of the others you are competing with juice, then there is a fair chance the best guy out there is also juicing. But in many cases, we may never know. I do wish Armstrong would have kept fighting if he truly is innocent so that all the evidence would eventually be out there on the table or whatever. But I can also understand Nam's point about it being draining.

Back