Lance Armstrong A Cheat or Legend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guilty or Not Guilty

• Total voters

RagingBull

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm sure you all know the stories of Lance Armstrong & the USADA. So what do you think, is he guilty or not?

Re: Lance Armstrong A Cheat or Legand

yeah i still believe he's a Legend, Haters will always Hate.

Drug cheat. But I'd bet more than half the guys on the cycling circuit are drug users. It's not as though he had an unfair advantage.

Surly if you pass that amount of Drug tests over such a long period of time he must be innocent.

Spell Legend correctly first!

You don't stop fighting unless you've something to hide IMO.

What I dont understand is why is USADA stripping Lance of his tour titles? I thought they were just a drug testing service and not a Bike riding sanctioning body. I follow boxing and when a fighter tests positive its the sanctioning body and not the drug testing agency that strips the fighter of his title.

Drug cheat. But I'd bet more than half the guys on the cycling circuit are drug users. It's not as though he had an unfair advantage.

In the 80s and before, it seems like most pro cyclists were taking performance enhancing drugs. It is said more than any other athletic game. However, restrictions have become quite stringent and testing is done more often, so it is rarely the case now. Usually now it's just blood boosting, which is taking out your own blood, storing it, and then taking time to make more blood over a few weeks.Then, they add their own stored blood back into their bodies to increase their endurance.
It seems like the likelihood of being caught once you have won and thus losing your victory doesn't seem worth it. What's the point of doing all that work only to have it stripped away?

You make a fair point though, that nearly everyone tries to get as much advantage as possible, so who is to say that everyone else hasn't done exactly as he did? He always passed the tests, so whatever he did couldn't have been that great an advantage.
He passed the tests when given, so he should keep his victories.
I've always supported Armstrong, so I still think he is one of the greatest athletes who has ever lived. The tour De France is the toughest athletic competition in the world, and anyone who has won more than anyone must be truly great. All other athletic competitions pale in comparison to the demands of the Tour.

If there is any solid evidence against the man for drug taking then I
say put it out there for the public. If not then leave him the f@#% alone. Armstrong is a legned..:clap

And that's all that needs to be said. He never failed a test.

Never failed 500 confirmed drug tests. Only proof is a handful of former teammates that were caught doping that signed statements. They probably made some deal too, to throw the guy under the bus. Its BS imo. I don't know if he is guilty or innocent, but at least have a positive drug test with these allegations.

I believe that he was in some way involved.

But I do not believe his wins should have been stripped.

He's a cheat but when the entire field was doping then its still an even playing field and he still kicked all their asses.

I believe that no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, you can not baptize cats. :lecture

Never failed 500 confirmed drug tests. Only proof is a handful of former teammates that were caught doping that signed statements. They probably made some deal too, to throw the guy under the bus. Its BS imo. I don't know if he is guilty or innocent, but at least have a positive drug test with these allegations.

:lecture Agreed. Not sure if he's a cheat or not, but without any evidence to prove it he's still the champ IMO.

First man to ride his bike on the moon. R.I.P.
LOL

Failing a test isn't the only form of evidence out there, and when there are so many trying to find ways to help folks avoid being caught (who are likely paid much more than the guys who are paid to identify cheats) it's hard to put too much faith in that process alone. I haven't paid all that much attention, but it smells like the guy is a cheat. I can't imagine there is truly a "vast conspiracy" of all his former teammates, etc. being out there to get him for a cash-in or out of jealousy.

I think he pissed off someone with a lot of power.

I'm also surprised no one has pointed out that you misspelled "legend".

Back