Kyle Reese - NECA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36544_442453839150340_188079338_n.jpg

My set has shipped. Should be a fun day next week, I'll be getting:

The Terminator series 3
Predator 2 Lost predators final wave
Battle Damage Robocop
Robocop w/ opening leg holster

8 new figures total.

I take back the negative comments I said about this figure.

Saw it today at Toys R Us. I looked through the pegs and they must have had 15 of him and Zombie Tanker Truck T-800. I thought I was going to lol at the "Luke Skywalker" portrait, but the overall figure looks quite good. I definitely see Michael Biehn which is quite surprising. Some were a few iffy due to the paint apps but the majority of the figures looked fantastic.

I didn't pick it up tonight but I'm definitely contemplating it. The sculpt, the slight stubble/shadow, the scars, the Sarah Connor photo, the filthy bird poop/paint bum pants, the shot gun with rope, it all turned out really well. I can just picture him with the shot gun raised taking aim at the Tech Noir T-800.

T1_Kyle_Reese_defends_Sarah.JPG

BD Zombie Tanker looks pretty good too. Can never go wrong with a wounded, bloody Terminator.

The frozen T-1000 is crap though. The paint is horrible. The "snow" effects remind me of the circle paint jobs Hasbro used on their POTFII Hoth vehicles/figures.

I'd love if mine arrived from BBTS tomorrow. So of course it won't.

Anxious to see if I'm gonna get hit by customs too since I've got 8 figures coming in. Obviously I very much hope not.

Kyle Reese and the T-800 look great, I'll have to see if my ToysRus has them. I just picked up the spring-loaded Robocop the other day, and I was very pleased.

Saw Kyle yesterday -I think he turned out really good. I'm planning on getting him for sure.

A closed mouth version. No, never saw that before. And it looks even less like Biehn.

Agreed. Oddly enough I found it over at toysRus.com, I wonder if they did change the sculpt, but then decided just to go with the original.

I got my set today though. Despite having only a kinda resemblance to Biehn the Reese figure is very nice. Glad to finally have a 1984 Reese in the collection, hopefully HT will follow suit.

The Tanker Truck pursuit T-800 is great, I love it. T-1000...is what it is.

I can think of these remaining figures they could do from the classic films assuming (they won't touch T1 Sarah and T2 young John):

Eye surgery T-800
2029 Reese
Factory Reese (different coat)

Split-down side T-1000
Exploded T-1000
T2 Sarah (steel mill version personally preferred)

Though perhaps they'll be calling it a day on the Terminator films now.

Where did you order from? Despite the Reese figure not having a great likeness, Im really excited to get him. With the way Neca's paint apps are I didn't order online, I'd rather buy them in person so I can pick the best ones. Im hoping Neca isn't done with Terminator, they've made it this far. A 2029 Kyle Reese would be insane, even with a shotty likeness. :lol

I can think of these remaining figures they could do from the classic films assuming (they won't touch T1 Sarah and T2 young John):

Eye surgery T-800

We basically got the "Eye Surgery" T-800 with the "Battle Damaged Tech Noir" figure. I can't really think of anything else you'd need for that one.

I really do hope they eventually get a Sarah Connor figure made. A few "Future War" figures would be great too.

We basically got the "Eye Surgery" T-800 with the "Battle Damaged Tech Noir" figure. I can't really think of anything else you'd need for that one.

I really do hope they eventually get a Sarah Connor figure made. A few "Future War" figures would be great too.

^yeah resistance soldiers to go up against all the endoskeletons we've gotten over the years.

Although you may have forgotten that for the eye surgery the Terminator is wearing only his sleeveless vest and has his arm and hand bandaged up. Its thus not represented in any figure so far. Its not essential but if they're planning any more Kyle Reese or T-1000s then its an option since they usually seem to want a T-800 of some kind in a given wave. The Hasbro Darth Vader of any Terminator line.

Just picked up series 3 today. Very nice, the paint quality was better than I expected. I love the little photo of Sarah Kyle Reese comes with.

The T-1000 looks like they sprinkled pretzel salt on him. :lol

That really is a perfect description of how it looked.:lol The prototype looked good too, but the end result.....not so much. He was the only one I passed on, just couldn't do it, didnt seem worth $15.

Back