Kyle Reese - NECA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always get a renewed satisfaction in the whole catalogue of 7" scale A&R figures from NECA every time I get some new ones in. Across Terminator, Robocop, Predator and Alien I've got almost everything I ever dreamed of having over just a short time since about 2009. With characters like Dutch, Hicks and Hudson on the way it looks like they're testing the waters at last for 'boring humans' in these franchises so who knows what more we can expect. Probably the most significant holes in the collection for non-humans are Queen Alien, Dog Alien, ED-209 and Peter Weller face BD Robocop. I really hope NECA has those in mind.

I always get a renewed satisfaction in the whole catalogue of 7" scale A&R figures from NECA every time I get some new ones in. Across Terminator, Robocop, Predator and Alien I've got almost everything I ever dreamed of having over just a short time since about 2009. With characters like Dutch, Hicks and Hudson on the way it looks like they're testing the waters at last for 'boring humans' in these franchises so who knows what more we can expect. Probably the most significant holes in the collection for non-humans are Queen Alien, Dog Alien, ED-209 and Peter Weller face BD Robocop. I really hope NECA has those in mind.

Ive always loved collecting Neca's figures aswell. Next year will be even more exciting for me. Two versions of Dutch, (hopefully) all the marines, and Rambo 1-3......:yess:. The only figures I was a little let down by this year were Rocky. Its unfortunate too, because the new paint they're using looks awesome, but everytime I see their Stallone sculpts I cry a little inside.:lol

Found My set today at Toys R Us. They did a great job with Kyle, the paintwork on mine is excellent. Here's an up-close shot of it:

IMG_0112.jpg

Haven't collected this line, but now I'm feeling the urge lol

Probably get Kyle, new T-800, then will probably have to track down an Endo and the first Motorcycle cop T-1000.

Anyone know, did the first motorcop and any endo's have any QC issues?

Not that I was aware of other than the usual paintslop on some examples probably. Touch wood but I haven't had any breakages since that disastrous first wave of T-1000s.

Haven't collected this line, but now I'm feeling the urge lol

Probably get Kyle, new T-800, then will probably have to track down an Endo and the first Motorcycle cop T-1000.

Anyone know, did the first motorcop and any endo's have any QC issues?

My motorcyle cop is just fine, and as far as the endos are concerned, the newest one they made (from The Terminator, series 1) with the closed mouth uses a srtonger and better plastic than the previous endos. I own 10 of them and not one has broken, plus the paint looks really nice and metallic.

My motorcyle cop is just fine, and as far as the endos are concerned, the newest one they made (from The Terminator, series 1) with the closed mouth uses a srtonger and better plastic than the previous endos. I own 10 of them and not one has broken, plus the paint looks really nice and metallic.

Leg articulation is crap as usual though. Sweet **** all forward/backward movement making it pretty much useless for anything other than just standing there like its on an assembly line. However the sculpt is great.

Sounds like you have a nice army.

Surprisingly I don't own a single endo. I was never lucky enough to find any of Necas in store, and I was never too impressed with HT previous offerings to pay $300+. Im hoping the HT 1/4 or maybe even Enterbays will fill the void.

Surprisingly I don't own a single endo. I was never lucky enough to find any of Necas in store, and I was never too impressed with HT previous offerings to pay $300+. Im hoping the HT 1/4 or maybe even Enterbays will fill the void.

The original HT endo was certainly worth its retail price but given its flat paintjob and the possibility of a new figure I can understand not caring to spend $300+ on it on the aftermarket.

Add that hypothetical new HT 1:6 version to your future possibilities.

The original HT endo was certainly worth its retail price but given its flat paintjob and the possibility of a new figure I can understand not caring to spend $300+ on it on the aftermarket.

Add that hypothetical new HT 1:6 version to your future possibilities.

Oh yeah forsure, I wouldve definitely paid the retail price for it, but the aftermarket price just isn't worth it imo. Im hoping HT new 1/6 endo looks better than the teaser pic we were shown awhile back.:lol

Wonder what the next series of Terminator figures has in store? Not sure if there is much interest in T2 John although I'd get him. I'd certainly be down for a T2 Future War John.

It amazes me how my local TRU gets the new Terminator series almost instantly but still no sign of Gordon Freeman. Needless to say, I picked up the best looking Reese and Tanker t800 I could find. They're great figures no doubt. However, they're really hard to stand up. Especially t800. Not sure of its just my mold, but his left foot is pointing upward. The foot only swivels since its not on a ball joint so I had to put something under his foot to get him to stand.

These are the last Terminator figures from NECA. Next year they're focusing on Predator, Rambo and unannounced licenses. I'm hoping they do something for Die Hard's 25th anniversary.

Wonder what the next series of Terminator figures has in store? Not sure if there is much interest in T2 John although I'd get him. I'd certainly be down for a T2 Future War John.

Im hoping NECA continues with Terminator, they're still a few figures id love to have. The next series could be something like this;

- Eye surgery T-800
-2029 Kyle Reese
-Steel mill Sarah Connor

Back