Kyle Reese bust (WIP)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see this is progressing well:)

Thanks, yeah, I leave it for a while when other hobbies take over... sometimes for too long.

The likeness is very good.

Glad you are seeing it... sometimes I wonder LD

can't wait to see more

Hopefully should have some new progress shots soon. I have sculpted and baked the hand but I though it might be a bit lame to show it.

Wow, that's absolutely phenomenal work.

Thanks, Leroy, glad you like it! :)

That's amazing , incredible work. Not only a great likeness but everything seems perfectly placed and balanced which is a problem that a lot of busts suffer from.
Well done mate. :clap

Very cool. Incredible likeness. Can't wait to see it painted.

That's amazing , incredible work. Not only a great likeness but everything seems perfectly placed and balanced which is a problem that a lot of busts suffer from.
Well done mate. :clap

Thanks a lot, I hope it still looks balanced now I've added the hand.

Very cool. Incredible likeness. Can't wait to see it painted.

I'm kinda looking forward to the paint myself :)

A little more progress. I think the face is as good as I'm going to get it... it's textured some but not finished. I've extended the right hand side of his body down a little as I felt like the hand and sleeve were a bit too disconnected from his body... I may extend it a little further yet. The hair is proably the biggest job left and getting the coat folds and creases to look right.

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

Wow, that really is incredible! Great work. It's very inspiring, but also very depressing at the same time knowing that I can't sculpt that good.

Excellent work!

One thing though, when I look at the sculpt my attention is kept drawn to the mouth. I'm not sure whether it's the camera angle or there's too much a gap between the lips and teeth, making it look strange.

Simply amazing! Great work on this :rock

Awesome progress buddy!!

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing Work buddy

Wow, that really is incredible! Great work. It's very inspiring, but also very depressing at the same time knowing that I can't sculpt that good.

Thanks.

Observation is key... observe, understand, recreate as best you can.

Such a pleasure to look at your work!

That's a great thing for an artist to hear.

Excellent work!

One thing though, when I look at the sculpt my attention is kept drawn to the mouth. I'm not sure whether it's the camera angle or there's too much a gap between the lips and teeth, making it look strange.

Thanks. Michael has a distinctive mouth, check him out in the movie, he kinda lets it relax. I think the lower lip still needs some tweaking though.

Last edited:
Fantastic, up until now i just have been focusing on the 1/6 scale threads (i am kinda new around here), but this is something else, amazing work!

Fantastic, up until now i just have been focusing on the 1/6 scale threads (i am kinda new around here), but this is something else, amazing work!

The 1/6 guys do some great work at that scale. I've worked in smaller scales myself, usually when creating figures, but for for a bust the focus is on the face and so the larger scale allows more detail.

Well that's easily the best likeness I've seen thus far.

Excellent work!

Thanks, Fiend :)

I think he's very close to finished. Just like to work on the hair a bit more.

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

Last edited:
wow, that is a gorgeous sculpture. I don't know if this has already been addressed, but are you going to be offering casts of this?

Holy crap that looks amazing!:clap

Thanks! :)

wow, that is a gorgeous sculpture. I don't know if this has already been addressed, but are you going to be offering casts of this?

Hi, at some point I hope to be moulding him.

In the meantime...

Just a photoshop mock up for the base, but what do you think? Does it work?

KyleonBase.jpg

Sarah photo created by Deck5 on the RPF forums and used with his permission.

Al

Thanks! :)

Hi, at some point I hope to be moulding him.

In the meantime...

Just a photoshop mock up for the base, but what do you think? Does it work?

KyleonBase.jpg

Sarah photo created by Deck5 on the RPF forums and used with his permission.

Al

That would make such a sweet base!!

Back