Kyle Reese bust (WIP)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is simply breath taking!!!!:clap

Are you going to be offering casts?

I'm a huge Kyle Reese/ Michael Biehn fan.

Great job!

Hi, thanks for the enthusiasm! I will be casting him and offering a few for fans.

Worked on him today, not a massive update, but something at least.

IMG_0850.jpg

that is looking very nice, keep meaning to ask, how you finding monster clay for your other arnie bust?

that is looking very nice, keep meaning to ask, how you finding monster clay for your other arnie bust?

I like it, but I've not really found how to work with it when it's cool, though admittedly I haven't really spent too much time with it. I'm planning on a figure in the near future and have been thinking I might try sculpting it with Monster Clay to retain some of those finer details.

Al

Really really nice work man. High class.
Are you going to detail the hair? Or leave as is?

I worked on Kyle at the weekend and I'm off work for the week so I hope to make some good progress. Here he is after the weekend.

IMG_0897-1.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

REALLY incredible! Seeing these reminded me how much we need a proper 1/6 version of Biehn.

Thanks, sdabbs, Jack :)

Today's progress. Refined the face some and I've started trying some techniques for the hair...

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

Mate this is looking really nice. In many ways, this is my favourite piece you've done.

Thanks, gypsycatcha, why is that, do you think?

Something new for me, I spent some of the weekend scratch building Reese's 1/2 scale Ithaca 37 shotgun with extended magazine tube and the stock sawn off. I used a few different references and the details seemed to vary, but it's as accurate as I could get it. Made from ply, doweling, Aves putty, and styrene. Still the trigger guard to do and I think it has a rear sight... I can see one on the photos I found of a real Ithaca 37m but I can't see one in the movie. The pump slider could have been a bit better, but over all I'm pleased with it seeing as I've never built anything like that before.

IMG_1080.jpg

Balanced on his shoulder it looks like it has the right effect...

IMG_1088.jpg

I think its the likeness. Your Arnies are awesome and when I see one, I instantly know its your work even tho there are so many Arnies out there and because of the features, he is maybe easier to recognise.

Im know sculptor but id imagine this is harder to nail the likeness ??
I think that's why I like it so much as it really is nailed on.
The shot gun looks amazing too. Cant wait to see this painted :)

Hi gypsycatcha, thanks for the nice comments, I really appreciate it. Yes, you are right about Michael Biehn's likeness, it has been difficult to try to capture. I'm not completely happy with it, but it's probably as close as I'm going to get it with the reference I have. The painting will hopefully bring it closer still.

Well, I got some brass tube and made a new barrel and magazine tube... the dowelling I used was a little over size and I felt it made it look a little chunky. I wasn't completely happy with the pump slider either, so I got another shot at that and I feel it's a bit better this time. Someone on another forum pointed out that the Ithaca 37 in the movie doesn't have the rear sight or the ramped front sight, but I decided I liked them so I have put them on and there is also the trigger and trigger guard made from Aves putty.

IMG_1159.jpg

I started the hand last week, it's not finshed yet but here's a in progress couple of shots.

IMG_3120.jpg

Finally, here are a couple of shots of Kyle with the gun and the incomplete hand (there will be a sleeve too) and the gun (the position/angle may need to be adjusted).

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

Last edited:
Back