Kyle Reese bust (WIP)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaneye

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm attempting Terminator's tragic hero, Kyle Reese... and man, this is hard. No torn up face to confuse things here, just an ordinarly face. Anyway, it's still very early days, but here's the work up to now including the armature... I got too involved with trying to eek out the likeness to take any very early pictures, so here he is now. I can see the likeness, but can anyone else?

Oh yeah, I've also discovered that these busts are closer to 1/2 scale than 1/3... actually about 5/12ths according to my son but I was always useless at fractions so I'll have to take is word for it.

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm working on him today, so might have some pictures later, depending how it goes.

Al

Thanks for the great comments guys, it's good to know the likeness is coming through.

I've worked on him today, just refining the features really to try and get the likeness closer. Here's a few shots.

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

Al

This looks great so far, I definitely see Michael Biehn.

That looks fantastic!

This looks great so far, I definitely see Michael Biehn.

Cheers guys :)

Started experimenting with the hair tonight... only roughed in as yet, but brings it a bit more to life. Unfortunately I had the ears a couple of mm too far back...tried to move them but ruined one in the process. I might redo both anyway:

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

Al

Man, cast up that mamma jamma and pour in some hydroshrink so we can have him in 1/6th! That thing is awesome!

Hi guys, well, as sometimes happens with the fickle thing that is capturing a likeness in clay, I lost it. I was working away, adding clay here and there, working from the varying reference, when all of a sudden (well, seemed like it) the likeness was gone from the front view, but still held a little from the three quarter view. So I kept working, trying to find what I'd done to lose it, and almost bashed the face in with frustration at times, but I persevered with it over a few days, and I think I've managed to get something of a likeness back. I'm still not satisfied yet, but then again I wasn't with the original... the hair is just a rough out to get the picture. Anyway, I hope it's looking okay... take a look and tell me what you think.

IMG_9298.jpg

IMG_9294.jpg

IMG_9295.jpg

Al

Mate I feel your pain, know exactley what you mean about frustration and wanting to smash up the thing your creating when it goes tits up.

Best thing to do is step away from it take a break and look at your pics.
The first ones had a great likeness there but did look a bit gaunt so I can see why you'd bulk him up some but the forehead looks too big and apeman like now imo.
Not an expert at all but reckon it needs thinning down to somewhere in between where it is and where it started in the first pics.
You got the skill you just need to learn to be patient and it will come good for you;)

Fancied picking up Kyle again today... it's been a while. I think I made a little progress.

IMG_9380.jpg

IMG_9388.jpg

IMG_9383.jpg

IMG_9396.jpg

Looks great to me. Great work. It was fun seeing this thing come together. Now we need one in 1/6 scale!

Back