Kolchak the Nightstalker interest thread by WGP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea what the price of the suits might be?
Not yet but I'd guess less than $50.

Nice job, although he looks a bit like "Buddy Ebsen"... especially the profile. Like to see it painted up.... Great looking zbrush sculpt and cool having it printed from the digital file.

Thanks for the comments. We'll take the nose in a bit.
-Rick :)

Here he is with his nose revised...

Kolchaknoseamendment.jpg

Just Googled Darren McGavin and the nose is a bit better, but I think the eyes might be a little too close together.

Sean

Last edited:
I think he looks too angry. The expression seems wrong for this character. He would look better with a different expression.

I think he looks too angry. The expression seems wrong for this character. He would look better with a different expression.

I agree - he looks a bit angry. Perhaps it was meant to be an inquisitive expression, but it comes across as a bit too "tough" for the character.

Sean

I think it is better and he doesn't look as much like Buddy Ebsen.

Now he looks like he is about to cry, but it is getting there.

Maybe just a few tweaks to make him less sad looking.

pure awesomeness!!!

Your sculptor Rocks!!!

kolchak2.jpg

I dunno about that. I keep catching his posting things on forums and somehow having escaped the chains I shackled him to at his desk so he would quit wandering off.

He took TWO dinner breaks last week! (sigh). :impatient:

I have to go break out the whip now. I'll be back...

-Rick ;)

Any chance if casting them in a fleshy resin a la loading toys? Lends a hyper realistic look and easy minimal paint up. Lonnie has experimented with some semi transparent resins with good results

Any chance if casting them in a fleshy resin a la loading toys? Lends a hyper realistic look and easy minimal paint up. Lonnie has experimented with some semi transparent resins with good results

Hey, bud!
Sure, why not? We aren't adverse to that.

Here is revision three. Serious, but not too mad or sad looking.

Kolchakrev3.jpg

I also want to announce that WGP's pet original "She-Vampire" project that we've had off and on for over a year is progressing well and is timed to be completed with Carl. She will be in a nightgown modeled after this and have a fitted wig for hair. Updated pics soon. :)

satingown.jpg

-Rick :)

Looks great from the nose up, but from the nose down looks like the Cobra Kai sensei from the Karate Kid. Jaw seems too square for Darrin McGavin to me. Just my two cents

Back