Action Figure King Arts 1/9 Scale General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heartbreaker and red snapper are absolutely beautiful.
Red snapper is substantially better than the HT version I had.

IMG_20171130_140348.jpg

Heartbreaker and red snapper are absolutely beautiful.
Red snapper is substantially better than the HT version I had.

View attachment 380197

I’m guessing the KA Peacemaker is another one that’s much nicer than HT. It has the working pistons (I’m assuming this one does too) and much better overall articulation.

It also looks pretty sharp paint and detail wise.

What about Heartbreaker, do you like it as well or better than the HT version?

I think in all KA is pretty much on par with HT.
Yes HT has some more fine details, but that's just a byproduct of a much bigger figure.And I'd give a nod to HT for slightly better paint apps..but again I think size is the factor there too.
In all..for me..id say this...
KA is easily 90% HT details design and paint..but much much smaller and more economical.
Again..I can fit 10-12 armors the the space I had maybe 5 HT. And at roughly$199 each...If you truly want a complete Hall of Armor..KA is a awesome option.
And they are diecast so you don't have to rebuy figures as HT remakes them...as they will keep doing

PS.Hulkbuster is a work of art itself..And a true masterpiece.

Heartbreaker is gorgeous..but the details on red snapper/ peace maker are off the hook

Woohoo I have my 2nd KA figure on the way, the Mark 16. It’s a great looking armor and I’m not sure if any other companies have made it yet. Very excited for this one!

I've always loved the look of the Peacemaker armor but didn't want to spend a packet on the disappointing HT release. This thread made me look up video reviews of the KA version, and it seems the small adjustments they made to the articulation makes all the difference. The leg and knee bend especially look excellent. I might hunt around for one now, just to display as a one-off.

Woohoo I have my 2nd KA figure on the way, the Mark 16. It’s a great looking armor and I’m not sure if any other companies have made it yet. Very excited for this one!

Unfortunately the eBayer never shipped. He tried to sell me other unlisted items and then disappeared after I passed on those. He did refund me quickly after I opened a case but has now relisted the figure. There were no real warning signs as he ‘had’ perfect feedback.

Anyway, his seller name is stark_hot_toys_xliv in case you guys want to avoid him.

I saw those... sheesh, at $230 a piece they're in HT territory now with their price. You can't even make the "Smaller scale saves money" argument anymore.

Still, if HT doesn't get around to finishing the HPP, I might be willing to pick up a few of these to populate the shelves.

15 new suits...yikes.
Wallet is empty.
The price hike is BBTS.
KA priced them as usual I'm told.

I saw those... sheesh, at $230 a piece they're in HT territory now with their price. You can't even make the "Smaller scale saves money" argument anymore.

Still, if HT doesn't get around to finishing the HPP, I might be willing to pick up a few of these to populate the shelves.

Yeah, I can't see myself making the switch at this point to the 1/9 scale at essentially the same price because of the diecast tax, but I hope they keep making them just to keep Hot Toy's feet to the fire on the HPP. Only got two out last year and nothing announced since Shades 6 months ago. Plus it is just nice to see some of these finally, I always liked the art on the darker suits 12, 13, 14, and man I need Romeo on my shelf :/

Where is a good place to buy King Arts Iron Men besides BBTS?

I’ve never ordered from there but I’ve seen them for decent prices on Robot Kingdom ...although it seems like you have to preorder most. Usually starting around $150-160 but not I’m sure about shipping costs.

Which eBay region? I dont see it in the main eBay website....
$350 is a bit much, but worth a look.

I just searched king arts iron man mark 16 in US. The seller is in Tokyo. Perfect feedback (2000+). Seller is mediaworld_japan

I thought I had found one for a good price awhile back but it turned out to be a scammer...got my money back easily but still disappointing.

Ahhh, found the eBay listing thanks!! Price is too high.... I'll wait it out.

Would suck if this is the only one I miss to complete the set :slap

Not a lot options out there that have these HPP 1/9ths in stock.

I was tempted last night by a mark 46 on Robot Kingdom. $208 shipped but I’m really just looking for a couple of HP ones. I’d like the 16 for sure...let me know if he turns up somewhere!

Did KA make bones? Never saw him anywhere.

Bones is the last one yet to be announced.
All the other Mark 1 - 46 have been made or out soon.
Its a complete set....

Congrats on your set that’s impressive! I’m curious to know where you’ve ordered outside of eBay or bbts?

Also wondering which KA marks you are most impressed by?

Back