1:9 Scale - The Sweet Spot Between 1:12 & 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would honestly think you are looking at a high end Nicholson Joker, and technically you are. This is what Beast Kingdom’s potential is. A great sculpt & likeness, great paintwork with depth giving it substantial realism in a smaller scale; & great tailoring of the clothing on an 8” articulated body. Not a figure where you see tons of articulation points either or soft plastic in place of fabric. This is what I want to see from a brand for all their figures. Imagine if someone was able to license Star Wars in this scale. Essentially mini-Hot Toys? That’s a profitable market. Hasbro hordes that US license though if I am not mistaken. I’d love to see them extend the Batman line for the Burton films. I want a Penguin & Catwoman!

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpeg
    IMG_0146.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I love Beast Kingdom's stuff! But they have to work on their scaling, for some of their cinematic figures anyhow. Their JL figures are undersized. But their Dark Night, and Batman 89, figures are spot on!
While their Superman comic versions seem oversized.

I love Beast Kingdom's stuff! But they have to work on their scaling, for some of their cinematic figures anyhow. Their JL figures are undersized. But their Dark Night, and Batman 89, figures are spot on!
While their Superman comic versions seem oversized.
I do agree though. That’s definitely one of the main criticisms I hear is the proportions/scaling. Hopefully we’re just still in the early days and there will be a lot of growth/tweaks to their 8ction Heroes line.

Attachments

• IMG_0171.jpeg
    IMG_0171.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0170.jpeg
    IMG_0170.jpeg
    578 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0169.jpeg
    IMG_0169.jpeg
  • IMG_0168.jpeg
    IMG_0168.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
  • IMG_0166.jpeg
    IMG_0166.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0165.jpeg
    IMG_0165.jpeg
  • IMG_0164.jpeg
    IMG_0164.jpeg
  • IMG_0163.jpeg
    IMG_0163.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Sauron is up for preorder on the standard collectible sites. I prefer Big Bad Toy Store or Sideshow usually but it’s not on Sideshow right now & Entertainment Earth offers free shipping on any order over $79 right now. So I went with EE.

It looks like he will begin order fulfillment this time next year.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/s/new-and-trending/s

The market is full of them in various scales at this point, but forgive me for being kind of excited to see Beast Kingdom enter the realm of horror. I hope this opens up a lot of other, less produced horror franchise characters! I haven’t seen much info about this yet but it does look like it’s going to be a part of the Dynamic 8ction Heroes 1/9th scale figure line. Love that they are sticking with as much soft goods/tailored clothing as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_0255.jpeg
    IMG_0255.jpeg
    885.4 KB · Views: 0
My goooodness, Beast Kingdom is really hitting a stride right now. They are teasing their Gandalf! This is great, it really shows a commitment to expanding the LOTR line past the Sauron that is presently up for preorder.
I wonder if there will be a decent sized reveal soon and if there will be a few more drops like this until then. We’ve got Pennywise teased & now Gandalf teased, I feel like we’ll get pre-production pics soon 🥹

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpeg
    IMG_0271.jpeg
Picked up NECA’s 1:9 Stevie Wayne figure a week ago. Great likeness to Adrienne Barbeau. I will have to pick up a Captain Blake soon to hold that Golden Cross!

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpeg
    IMG_0200.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0201.jpeg
    IMG_0201.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
King Art's 1/9 Iron Men were great, the only thing that killed it for me was the diecast tax. If they could have gotten these under $200 I would have been all in, instead I just have a few I picked up cheap for the fun of it

slHvBpe.jpg

King Art's 1/9 Iron Men were great, the only thing that killed it for me was the diecast tax. If they could have gotten these under $200 I would have been all in, instead I just have a few I picked up cheap for the fun of it

slHvBpe.jpg
Totally agree! Checked out what was available of Kings Art and was really impressed! The only issue was the price for me as well, I dropped scales so I could decrease the collection-based hole in my pocket 🤣 Their AntMan was the first fig I ever saw from them and before I saw the price I really debated starting to collect Marvel in this scale.

My goooodness, Beast Kingdom is really hitting a stride right now. They are teasing their Gandalf! This is great, it really shows a commitment to expanding the LOTR line past the Sauron that is presently up for preorder.
I wonder if there will be a decent sized reveal soon and if there will be a few more drops like this until then. We’ve got Pennywise teased & now Gandalf teased, I feel like we’ll get pre-production pics soon 🥹
From what we can see if the sculpt, it almost looks like a recast of the sideshow 1/6 sculpt

It wouldn't be the first time if true. It's been speculated that some of their other sculpts are scaled down recasts from HT figures.
I almost don’t care, since it’s not in direct competition with Hot Toys’ scale. But I get the integrity issue. I guess we’ll see!

I almost don’t care, since it’s not in direct competition with Hot Toys’ scale. But I get the integrity issue. I guess we’ll see!
Same. I don’t take as much offense to recasts as others do in this hobby. I understand it from both sides. As for this scale, I don’t collect it but I like watching it from afar so it is cool to see what they come up with. Beast Kingdom seem to be upping their game with each release which is always nice to see for any company. That tends to mean sales are good enough for them to push further, get more detailed and up the quality.

Not characters I’ll be picking up but for anyone interested; New promo images are up for Beast Kingdom’s upcoming Rick/Morty releases that were teased at their last convention showcase. Very toyetic, but it’s cool Rick has a cloth lab coat!

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpeg
    IMG_0433.jpeg
  • IMG_0429.jpeg
    IMG_0429.jpeg
  • IMG_0430.jpeg
    IMG_0430.jpeg
  • IMG_0431.jpeg
    IMG_0431.jpeg
  • IMG_0432.jpeg
    IMG_0432.jpeg
  • IMG_0434.jpeg
    IMG_0434.jpeg
  • IMG_0435.jpeg
    IMG_0435.jpeg
  • IMG_0436.jpeg
    IMG_0436.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
A closer look at NECA convention exclusive. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like it’ll be offered to anyone not going to this specific event. I’m not excited to see what this will look like when scalpers put them up on eBay. Wish they made it available in a limited supply online. But the figure looks great! Season of the Witch has been getting its flowers finally over the last decade or so. Just in time for spooky season.

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpeg
    IMG_0443.jpeg
Also just won an auction for the last piece to complete my “They Live” collection. Frank is going to hang out next to Nada & the Alien 2Pack.

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpeg
    IMG_0459.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Back