Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new shields BDoggWhite and Guitaryojedi!

The pics look great and thanks for the comparison pics as well!

Thanks markecho,
I know that those pics don't do any justice but I try to capture them as realistic as possible.
Please let me know if you would like to see more details/comp pics between "Classic" and "Stealth".

Been looking at the pictures posted and finally bit the bullet and ordered the classic shield from Midtown comics. Just got it today and it's got overspray damage; already contacted Midtown and was told tough luck on it. Guess I'll just repaint it at some point. But take this as a word of warning for anybody thinking to buy from them.
Paint issue aside, the base metal shield is really nice.

Been looking at the pictures posted and finally bit the bullet and ordered the classic shield from Midtown comics. Just got it today and it's got overspray damage; already contacted Midtown and was told tough luck on it. Guess I'll just repaint it at some point. But take this as a word of warning for anybody thinking to buy from them.
Paint issue aside, the base metal shield is really nice.

Sorry to hear that... I purchased "Stealth Shield" from Midtown Comics, and it was just perfect.
Then, ordered "Classic" off of eBay(means from Hong Kong), it's in excellent condition, too.
Maybe I was just lucky though.

Thanks. Glad yours arrived ok; I'm starting to think I just have bad luck with the production cap shields. Ordered a EFX one and had to return that one as well due to a bad paint job and large grooves in it where a paint rack fell on it.
At least I have my TFA aluminum shield that I painted myself:)

Too bad KA will not sell the Iron Man gauntlet separately from Mjolnir. That's a must buy for me.

Anyone got a good source to pre-order the new KA props now that BBTS no longer will sell them?

Congrats on both shields. :rock

Yeah, I agree. I have the battle damaged one and it's really hard to capture the look appropriately. The battle damaged lines are very subtle black accents. In person, it's perfect. In the photos with light, they don't look subtle at all - which isn't the case when you look at it on display.

Did you ever take more photos ? I saw your originals which look awesome but what about a display thread ? :D

Too bad KA will not sell the Iron Man gauntlet separately from Mjolnir. That's a must buy for me.

Anyone got a good source to pre-order the new KA props now that BBTS no longer will sell them?

I think I will go off of eBay. $659 + $170 Shipping:slap
(Mjolnir + Gauntlet Retail Price: $4200HKD = $540 or so, I believe.)
Since eFX released Mjolnir before, that combo item won't be available from any US retailers, I assume...
So, I don't really have my choice.

I think, both left as raw brushed aluminum, but classic has gloss coat on top.
Then, Stealth has some kinda "weathered effect", which makes silver looks "darker grey/gun-metallic".

These are taken under the same lighting condition:

View attachment 200124

Correction:
I check them under direct sun light today, and I think that Classic's Silver ring/star is painted.
It's not as thick as Red/Blue paint, but definitely a thin layer of silver paint though.
On the other hand, "Stealth" is raw brushed aluminum with some weathering effect.
cosilver.jpg

I think I will go off of eBay. $659 + $170 Shipping:slap
(Mjolnir + Gauntlet Retail Price: $4200HKD = $540 or so, I believe.)
Since eFX released Mjolnir before, that combo item won't be available from any US retailers, I assume...
So, I don't really have my choice.

Hey I'll split with ya for the gauntlet.:wink1::)

I ordered a classic replica from Midtown as well and I received it on Monday. Overall the shield is really nice. I have two areas, one noticeably larger than the other, in the silver ring that has that blotchy look. I'm having a hard time telling if it is too little or too much clear coat. I was thinking of using a 3M clear coat polish and see if I could even it out. Thought?

Back