Kick Ass...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it? It's worse then....no excuse to cut the cocain and the brains blown...

There was a cocain scene in the movie and actually there were a lot of blown brains. Not the scene you want, not sure why they changed it but there was A LOT of graphic violence in the movie.

Dam it!!! What a bunch of ___ssys...
I'll hate the movie, but i'll see it anyway...

Well, if i didn't know anything about the comics it would be ok, but i like the comics and i hate when hollywood blows comics movies just to reach the "general audience" a.k.a PG-13...
I say F___k it....if you commit to do something do it right or don't do it...

Is it? It's worse then....no excuse to cut the cocain and the brains blown...
I guess no balls shocking too uh???

You need to relax a little :lol

You know the rights to the comic were sold before it was written and that the comic and script was writen at the same time, right? And Hollywood didnt blow anything because the movie was independently financed.
It can't be a direct from-comic-to-screen. Some changes has to be made to make the story work better for the movie.

If you check out IMDB, you can see some of the changes made.

Took my pills...now i'm relaxed :lol:lol:lol

I'm just frustrated cause i wanted to see Nick Cage's ugly face blowed away on screen :pow

This movie should have been called Hit Girl rather than Kick-Ass. And she's a great screen character, by far the most interesting one in the film and really well performed. They needed a line in the film about how her father has psychologically damaged her beyond repair to which she replies 'Chill dude, sometimes it's not that deep.'

I would agree that it works very much like Galaxy Quest in that it's a satire and an homage to a specific genre.

spoilery

Sure, it could have ended all dark and cynical and be a proper satire - but really, who wants to see that?

This movie was fantastic! :rock

One of the best action sequences since the Matrix elevator sequence too!

8 out of 10! I really hope there is a sequel. :cool:

This movie was fantastic! :rock

One of the best action sequences since the Matrix elevator sequence too!

8 out of 10! I really hope there is a sequel. :cool:

The comics series definitely left a hanger scene and said "end of book one," so I think there will definitely be more to the comic series. And if the movie is successful, I don't see why they wouldn't take the opportunity to make more money.

I try to avoid throwing my own opinions on the fire but.. here goes...

Thoroughly enjoyed this. From my understanding, it's meant to be a 'fun-romp', and it delivers. I didn't go into the film expecting 'The Color Purple', 'A River Runs Through It' or even 'The Dark Knight', and I wasn't disappointed. I don't always need deep, multi-dimensional characters for an enjoyable movie experience. Nor do I require thought-provoking plot devices. Sometimes the simplest stories are most enjoyable. Notice I said 'movie' and not 'film'. Maybe I'm shallow (no input from the peanut gallery necessary).

I'd get a kick out of sculpting Hit Girl in action. (NO! That's not a hint. Leave it alone).

BTW, HATED Where the Wild Things Are despite my professional history. Spike Jonze is banned for life.

First Rule of the Internet:

Never, ever, ever, go into a discussion about any movie you haven't seen if you want to avoid spoilers.

:lecture

I 100% agree but still there are spoiler tags for a reason. I saw the movie already so obviously I wasn't affect but I am sure someone could be.

Agreed. Anyone who enters this thread shouldn't complain if they read something that they didn't want to know about after the movie's been released for a full weekend. why come into the thread at all if you can't discuss the movie. I really don't think another "Kick Ass the movie - with spoilers" thread is necessary either.

I guess there are certain parts that should be left for the viewer to discover and enjoy, but to have to put spoiler tags around "Good guy and bad guy don't get along, they fight, good guy wins and gets the girl" seems a little silly.

I guess there are certain parts that should be left for the viewer to discover and enjoy, but to have to put spoiler tags around "Good guy and bad guy don't get along, they fight, good guy wins and gets the girl" seems a little silly.

I would agree with that for the most part but it is when you mention characters who died, EVEN if it might be obvious is going over the line. A good guy can win in many ways and when you don't know the source material you don't know how it might end.

Back