Kick Ass...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imdb and Yahoo Movies, say Kick-Ass only made 19.8 mil. It's second to Train Your Dragon, which made 20 mil....seems somewhat disappointing to me, but I doubt it will affect the decision to make a sequel.

For what Kick-Ass is, 19.8 could be good.

Last edited:
Well it was rated R and surprisingly on the smaller screen when i went today... (but theater was packed)

I thought it was brilliant.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I would agree with that for the most part but it is when you mention characters who died, EVEN if it might be obvious is going over the line. A good guy can win in many ways and when you don't know the source material you don't know how it might end.

:lecture I went into this movie knowing nothing about the books. So yes I agree. People tend to assume that the general public should know everything. It's not the case.

I enjoyed it. It was funny, violent and everyone was cast well. And I agree, it should have been called Hit-Girl instead, cause she stole the movie.

Fauk Clash of the Titan or Prince of Persia, where is our Hit-Girl figure at Hot Toys?

I enjoyed it. It was funny, violent and everyone was cast well. And I agree, it should have been called Hit-Girl instead, cause she stole the movie.

Fauk Clash of the Titan or Prince of Persia, where is our Hit-Girl figure at Hot Toys?

Nahhh shouldn't have been called Hit Girl. Or she would have narrated. This was ALL Kick Ass. Disagree with that 100%. Certainly she was the most entertaining but it really wasn't about her.

Nahhh shouldn't have been called Hit Girl. Or she would have narrated. This was ALL Kick Ass. Disagree with that 100%. Certainly she was the most entertaining but it really wasn't about her.

To be honest if the movie would have been called Hit Girl and then you saw the same movie movie it would have lost its touch. The whole point was to watch a total nerd "Kick Ass" try to become a super hero. That's what made it charming. Hit Girl was a character in said movie that was WAY above him. If it was about her then you would have missed the point. BIG TIME IMO.

To be honest if the movie would have been called Hit Girl and then you saw the same movie movie it would have lost its touch. The whole point was to watch a total nerd "Kick Ass" try to become a super hero. That's what made it charming. Hit Girl was a character in said movie that was WAY above him. If it was about her then you would have missed the point. BIG TIME IMO.

Actually, if I remember correctly, when Mark Millar wrote the first draft of the comic series, it was just Hit Girl and Big Daddy. Kick Ass was later added in order to get a complete series that the main audience could relate to and get behind (nerdy high school loser going through puberty vs. Father/tween daughter duo bent on vengeance for the death of thier wife/mother).

Went to see this today and loved it! Cast was great, actions sequences and violence were awesome and Nic Cage kicked ass (take that Bamboota)!! But of course, Hit Girl stole the show, Chloe Moretz rocked the **** out of that role! I just wanted to give that little mass murdering crime fighter a big hug! :lol I'm gonna recommend this to all of my friends and can't wait to buy this on Blu-Ray! :rock

HELL YEAH. :rock

For someone who hasn't read the comics or saw the movie yet. YEA YA DID!

This is a spoiler. Not being a prick just saying some people don't like any spoilers.

Spoiler Spoiler:

No man i have read the comic, i got the new edition that just came out, and let me tell you... im looking at it in a new light, such an epic movie !!!!.

Hot toys needs to cancels all those crap filled clash of the titans and prince of persia licenses and get this license fast, this is one of those rare movies that your kids will want to see and you'll answer, "not until your 17 kiddo " lol.:D

watched kick-ass last fri.

overall it was a good watch. pretty entertaining. it's nowhere near as good as some critics say (eg: devin faraci of chud's ridiculously over-enthusiastic rave). but neither was it as crap as i had expected. i admit i was a little biased. from the start, i've always had some problems with the movie on a fundamental conceptual level. its inability to reconcile its broad conceit of "real" people in a "real" world being superheroes, versus the blatantly UNrealistic, over-the-top, fantastical tone it strikes towards the end, especially the 3rd act. i felt it in the trailers, which accounts for my skepticism. and the movie didn't do much to alleviate that issue. it's a distinctly indecisive concept.

BUT. in spite of that flaw, i managed to have a good time. and no, i didn't have a problem with the violence and cussing. maybe it's that disjoint of reality vs fantasy that disassociated hit girl's behavior from anything "real world". she's a decidedly fictitious, make believe character in my mind, so i don't see an actual 11-year old child committing and saying all those atrocities. critics who call it irresponsible, evil, fascisistic, etc, are just bringing their own baggage into the viewing experience.

and superb performances across the board! everyone from nic cage, to aaron johnson, to mark strong, to chloe moretz, were brilliant.

The reason Hit Girl and Big Daddy are more awesome than Kick-Ass, is because that's the point of the story.
Spoiler Spoiler:

So, in the comics... can we expect in the sequel for:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was sad that didn't happen in the end of the film.

So, in the comics... can we expect in the sequel for:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was sad that didn't happen in the end of the film.

that can be left for a sequel which i hope they do, they dont need to rush it but i heard Mark Millar has an idea how they would do it

People seem to act like Hit Girl is the main character. A quick glance at imdb shows that she was born in 1997. You do the math.

I was talking about the main character. Who is Kick-Ass. Who is not, and does not look 12.

For me, this was the BEST MOVIE yet that I have seen this 2010...

And I have watched several (Clash of the Titans 3D, Etc)...

Everytime there was a "Comics to Film" movie... I almost always say that the Comics Version was better than the Movie Version...

But for this one, the MOVIE was WAY BETTER!

I LOVE the FILM'S "TWISTS &/or CHANGES" from the COMICS since it really worked for MOVIE!

Very, Very, Very WELL DONE !
:clap

--------------------

IN A WORLD WHERE THERE ARE NO SUPERPOWERS.... COMES MORE RESPONSIBILITIES...

I am KICK-ASS !

kick-ass-01.jpg

Back