Kick Ass...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is actually the first instance I can see where I like the film better than the comic. And I loved the comic, but this story feels like it was meant to be a live action film. Also, the changes Vaughn made I am 100% behind and made the experience all the more enjoyable.

Hit Girl is like, the greatest character ever.

In fact, ALL these characters were good. You felt something for them. Best movie of the year....so far anyways.

I have no intention of watching "Kick Ass" but I don't think there's anything inherently wrong about a film becoming what it satirizes. Both "Scream" and "Galaxy Quest" did a fine job of satirizing a genre while also following the rules of the very genres they were poking fun at.

Just wanted to say that I LOVE Galaxy Quest. :D

May go see this today...haven't decided as Crazy Heart is playing at the discount theater down the street from me and I really want to see that too.

I want to know 2 things from the people who watched the movie:
1 - Does Hit Girl activates “Condition Red" like in the comics, or it was cut?
2 - Big Daddy ends like in the comics? explicit? or it was cut/softened?

Barb, I'm not going to debate you. I usually disagree with everything you say and your posts here are not different, and they tend to drain my energy just trying to get through them.

I think Scream's comedic deconstruction of slasher flicks falls under the umbrella of satire, but that's beside the point. I can't imagine enjoying Kick Ass if it features those elements. It certainly does appear to have an enthusiastic target audience, however.

How old are the kids in the movie? 12?

The main character is a nobody in high school who fantasizes over his teacher, so I think the age is more like 16-18. He may actually say in in the narrative, and it may say in the comics, but I'm too lazy right now to go look them up.

Edit: 16 to be exact

Last edited:
I never felt this was Satire of the Superhero genre, for me it was a love letter to it, and the rest of Geek culture. It did not make fun of it's subject but showed us the pluses and the minuses in a semi-Real world if somebody tried to be a Costumed hero. It just so happens to have a lot of funny comedy around the main plot.

It's awesome movie, most will not be disappointed

I want to know 2 things from the people who watched the movie:
1 - Does Hit Girl activates “Condition Red" like in the comics, or it was cut?
2 - Big Daddy ends like in the comics? explicit? or it was cut/softened?

I don't recall "condition red" in the movie. That might have taken it a little too far and really upset the uptight audiences/critics... and Barb.

Big Daddy doesn't have his brains blown out through his forehead like happens in the comic, but it's still pretty dramatic when he goes.

Dam it!!! What a bunch of ___ssys...
I'll hate the movie, but i'll see it anyway...

Well, if i didn't know anything about the comics it would be ok, but i like the comics and i hate when hollywood blows comics movies just to reach the "general audience" a.k.a PG-13...
I sat....if you commit to do something do it right or don't do it...

Last edited by a moderator:
....if you commit to do something do it right or don't do it...[/QUOTE]

Good thing Kick-Ass is rated R then, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it? It's worse then....no excuse to cut the cocain and the brains blown...
I guess no balls shocking too uh???

Back