Ki Adi Mundi: Jedi Master- Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So finally got around to the body swap... had an extra Buck from my Kroenen figure. I'm really surprised how much of a difference it makes. Ki looks way better, I really wasn't bothered before, but after seeing the difference in person I'm really impressed!

Great work to whoever first noticed this :rock

So finally got around to the body swap... had an extra Buck from my Kroenen figure. I'm really surprised how much of a difference it makes. Ki looks way better, I really wasn't bothered before, but after seeing the difference in person I'm really impressed!

Great work to whoever first noticed this :rock

Is the Buck from the Kroenen figure identical to Qui-Gon?:)

I don't think so... side to side Qui Gonn looks taller. I think the Kroenen is just on a standard body. I swapped him out using a True Type and so I just had his body sitting around waiting to be used.

I also used the Ki body to swap out the monkey-arm body on Luke. Not a huge difference, but still makes him look a little better.

Thanks again. I too will try doing that, only concern is I have never pulled a head out of any of my sideshow figures.

Be very careful with Ki Adi's head. Make sure you heat it thoroughly and watch the ponytail when you pull the head off.

Thanks again. I too will try doing that, only concern is I have never pulled a head out of any of my sideshow figures.

Anzik is right. I heated some water in the microwave. And then just let Ki stew for about a minute. The head popped off very easily.

The Sideshow neck joint can break easily, so if you meet a lot of resistance... put him back in the water for a bit to soften up more. But like I said, I had no problems swapping out the Ki and Luke heads.

After swapping a TT body, Ki Adi looks much better now. Now to buy Aayla which i missed and do a switch for the light saber.

Yes, be very careful with the ponytail, I broke mine off when changing heads. I do agree that it makes a big difference in how he looks.

I just finished packing up the collection for a move. And because of my body swap I had to butcher the Ki's plastic tray a bit... guess I've hurt the resale on this one :lol

I would swap bodies if his tunic was longer. It looks strange on a tall body because the legs are long which makes the tunic look so much shorter.

In person it looks much better... I had the same concerns about the the tunic (mostly he'd look like a bean pole) but really improves the figure greatly. Hard to capture the difference in photos, but he just looks right on a taller body. I went with the standard buck which is only like a 1/2 taller, so the proportions stay good for the clothing.

I need to photograph this one sometime, still haven't, but the body swap is key, and while there is an overall difference, i don't find the subtle things to seem off, like legs and tunic. With the right clothes futzing he can look really sharp. Only thing that bugs me is the excess belt material, not sure why it came out so large and it droops on him.

Back