Ki Adi Mundi: Jedi Master- Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree... I've modified very few of my figures. But the body made a world of difference and its really an excellent (even if a bit bare-bones) figure.

Other than the choice of body size, they really did a nice job, I really like the sleeves on his shirt and how they cover his hands, don't know why I think it just makes a cooler look. Tim got a lot of cool texture and shape in the portrait.

Ah, now I've got warm fuzzies all over. :grouphug

Guess a shower would take care of that. :monkey1

I just picked up this figure, it is fantastic. I replaced the body with a taller buck body, you can really tell the difference.

The next step, a repaint of the head. This will really show off the fantastic sculpt.

I just picked up this figure, it is fantastic. I replaced the body with a taller buck body, you can really tell the difference.

The next step, a repaint of the head. This will really show off the fantastic sculpt.

I agree! I just bought mine off off eBay, and now here I am with pics of my body swap:

My out-of-box Ki Adi Mundi along side a clone for scale, and the normal sized Buck body I used.
Ki_Adi_01.jpg

Stripped down. You can really see the difference in body heights here.
Ki_Adi_02.jpg

I was a little picky with the body colour, since I didn't want to see the lighter shade of skin tone from the taller body potentially at the wrists, so I snapped the forearms in half:
Ki_Adi_03.jpg
Ki_Adi_05.jpg

I then reattached the darker Ki Adi forearms to the taller, lighter skinned Buck Body once I transplanted the head.
Ki_Adi_06.jpg

Ki_Adi_07.jpg

After some glue and clamping...
Ki_Adi_08.jpg

I started to dress him, but soon realise with longer legs comes a price; his pants wouldn't fit! They could not be pulled fully up due to the 'socks' attached to the pant bottoms:
Ki_Adi_09.jpg

So I cut out the toes and pulled up Ki Adi's pants.
Ki_Adi_10.jpg

After fully dressing him, here he is; now taller, as he should be, with the naked original Ki Adi Buck beside him.
Ki_Adi_11.jpg

Next I'll give his head a repaint.

I highly recommend giving the Jedi general a new, taller body! Thanks everyone for the great idea!

B

The change is very dramatic... I didn't use the tall buck (just a normal one) and was really surprised how much better he looked. Just so odd that they would put him on a short body :duh

BTW, you can use Ki's body on Jedi Luke and remove his monkey-arm syndrome :lecture

I think I swapped my Ki Adi's body with the ROTJ Luke body...solved Ki Adi's height and Luke's monkey-arms & height at the same time :)

The change is very dramatic... I didn't use the tall buck (just a normal one) and was really surprised how much better he looked. Just so odd that they would put him on a short body :duh

BTW, you can use Ki's body on Jedi Luke and remove his monkey-arm syndrome :lecture

Yes, thanks! Already fixed my monkey armed Luke.

But a TALL BUCK!? Did I use a tall? Oops! Maybe he's back to the drawing board....? :slap

Oh, maybe not... I thought yours looked a bit taller in comparison to your clone.

So yours and mine are the same (except for your forearm swap).

Can we see a pic of the hood pulled up over his head? I realize it'll look pretty silly with his big cone head, but I'm still curious to see how it would look.

Don't think I ever even tried to pull the hood over his head... now I'm curious too :lol

BTW, if anyone is looking for him Hastings has him for $35 which is a steal IMO.

Here's Ki Adi after I'd switched him over to a narrow-shouldered true-type last year. I posted these in a different thread, I think, but not in this one.

3926263730_9c6320e019.jpg
3925480395_6081074277.jpg

And here it is with a group of other figures for scale...

4009863407_a3fae1c3de_b.jpg

Back