Ki Adi Mundi: Jedi Master- Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Ki Adi Mundi arrived on my desk this morning, every Monday morning should be like this :)
Haven't got him out yet but he looks vg in the box, need to get a taller body for him, thinking maybe buying an extra Endor Sgt for the donor. Will have to check and see whether he's tall enough. Also need to swap sabers with Aayla. Can't wait to get him home now :)

Cheers,
Doug

My Ki Adi Mundi arrived on my desk this morning, every Monday morning should be like this :)
Haven't got him out yet but he looks vg in the box, need to get a taller body for him, thinking maybe buying an extra Endor Sgt for the donor. Will have to check and see whether he's tall enough. Also need to swap sabers with Aayla. Can't wait to get him home now :)

Cheers,
Doug

I just used a standard buck and it really worked well... I think the taller one (like Qui Gonn is on) might actually be too much. But he looks proportionately a lot better by swapping out the body.

And if you have a Jedi Luke, you can use Ki's body for him and reduce a bit of the monkey-arm syndrome. Although on Luke I didn't notice as dramatic a difference.

I went to put Luke on Ki's body and his ankles snapped off! Ah well. Maybe I'll use my Yavin Luke for the body.

I've already swapped Jedi Luke's monkey body w/ a Yavin Luke so the only Buck I have ATM has the monkey arms :(
It's an excuse to get another Endor troop though, I have a cunning plan...
(well, it's a plan to make another Endor troop, so not that cunning (or much of a plan, come to that))

Cheers,
Doug

I did a strange multi body switch when I swaped all mine out. I used ki's body on my Yavin luke cause the color matched better with the extream tan they gave him. That Body then went to Ep.III Obi and with a bit of pading in the boot matched his height to the General Obi while still leaving him much shorter then Anakin. I put Ki on the Obi body which after doing so the Qui-gon body would look way to lanky in the Ki clothing but the standard buck is just about right. I also took an extra Yavin Luke I had left over from a kit bash while I was at it and Replaced my RotJ Luke's monkey arm body as well as gave him the the more flexible boots from it.

Yes I know I'm that big of a geek I got to have all there heights perfect :(

Finally got around to shooting this one.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I did a strange multi body switch when I swaped all mine out. I used ki's body on my Yavin luke cause the color matched better with the extream tan they gave him. That Body then went to Ep.III Obi and with a bit of pading in the boot matched his height to the General Obi while still leaving him much shorter then Anakin. I put Ki on the Obi body which after doing so the Qui-gon body would look way to lanky in the Ki clothing but the standard buck is just about right. I also took an extra Yavin Luke I had left over from a kit bash while I was at it and Replaced my RotJ Luke's monkey arm body as well as gave him the the more flexible boots from it.

Yes I know I'm that big of a geek I got to have all there heights perfect :(

Yeah, but now SS is putting the new figures on the Pro, so that might change:D

Yeah, but now SS is putting the new figures on the Pro, so that might change:D

I'm still holding out hope SS is going to adjust the height with difrent legs and arms like they mentioned in the last ask sideshow. I mean that's supposed to be the reason the body was made modular and and hopefully why Lando isn't due till the end of the year.

Doing the body swap soon. I'm using an old Vampire Spike body for it. But still quite nervous about the ponytail snapping off. Is a hair dryer or boiling water better to do the job?

Doing the body swap soon. I'm using an old Vampire Spike body for it. But still quite nervous about the ponytail snapping off. Is a hair dryer or boiling water better to do the job?

You don't even need to boil. I microwaved a cup of hot water for about a minute just until it was steaming.

Given his head size, it's going to be a tall cup of water. Thanks for the info, Maulfan. :D

You don't even need to boil. I microwaved a cup of hot water for about a minute just until it was steaming.

That's what I do as well... I have some 20oz plastic cups and you can dip just about any figure. I let Ki stew a bit longer but just avoided the pontail when I popped off the head.

But remember, if you have any serious resistence, just redip the head for a bit. Same with the boots for Luke, I let them soak for a good minute and had no problem slipping them off and then back on again later.

And great pics Sean! Ki really is a great figure, one I'm really glad Sideshow released.

Other than the choice of body size, they really did a nice job, I really like the sleeves on his shirt and how they cover his hands, don't know why I think it just makes a cooler look. Tim got a lot of cool texture and shape in the portrait.

Back