Ki Adi Mundi: Jedi Master- Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2489261723_32a4bbcd20.jpg

...hat goes back on...

"For 800 years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained" -Yoda, TESB

...hat back off...

Wee late to the game, but my Ki-Adi's out for delivery today. Probably will swap him onto the medium Buck later, I've got a spare. The tall body seems too extreme with the costume, but maybe the medium will be a nice middle ground.

Sean, here's mine on the tall body with QG and Plo for reference.
I didn't have an extra medium with SW wrist pegs but I like how he looks.
the3stoo_Imeanjedi.jpg

Sean, here's mine on the tall body with QG and Plo for reference.
I didn't have an extra medium with SW wrist pegs but I like how he looks.
the3stoo_Imeanjedi.jpg

You know Anzik, there's a hasbro 2 pack Qui Gon on Ebay that I'm tempted to buy , looking at your Qui Gon Tunic is tempting. It does look pretty good.

You won't be disappointed! One of theses days I'm going to water treat it and make it look better.
I just wish the tabbards were a little more narrow.

I'm thinking of selling my Ki Adi. :( Don't like it, don't have an extra Buck body, and don't feel like I should have to change it out anyway. Sideshow is rapidly losing me to the better-quality Hot Toys.

I'm thinking of selling my Ki Adi. :( Don't like it, don't have an extra Buck body, and don't feel like I should have to change it out anyway. Sideshow is rapidly losing me to the better-quality Hot Toys.

I'll swap you my Sith Anakin or ROTS OBi Wan for it.

Yeah, Ki Adi on a short body is definitely a blunder. Just from the look of the figure it seems it was sculpted to suit the larger body.

One thing I find throwing him of which I think will be an easy futz is the hood and his shirts around the neck. If you hold them flat so you cansee a neck and such, it shows more anatomy, without that, the clothes and his elongated head make the upper body and head seem like one big mass with tiny legs coming off it.

I received mine yesterday.
Obviously they used the wrong body, but even with a taller body his head will still seem grossly oversized, it's about 1:5.5 scale.
Too few accessories for the price. I also miss the days when pouches would open, having just a hunk of plastic without an opening for a satchel seems like a step backwards.
To add to the disappointment, I happen to get one that was badly painted, some of the beard was unpainted or had too much gray, and the black of an iris was a little smudged. Mine also has a belt that appears like it was too long when they glued it together so it looks bunched up on his waist.
The only good that can be said is a good looking head sculpt and the rest of the costume is done well.
Sideshow really screwed this one up. I'll try to save for a new tall Buck body to see if it makes me feel better about this purchase. Such a missed opportunity to give us a good Ki Adi. :(

I received mine yesterday.
Obviously they used the wrong body, but even with a taller body his head will still seem grossly oversized, it's about 1:5.5 scale.
Too few accessories for the price. I also miss the days when pouches would open, having just a hunk of plastic without an opening for a satchel seems like a step backwards.
To add to the disappointment, I happen to get one that was badly painted, some of the beard was unpainted or had too much gray, and the black of an iris was a little smudged. Mine also has a belt that appears like it was too long when they glued it together so it looks bunched up on his waist.
The only good that can be said is a good looking head sculpt and the rest of the costume is done well.
Sideshow really screwed this one up. I'll try to save for a new tall Buck body to see if it makes me feel better about this purchase. Such a missed opportunity to give us a good Ki Adi. :(

What about switching the Jedi Lukes body with Ki Adi's? Then you don't have to buy a new crappy buck.

I bought the black buck for Ki Adi and swapped Ki's old body for Jedi Luke and I couldn't be happier with the result.

Back