- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater -

That Enforcer looks fantastic, Kevin! Love the case too! And as someone who dabbles in photography and videography, let me just say that the presentation and lighting in your shots is always simply outstanding! I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next.

Thank your sir! I work in production, so I can't help but over-shoot this stuff. Haha. I fogged up the whole house with haze today while shooting, my wife wasn't thrilled.

Weren't you having problems with your 1:2 endos eyes? Did you ever figure it out?

Weren't you having problems with your 1:2 endos eyes? Did you ever figure it out?

It's on the To-do list. I need to open up the bottom of the base, as I suspect a solder at the foot connection has come loose. Hard to say. The original HCG run of those statues was great. The electronics work on that run, not so much. I know a number of collectors who have had similar problems.

Worst case, I'll have to pop the eyes out and just rewire the head. Hoping to avoid that! The un-fun-ness of that job has kept it on the back burner, but it needs done.

Yeah that sounds scary, I hope you can figure it out man.

I really appreciate that, thanks!

It's at a point now where I need to turn over some pieces, and hone the collection a bit more. I've never been a quantity guy.

if you ever plan on letting go of your repainted SS War Machine bust or HCG P1 bust, let me know ;)

Think you need a list for that hcg p1, think I called dibs if you ever sell way back last year haha [emoji23]

It's a great piece tho, so no surprise!

Haha, I think you're right! With the custom base, I don't even know how I'd price that thing. The bust alone costs a fortune these days.

It's staying here for now. I'll keep you guys in mind if I get the itch to sell.

Haha, I think you're right! With the custom base, I don't even know how I'd price that thing. The bust alone costs a fortune these days.

It's staying here for now. I'll keep you guys in mind if I get the itch to sell.

All good, thanks Kevin [emoji846].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I picked up my Alien Internecivus raptus statue last week.

This paint app was one one of sideshow's better efforts, but I still ended up repainting it, haha. I thought the overall tone of mine was too dark, and it hid some of the details in the sculpt. I repainted the body in lighter tones with more stripes and details, chromed the teeth, and also added a bit more black shading to the front of the dome. For me, the eyes in the skull were a tiny bit too visible.

I also skinned the base in latex. It's totally removable if I decide to go back to the clean look. Have a peek. I'm really, really happy with this statue.

You improved that thing no end! Have you considered straightening out the lean, or don't you mind it?

The addition of latex to the base was genius. Do you have any pics of him in your collection on the shelf?

You improved that thing no end! Have you considered straightening out the lean, or don't you mind it?

I could have fixed the lean, but honestly it didn't bother me much in person.

The addition of latex to the base was genius. Do you have any pics of him in your collection on the shelf?

I just built a new set of Bestas in my office, and I'm still figuring out what is going where. Here's a quick shot for size reference tho.

Photo Mar 07, 2 06 48 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 07, 2 06 51 PM.jpg

I still think you should sell me that Akihito Ikeda buildup Kevin . . .

. . . my raw copy looks cool but yours looks a wee bit - just a tad - a smidge - better :)

Hahaha. Thanks man.

If you knew the amount of hours I had in Akihito's bust, your head would explode. There are probably 10 layers of veins and minuscule brushstrokes. That thing almost gave me carpal tunnel.

Back