- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater -

I just built a new set of Bestas in my office, and I'm still figuring out what is going where. Here's a quick shot for size reference tho.

Thanks for the pics!

Making major progress on my Blade Runner display. This is a small room of props and blasters off to the side of my theater

3- Blade Runner Display wide.jpg

6- Blade runner collection props.jpg

8- BLADE RUNNER DISPLAY.jpg

Looks great Kev! Is ikea still selling the bestas and glass doors?

Looks great Kev! Is ikea still selling the bestas and glass doors?

Nah. These doors are Morliden for Billy. Same style different size. The tombo doors are officially dead. I had to buy my last 6 aftermarket, at a major cost. :pfft:

Nah. These doors are Morliden for Billy. Same style different size. The tombo doors are officially dead. I had to buy my last 6 aftermarket, at a major cost. :pfft:

Oh ok thanks. I might build a besta to save some space from the pax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if I commented already, but I'll comment anyway.

Seriously epic collection Kev. You truly have your passion focused and organized. Not something every collector can do. Bravo sir!

Not sure if I commented already, but I'll comment anyway.

Seriously epic collection Kev. You truly have your passion focused and organized. Not something every collector can do. Bravo sir!

Thanks man. Collections can get pretty cluttered if you don't stay focused, at least in my opinion. I appreciate the the feedback!

amazing. do you have tutorials. I want to paint my black series helmets too! yours are awesome!

One of my favorites collection here. I follow you on Insta and your Blaster pictures almost took me down a very expensive path, lol. I keep having to convince myself I don't need the new Tomenosuke Blaster that is coming out.

I bet you are excited to see, and eventually own, the new Blaster from Officer K.

beautiful collection one of the best I've seen

amazing. do you have tutorials. I want to paint my black series helmets too! yours are awesome!

Hey thanks!

No tutorials right now, but I've been strongly considering doing doing a series of cheap ebooks on painting and finishing. Time will tell.

One of my favorites collection here. I follow you on Insta and your Blaster pictures almost took me down a very expensive path, lol. I keep having to convince myself I don't need the new Tomenosuke Blaster that is coming out.

I bet you are excited to see, and eventually own, the new Blaster from Officer K.

hahaha, thanks. I know man, once you go down the blade runner prop rabbit-hole, you're in trouble. It's an esoteric, spendy route.

If someone produces a cool version of K's blaster I'll be down. I don't expect the design to be on the same level as the original, but hopefully its cool.

Vader's Severed Hand

This is an old post from over at the RPF, but I thought it was worth sharing here:

I'm proud to show this crazy thing off after a few days of work. I've always wanted a severed Darth Vader hand, but wasn't happy with any of the ones I'd seen. I initially planned to put a high end ROTJ saber in here, but ended up using a cheap (albeit less accurate) hilt that I could weather and damage.

The hand is hand made of wood and wire. All the fingers can be positioned individually. The hand is removable from the base, and the hilt is removable from the hand.

I'm considering doing a second one with more expensive parts. Either way, pretty happy with the results:

Last edited:

That thing is just awesome overload. Can't wait to see version 2.0 if you decide to build it!

Back