Kevin Costner Helps Fight Oil Spill... with Tech developed from "Waterworld"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Kevin Costner Helps Fight Oil Spill... with Tech developed from "Waterworld"

In your face, haters:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jx5XgUYDQ3k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jx5XgUYDQ3k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Re: Kevin Costner Helps Fight Oil Spill... with Tech developed from "Waterworld"

i saw this the other day. looks like it could work, if you ramped that thing up like 10,000 times its current capacity.

but anyway, wtf is with this oil crap. all washington wants to do is point fingers. nobody has a damn solution. we can send people to the moon and we can't even stop a leaking pipe...wtf. who knows how long this could spill. theoritically it can spill until the whole atlantic has a thin layer of oil on it.

this thing needs a mobilization as great as any war effort. they need to send 50 tug boats and hitch all the wreckage and tug that ____ clear. then that will make the whole thing alot easier for the robots to come in and fix it. i don't get why its taking so long to stop it. the government just needs to step in and do it no matter the cost. figure it out later.

Re: Kevin Costner Helps Fight Oil Spill... with Tech developed from "Waterworld"

i saw this the other day. looks like it could work, if you ramped that thing up like 10,000 times its current capacity.

but anyway, wtf is with this oil crap. all washington wants to do is point fingers. nobody has a damn solution. we can send people to the moon and we can't even stop a leaking pipe...wtf. who knows how long this could spill. theoritically it can spill until the whole atlantic has a thin layer of oil on it.

this thing needs a mobilization as great as any war effort. they need to send 50 tug boats and hitch all the wreckage and tug that ____ clear. then that will make the whole thing alot easier for the robots to come in and fix it. i don't get why its taking so long to stop it. the government just needs to step in and do it no matter the cost. figure it out later.

we can give billions of dollars to Greece but can't even fix our own ____ back home. f'n crazy.

Can't we just light the ____ on fire at this point? It would have polluted the atmosphere as fuel exhaust anyway! C'mon Waterworld??? Is there anything from Willy Wonka that we can use????? Sheesh!

sweet!! Kostner should have said: "If you build it......"

I don't know why people are so freaked out about it. The CEO of BP said that it's not that bad. Don't worry about it.

I do agree, though, that Waterworld can teach us much.

They've been setting controlled fire burns since the beginning. Not helping too much.

i live in a coastal town in the FL panhandle & apparently a bunch of people in my town are reporting that they are smelling the burning oil. i haven't myself but lots of people here are quite concerned..........not panicked yet but worried.

there will be years and years to lay blame. the thing that everyone should be focused on is just shutting the damn valve. i don't know why thats proving impossible.

Because the people in charge are retarded.

Can't we just light the ____ on fire at this point? It would have polluted the atmosphere as fuel exhaust anyway! C'mon Waterworld??? Is there anything from Willy Wonka that we can use????? Sheesh!

the ocean was once water, then it became oil...but then willy wonka turned the ocean into a giant chocolate river.

This thing should've never been built if they didn't know how to shut the damn thing off.

This thing should've never been built if they didn't know how to shut the damn thing off.

shame of that is ween is that almost everywhere in the world requires a remote shut off valve at ocean floor level............except in the united states..........:duh

shame of that is ween is that almost everywhere in the world requires a remote shut off valve at ocean floor level............except in the united states..........:duh

That's ridiculous! :mad:

I also heard that something to do with the flag that this thing was flying from another country, they could get passed for inspection within hours instead of two weeks when they first set it up. :gah:

I was reading about Kevin Costner's invention in my Sunday paper. I truely hope that this thing is a success!

Back