Kaustic Plastik: HEROIK MUSCLE BODY *** COMING BACK IN DECEMBER 2013!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kaustic Plastik: HEROIK MUSCLE BODY ***PRODUCTION PICTURES PAGE 26!!!!

Wow, great job on both of those Username. I think these "never-will-be-made-in-100-years" figures/costumes are the best things that people ever make.

Wow, great job on both of those Username. I think these "never-will-be-made-in-100-years" figures/costumes are the best things that people ever make.

Thanks.
There are only a small few of the HT figures that attract me as they are.
Most of my ideas are costumes/characters that have never/will never be made(When i can source a decent base costume for a Supergirl, i have a spare Babydoll head for that).
That's why i am always so intrigued by the "blank" figures like the one this thread is for(Sorry for straying off topic).
I can always pick up parted out heads and costumes. It's the bodies that are the hardest to find.
And the reason the Kaustic Plastik body fills such a nice gap in the market.

I'm thinking about using the smaller muscle body foe a Wolvie custom. How do you guys think it will look? He'll be wearing a white beater the arms and part of the torso will be exposed. I heard that one has a slightly shiny finish to it. I haven't seen it in person. What say you?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I'm thinking about using the smaller muscle body foe a Wolvie custom. How do you guys think it will look? He'll be wearing a white beater the arms and part of the torso will be exposed. I heard that one has a slightly shiny finish to it. I haven't seen it in person. What say you?

Smaller muscle body? Which one are you talking about?

Username, got a blacklight? I bet those customs would look sick under one...

I'm using one for a Skimunster custom Cobra. There's no shiny sheen, but the chest and back are on the smaller side, the elbows aren't as articulated as you'd think due to the unflexed bicep (the TTM19 has more elbow articulation here), and there's an olive tint to the body.

Finally got a KP body and swapped the arms on my Thor. Looks so much better. Thanks for the tips guys.

Username, got a blacklight? I bet those customs would look sick under one...

I picked up a 100 LED blacklight torch just to se, and you were right. Spidey looks Awesome with a capital A(I love the way the "shadow" behind the figure just looks clear).

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

I got my to bodies yesterday. They are great. The left knee seems to be a bit stiff on both though and the neck pin seems to be a bit short.
Today I will try and fit a HT head on it by heating it.

The built is great though:
DEA5F349-F673-4ABB-8359-3AF4D23ABA60-2283-000002F26379DD15.jpg

Thanks Kaustic, for the shipping advice btw!

I picked up a 100 LED blacklight torch just to se, and you were right. Spidey looks Awesome with a capital A(I love the way the "shadow" behind the figure just looks clear).

IMG_0818.jpg

Very cool indeed. :clap

I am having real issues getting a original HT head on the Kaustic body.
The peg seems to be too short. I heated the head too and pushed but no luck. Any tips before I get the dremel out?
99FE1701-6746-4896-9CFC-46E6EAFB9BFF-3479-0000037504E5FB29.jpg

The peg seems to be too short. I heated the head too and pushed but no luck. Any tips before I get the dremel out?

Does the neck peg come out?
If so, post the size of it. HT figures have different length pegs on some heads. I had a similar problem on a CR superman head. It popped on, but any time I moved it the head popped off again.
I had another head that had a longer peg and I used that.
If you have the length of the peg will know if it's the shorter peg you have there.

99FE1701-6746-4896-9CFC-46E6EAFB9BFF-3479-0000037504E5FB29.jpg

Swap the peg with an HT one. Just give it a tug and it'll pop right out (the headless Kaustic bod already comes with a longer peg). Or, if you picked up the body with the Kaustic head, boil 'n' dip the Kaustic head and pull out the plug and use the plug in an HT head.

Not only that but if you want to use a head that already has a neck you can do a little surgery and take the entire neck plug out from the very bottom and place the shorter HT neck plug in it's place to accomodate a head that has a neck already. I did this with my remake Leatherface I posted a couple of pages back.

Which will involve cutting off the rubber neck of the muscle body to make it look decent.

Back