Kaustic Plastik: HEROIK MUSCLE BODY *** COMING BACK IN DECEMBER 2013!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kaustic Plastik: HEROIK MUSCLE BODY ***PRODUCTION PICTURES PAGE 26!!!!

Are you planning to Dye the body? Seb did that on a Rouge Trooper and it turned out pretty sick.

^^ I can tell you another way... but nah...... :devil :lol

Ski :mwaha

Ski, what way would you recommend for making the body red?

TBH I'm not thrilled with the HT body... and the other day noticed a tear started under his f'n armpit :gah:

:yess: Hellboy looks real good on that KP body. Are you gonna put a black t-shirt on him, or paint the entire torso red? Either way it will be a lot better than the HB original rubber body. A figure that has moving arms and shoulders is always nice.....:lol

Are you planning to Dye the body? Seb did that on a Rouge Trooper and it turned out pretty sick.

probably paint it red, unless....

okay, what is the other way? :)

TBH I'm not thrilled with the HT body... and the other day noticed a tear started under his f'n armpit :gah:

that was the main reason I never bought hellboy in the first place. fear of crack and limited articulation.

And the funny thing about the body on Hellboy is aside from the scrolling it's not very accurate to his phsyique. So kind of a head scratcher to make a body like that and not even bother to make it accurate to how he looked on screen :huh

It was bigger, Hot Toys gave Hell boy billy soles body painted red and it was more like Arnolds ?

Please tell us Ski. :pray:

probably paint it red, unless....

okay, what is the other way? :)

I've had the same plan as the rest of you guys. I'm hoping to port over my Hellboy to the KP, but I've been mulling over how I should color it. I was considering painting it, though dyeing it had crossed my mind (I don't have much experience with dyeing figures or clothing).

work in progress of my kitbash hellboy using KP muscle body. So far the body is working great. Good bulk and very posable. Only issue was the neck connection. replaced the short KP neck pin with a common HT neck pin (longer) solved that easily.

hellboyWIP.jpg

That is looking great!

Chest/neck/back is like a heavier type "rubber" material (PVC?) and the rest, harder plastic.

It just occurs to me that any dye would work if the figure were rubber. I have a TTM19 that i put a white suit on to do a custom White Spiderman, and then just drew the suit markings on with a fabric sharpie.
The marks went right through the cloth and are permanently on the rubber skin.
So if this were the same, a red sharpie drawn directly on the skin might do the trick.
But try it somewhere it won't be seen first to make sure it's going to work...

It just occurs to me that any dye would work if the figure were rubber. I have a TTM19 that i put a white suit on to do a custom White Spiderman, and then just drew the suit markings on with a fabric sharpie.
So if this were the same, a red sharpie drawn directly on the skin might do the trick.

You'll get mismatching results given the chest and the rest of the body are different materials. :lol

KP's upper torso exterior is made of softer PVC, while the lower abdomen, arms and legs are made of harder PVC. The joint, hips, ankles and internal structure are made of harder plastic, said to be nylon (etc). Acrylic based paint with a clear coat will be fine on PVC and the rest of the plastic

TTM19's upper torso exterior is actually made of soft PVC... same as KP02

TTM19's upper torso exterior is actually made of soft PVC... same as KP02

Sorry. My mistake!
But i know the Sharpie marks are not going to move. Might be worth a try.
I am perhaps a little more devil-may-care about this than other people.
I'd just forge ahead and try it without a care, lol.
the TTM19 i used for Spidey is now unusable as anything else(Unless the body is fully covered), due to the sharpie marks.
Although it has to be said this Spidey is the reason i bought the figure so i never intended to make it anything else.

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

That looks cool.
Did you make the suit yourself?

Thanks.
It's just a 1/6 bodysuit available on Ebay. And i used a fabric Sharpie to make the markings.
I order the "female" version because it's a bit tighter and has less wrinkles(Even though it's a little harder to get on).
I used the same thing for my Superman Justice Lords custom(Albeit in Black for that one).

IMG_0427.jpg

Back