Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The quotes are stupid sometimes. They're more concerned with writing some stupid little click bait line to sound clever and smart, which often comes across as pretentions and lacking insight. There are a few dumb critics and maybe a lot of them have an agenda, since a bad review is more attractive than a good one. It's just like the news, they mostly report bad news, as opposed to the good ones.

Still, most critics get it right most of the time, and the system works pretty well.

Thats why there are more than 30.

You kinda start to see a pattern. Not critics copying each other but you start to see what problems most people had with the movie.

It is nothing but a quick guide. You can choose to ignore it.

Most people dont have time or patience to spend hours and hours reading and posting on movie sections of toy forums arguing endlesdly over a movie's quality or the movie's faults.
Most people dont become obsessed with arguing about movies to the point of insults or bans.

It is, A quick easy to follow guide. Thats it. People are not conditioned like snikt said or they are not sheep. People simply have a guide to spend their money on.

Same goes for yelp and restaurants.

And that's if you don't count all the youtube reviewers or people who have channels who like to give their opinion on certain films. Most of them, are just giving their honest opinion. I'm not talking about the ones who review films for living, just the ones who happen to have a some what successful channel and occasionally review a film, or certain mainstream films.

Either way, films like The Dark Tower with a 20% score are going to bomb because they're garbage and the score just reflects what we all know, and studios delaying the critic screenings won't change anything. :lol

People that hate on RT are the same people that spend 5 hours debating a movie here :lol
You guys dont understand that most people just do not have the time or patience for this kind of fanboyism....
People will rather spend 5 hours on facebook stalking their ex or gossiping on kanye and kim kardashian

People that hate on RT are the same people that spend 5 hours debating a movie here :lol
You guys dont understand that most people just do not have the time or patience for this kind of fanboyism....
People will rather spend 5 hours on facebook stalking their ex or gossiping on kanye and kim kardashian

Exactly all RT does is gather everyones reviews and makes a score/rating based on there reviews .

You kinda start to see a pattern. Not critics copying each other but you start to see what problems most people had with the movie.

It is nothing but a quick guide. You can choose to ignore it.

Most people dont have time or patience to spend hours and hours reading and posting on movie sections of toy forums arguing endlesdly over a movie's quality or the movie's faults.
Most people dont become obsessed with arguing about movies to the point of insults or bans.

It is, A quick easy to follow guide. Thats it. People are not conditioned like snikt said or they are not sheep. People simply have a guide to spend their money on.

Same goes for yelp and restaurants.

:lecture QFT The Werewolf Beast returns!

RT sucks. Except in all the cases where the scores match my own opinions.
Yes, well of course...

It is on rare occasion that I passed on a movie in the theater because of bad buzz only to watch it later on cable to find it to be amazing.

In fact, I can only think of "Edge of Tomorrow" right now.
Sci Fi, as a rule , gets bad reviews because most people do not like science or anything to far beyond their understanding. Most "space" films do not do well with critics even though they are vastly better than the average film.
If you see a Sci Fi film with a high RT score it's something really special, or not really Sci Fi.

Specially as a fan of horror. 70% of modern indie horror is absolutely garbage. Most horror always has low star ratings but it helps a lot to see what people thought about it.

Same as above, but worse since most horror these days are formulaic and badly made.

Even the high scoring ones......

I cannot think of the last horror film that I did not see the ending coming a mile off....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debating a film on which we've formed our OWN opinion is intellectually sound. Letting someone else decide a film's value for you is moronic and the equivalent of shutting off your brain and ability to exercise critical thinking.

To champion RT is to champion mediocrity in society and the corporate-driven murder of individual thought.

That's not the point that's being discussed though, we know full and well that people prefer being told what to think than bothering to do it by themselves, because of times restraints or laziness, that's all understandable.

The point is that the reviews themselves are retarded, and by extension, the scores, there are agendas to be pushed, hype to generate, bribes to cash-in. And I'm not saying only Disney does it, clearly WB started doing it too as seen by WW, one really needs to be naive to not see this when it comes to big blockbusters.

Specially as a fan of horror. 70% of modern indie horror is absolutely garbage. Most horror always has low star ratings but it helps a lot to see what people thought about it.

Really? I thought Indie horror was considered to be where it's at for good horror movies nowadays, with movies like It Follows, The Witch, The Void, etc etc, it's maximize profit studio jump-scare horror that's damaging the genre.

Last edited:
It follows and the witch were all movies that were not scary one bit. Don't see why people love those two movies so much. It follows was just dumb imo

I find no horror movie truly scary, they're more comfy and very interesting to me. I didn't particularly care for It Follows or The Babadock, but man, I love the VVitch, also, the Void was kinda cool but also not scary to me at all.

You'll have to ask darthkostis, he's more sensitive to horror.

When I was a kid though, even Critters scared me.

The soundtrack and concept of It Follows were alright, but the execution was poor. I think Housebound was enjoyable, and I also thought the Invitation was decent.

It Follows is a 10/10. What David Robert Mitchell did with that film stylistically and tonally is just gold. Such a bold and refreshing approach to a tired genre.

What makes the VVitch so good is it's not scary but has a complete sense of dread. The witch had control of that family and was not letting go.

I also love The Conjuring.

Yeah, the VVitch is just permanently eerie, I like that there's enough room so people can interpret it was only religious fear, but I prefer to think it was all literal.

#BlackPhillipLivesMatter

That's not the point that's being discussed though, we know full and well that people prefer being told what to think than bothering to do it by themselves, because of times restraints or laziness, that's all understandable.

Yeah, well, time and money are valuable, and today people have so many other options than going to see a bad movie, so I don't think it's laziness or just being told what to like, because even if people go see a film because of a good RT score, it doesn't mean they will like it or agree with the critics. If anything, most people who have seen WW, probably think the film is overrated, so their ability to form an opinion isn't affected at all by RT.

I'd argue that most...not all, films that have a high or fresh RT score, are films that you and most people like. I bet there are more films that you personally consider good that have a "fresh RT" score, than those that you like, but critics gave it a "rotten" score, so for every BVS, there are many more instances where you and the majority of the "dumb retarded" critics share the same opinion. There ere exceptions, but for the most part, the system itself works.

The point is that the reviews themselves are retarded, and by extension, the scores, there are agendas to be pushed, hype to generate, bribes to cash-in. And I'm not saying only Disney does it, clearly WB started doing it too as seen by WW, one really needs to be naive to not see this when it comes to big blockbusters.

The agendas can be annoying and certain people probably shouldn't be reviewing films to begin with, but it's nothing new. I think as RT becomes more of a useful guide or tool for people to go see films, and they understand how it works, the audience will understand the different agendas, the hype, and all those factors like the SJW influencing critics and the scores. However, it is because there are so many reviews, from so many different types of people from all walks of life, different taste and, yes agendas, that if a movie can some how overcome that and be accepted by the majority of those different "critics", and get fresh RT score, that the system works, because it usually means that a film with a fresh score is probably good or at least worth watching.

Most critics don't get anything from studios, other than early screenings. There are some cases where the studio might give critics early access to a film while in production, so they can use it for their articles or websites, but ultimately a movie has to deliver on some level of entertainment to get a fresh score. Pirates 5, a Disney movie which is meant to be the beginning of a new trilogy got horrible reviews, so the bribes argument is probably greatly exaggerated, because if there was a movie that needed good reviews, it was Pirates 5. As for WB, they own RT, but even they aren't immune to rotten scores.

If the Justice League gets good reviews, it'll probably be because of the lighter tone and the Whedon influence, which I guess people like, but that's not just the critics, that's people in general. :lol

Yeah, well, time and money are valuable, and today people have so many other options than going to see a bad movie, so I don't think it's laziness or just being told what to like, because even if people go see a film because of a good RT score, it doesn't mean they will like it or agree with the critics. If anything, most people who have seen WW, probably think the film is overrated, so their ability to form an opinion isn't affected at all by RT.
Remember that next time you see folks using RT as a form of validation. I'm not talking about memes, memes are fine, but people who unironically use it as accolades, you'll see plenty on FB.

I'd argue that most...not all, films that have a high or fresh RT score, are films that you and most people like. I bet there are more films that you personally consider good that have a "fresh RT" score, than those that you like, but critics gave it a "rotten" score, so for every BVS, there are many more instances where you and the majority of the "dumb retarded" critics share the same opinion. There ere exceptions, but for the most part, the system itself works.
The system works mostly for movies that have no political or trendy agendas riding on them. I'm not saying it doesn't work at all, you'll be likely to find accurate reviews for most smaller movies, I'm just saying, with productions that are obviously charged with this stuff, use discretion.

The agendas can be annoying and certain people probably shouldn't be reviewing films to begin with, but it's nothing new. I think as RT becomes more of a useful guide or tool for people to go see films, and they understand how it works, the audience will understand the different agendas, the hype, and all those factors like the SJW influencing critics and the scores. However, it is because there are so many reviews, from so many different types of people from all walks of life, different taste and, yes agendas, that if a movie can some how overcome that and be accepted by the majority of those different "critics", and get fresh RT score, that the system works, because it usually means that a film with a fresh score is probably good or at least worth watching.
Trust me, audience doesn't see agendas, just look at this place, and there isn't as much variety as you may think, not in reviewers for big movies that is, which is what I'm talking about, the critics that are "varied" aren't enough to make a difference.

Most critics don't get anything from studios, other than early screenings. There are some cases where the studio might give critics early access to a film while in production, so they can use it for their articles or websites, but ultimately a movie has to deliver on some level of entertainment to get a fresh score. Pirates 5, a Disney movie which is meant to be the beginning of a new trilogy got horrible reviews, so the bribes argument is probably greatly exaggerated, because if there was a movie that needed good reviews, it was Pirates 5. As for WB, they own RT, but even they aren't immune to rotten scores.

If the Justice League gets good reviews, it'll probably be because of the lighter tone and the Whedon influence, which I guess people like, but that's not just the critics, that's people in general. :lol
It's not just one factor, it's agendas, it's trends and it's paid reviews, all combined to ultimately steer perception, not to report on a movie's quality.

I never got what difference does the fact that WB has a hand on RT have to do with anything, like somehow the reviews themselves that RT is just compiling are proven impartial by that fact.

JL is already starting to have Whedon's signature ugly TV look, just like Avengers, currently I expect just another Avengers, and get good reviews, I don't expect it to be good.

Why would you not take it as literal? That's no fun at all.
I don't know, but I've seen some people go for it.

I find it very interesting but I rather go for literal

Back