Jurassic World (SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic Park 4

No. Sorry, but no. See a good director would not hire garbage actors, and therefore make the entire thing irrelevent.
By the way, Sam Jackson, Ewan McGreggor, and Christopher Lee all sucked in the prequels. Would you not call them great actors?

Bad directing = bad acting/bad actors.

Yes, Sorry, but yes.

Wouldn't that imply that every actor in hollywood is great?:dunno

And yes I would consider those all great actors. But typically when the average person thinks of the Sw prequels, "good acting" doesn't come to mind( Instead one of the worst actors of all time gets brought up, Hayden christensen :lol) Ewan Mcgreggor did a very good job in the Sw prequels, but the others you named didn't have large enough performances to truly judge if they were "great" or not.

Directors and actors are both equally important. But a director doesn't make a great actor.

That's only half true. There was also a group of mutant comandos that were bred by a super secret European do-gooder to become lasergun wielding super soldiers. I am not even making this **** up.

For anyone who never heard of that before:

original.jpg

https://io9.com/5950364/scrapped-concept-art-from-jurassic-park-4-shows-off-insane-dinosaur-commandos

Ok this could work but not as a JP movie. Not at all but this looks cool. Just make it its own movie.

Yes, Sorry, but yes.

Wouldn't that imply that every actor in hollywood is great?:dunno

And yes I would consider those all great actors. But typically when the average person thinks of the Sw prequels, "good acting" doesn't come to mind( Instead one of the worst actors of all time gets brought up, Hayden christensen :lol) Ewan Mcgreggor did a very good job in the Sw prequels, but the others you named didn't have large enough performances to truly judge if they were "great" or not.

Directors and actors are both equally important. But a director doesn't make a great actor.

Would you call Johnny Depp a good actor? Just curious.

Would you call Johnny Depp a good actor? Just curious.

Definitely. That's a great example of an actor who has outshined an otherwise bad movie(s) He gave great performances in all of the pirates movies, even though the last three weren't all that great.

Sam Neill or no deal.

They should bring all of them back, Dr. Ellie Sattler, Dr. Alan Grant, Dr. Ian Malcolm

I would even accept an adult Lex Murphy or Tim Murphy as being the ones who call everyone back or something. That would be amazing to see all of them back again,

I mean lizard nerd brain would explode if they did that. I know it won't happen but They should at least bring the other 3 back.

Bring back the BIG REX! He's the king of dinosaurs so I say upgrade him a bit and make him more terrifying than the previous versions. Also make him smart. The raptors arent regular so make the Rex alittle exagerated aswell.

totally

tumblr_m4an3oYF3u1rnja37o1_500.jpg

Definitely. That's a great example of an actor who has outshined an otherwise bad movie(s) He gave great performances in all of the pirates movies, even though the last three weren't all that great.

The Tourist. Watch that movie, and tell me you thought Johnny Depp put any work into that.

And the problem with that logic you just stated is...Gore Verbinski is a good director. The scripts were terrible. Not his fault. he didn't write it.

Hell, i'd even slightly suggest, if your script sucks, your movie will no doubt be terrible too. Unless you can just BS the entire thing to make it better.

Good actors?

You mean like Hayden Christensen?:rotfl
No I think he means SLJ, Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, etc. :lol

I'm also for the super mutant dinosaur monsters. Or, Dino Riders.

KczMs.jpg

That + Jeff Goldblum = Great Success
The Dino Riders dinosaurs are just normal dinosaurs with mechanical weapons/armor added on.

I still have that VHS. The TYCO toy commercials on it are awesome.

Man, this just reminded me of a similar cartoon I loved as a kid: Dragon Flyz

That cartoon had a great story. Wish modern day cartoons had that much thought put into them.

That was sweet.

Let's have robot cats that join together to form a dinosaur with a laser on it's head. The lasers are controlled by beautiful cave women.

The Tourist. Watch that movie, and tell me you thought Johnny Depp put any work into that.

And the problem with that logic you just stated is...Gore Verbinski is a good director. The scripts were terrible. Not his fault. he didn't write it.

Hell, i'd even slightly suggest, if your script sucks, your movie will no doubt be terrible too. Unless you can just BS the entire thing to make it better.

Every actor/director is going to have a bad film, **** happens.

And the problem with your logic is, Gore Verbinski (while he has made a few good movies) is not a good director. You can't blame all of his directing failures on a poor script lol. 3/10 of his films were enjoyed by critics, I wouldn't call that a good résumé.

Actors and Directors are equally important. But a Director doesn't make the actor. And vice versa.

You know the director is the one who choses who the actors, right?

If another director did Drive, lets say, Brett Ratner, with the same script, it would be a TOTALLY different film. We would've gotten a different Driver, probably would've lost that 80's tone entirely, the soundtrack would become generic, the beats of action would become elongated and unnecessary, the film would be incredibly shorter, and the over all movie would be very forgettable. Unlike what it is.

Good actors are important. But a good actor can't save film that fails in the pre production process.

You know the director is the one who choses who the actors, right?

If another director did Drive, lets say, Brett Ratner, with the same script, it would be a TOTALLY different film. We would've gotten a different Driver, probably would've lost that 80's tone entirely, the soundtrack would become generic, the beats of action would become elongated and unnecessary, the film would be incredibly shorter, and the over all movie would be very forgettable. Unlike what it is.

Good actors are important. But a good actor can't save film that fails in the pre production process.

You know the actors are the ones you actually watch on screen, right?

Sure a good actor can't save a already destined to fail movie, but there are plenty of examples of great acting performances in "okay" movies.

But who's controlling them?

I'm not saying Actors aren't important...but just grabbing a handful of good actors isn't going to make the movie work. You don't let an actor go. You have to tell him/her what to do.

Hence why I said, they need a good director, which is all that matters at this stage. Without someone guiding the ship, it'll be another Jurassic Park 3. Which is just eh. Even Jurassic Park 2 is inferior to the first. And that HAD a good director, AND good actors. But something went horribly wrong somewhere.

But who's controlling them?

I'm not saying Actors aren't important...but just grabbing a handful of good actors isn't going to make the movie work. You don't let an actor go. You have to tell him/her what to do.

Hence why I said, they need a good director, which is all that matters at this stage. Without someone guiding the ship, it'll be another Jurassic Park 3. Which is just eh. Even Jurassic Park 2 is inferior to the first. And that HAD a good director, AND good actors. But something went horribly wrong somewhere.

I agree. They're both equally important. You need both for any movie to be good.

Yes. But I think the step that matters now, is finding a competent filmmaker, who can cast these actors.

I don't see why Spielberg doesn't direct. :dunno

Back