Joaquin Phoenix is retiring.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell was that? What is he on? Is this how he acts all the time off screen? What an absolute freakin tosser. For someone that had a very strictish and interesting upbringing, you'd think he'd be a down to earth type off guy when the camera's stopped rolling, but he just appears like every other narcissistic lovemyself POS actors out there, and is clearly out of his brains on something. WTF is all i can say, if thats not a joke. When the interviewer can barely understand what you're sying because you're slurring like a twit, why the hell else WOULDNT he laugh, thinking it was a joke? Grow up Joaquin, you A hole, the world doesnt revolve around you. I enjoy his acting, i really do, he seems a bit overrated but he can deliver, but if that was real, WTF is all i can say, what a tosser

Clearly his upbringing helped his brother.

Personally, I think it's sour grapes. From his previous interviews and stuff I've seen, he seemed seriously upset that he didn't get the Oscar(s) and had every expectation that he would. Unfortunately that year was full of great male performances (whereas Reese Witherspoon walked away with Best Actress in a pretty dismal year for women). I think he might just be feeling unloved and not getting the buzz he thinks he deserves. And he does have the "River was a GREAT actor" monkey on his back unfortunately.

Good actor, with lots of promise (although no where near the natural ability of River). I have no doubt he'll come out of retirement within next 5 years. In meantime, don't think the movie industry will be devastated by it....too many in the wings waiting to take over any roles he might have been up for.

After I saw the video earlier this week I knew it had to be a publicity stunt... I can't think of anyone doing anything like this since Andy Kaufmann faked his death and joined Nirvana. :monkey1

Back