Joaquin Phoenix is retiring.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope he doesn't....I always liked him....he always brought such an edge to his characters. I never saw him much as a leading role type of guy.....he seems more the type of a character actor who brings credibility to a movie. Hopefully if a good script comes his way, he'll go for it.

I hope he doesn't....I always liked him....he always brought such an edge to his characters. I never saw him much as a leading role type of guy.....he seems more the type of a character actor who brings credibility to a movie. Hopefully if a good script comes his way, he'll go for it.

I felt he legitimized Space Camp.:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5
18614__space_l.jpg

I am going to curl up on the couch with my box of tissues and watch Brother Bear while I grieve over this news.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

seriously though -

I loved him in Walk the Line and Gladiator

Effin stuck up Hollywood types. He seemed sort of like a "too good for everyone else" prick in that interview. "Start my music career"? HAH!!!

Edit: great actor BTW, just the attitude seemed a little full of himself. If you're going to retire, just do it quietly. Don't pull a Favre'.

It's a joke, obviously. No wonder he was wearing sunglasses, Dude was baked. Poor Casey Affleck standing right next to him had to just go along with it.

It's a joke, obviously. No wonder he was wearing sunglasses, Dude was baked. Poor Casey Affleck standing right next to him had to just go along with it.

Could be, But his speech seemed a little slurred for weed. The more i think about it the more it's a joke.

Joaquin is known for having a great sense of humor. This is clearly a joke. He does appear to be under the influence of something, though.

What the hell was that? What is he on? Is this how he acts all the time off screen? What an absolute freakin tosser. For someone that had a very strictish and interesting upbringing, you'd think he'd be a down to earth type off guy when the camera's stopped rolling, but he just appears like every other narcissistic lovemyself POS actors out there, and is clearly out of his brains on something. WTF is all i can say, if thats not a joke. When the interviewer can barely understand what you're sying because you're slurring like a twit, why the hell else WOULDNT he laugh, thinking it was a joke? Grow up Joaquin, you A hole, the world doesnt revolve around you. I enjoy his acting, i really do, he seems a bit overrated but he can deliver, but if that was real, WTF is all i can say, what a tosser

He's had a good run but it's not like i won't get any sleep at night.

I'm a big Phoenix fan and he's obviously been drinking. He's been in rehab for booze before. He's not talking clearly at all. He is a strange guy anyway. He does direct music videos so maybe he's going to do that now. He is a great actor, but he's not one that will be missed if he quits.

Back