Gal Gadot returning for Wonder Woman 3, further muddying what the word “reboot” means

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh I'm expecting to see a clarification from Gunn any minute now, stating that there were talks but no serious plans made. Which is Hollywood-speak for "it ain't gonna happen."

I love her.....

Can-We-Get-Toast-1686815110264668180.gif

Somewhat paraphrasing, didn't they say it was for the best when they decided to proceed with the "hard reset" and not stay with Cavill as Superman because Snyderverse had too much baggage attached to it? Yet, Gadot stays as Wonder Woman? Smells like BS now.

Soft reboot or not, Gunn doesn't look good in my books now. I was willing to support the decision and give the new direction a chance but this just muddles the water further.

It's strange because she's 38 now, and Gunn looks like he wants younger actors to build a new DCU.

Whilst I quite liked gadot in the role, I was also looking forward to seeing someone who actually looks like a warrior play her. Why is she always so skinny in live action?

It's a bit murky, but the way it's been explained means that although the same actors are involved with Waller and PM, it's still a different universe so the DCU is not canonically connected to the DCEU.

"They said Viola Davis (Amanda Waller) and John Cena (Peacemaker) would reprise their The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker roles in the DCU, and a "rough memory" of the events of those projects would remain."

Idk how I personally feel about any of it, but the entire thing already starts feeling very non-committal. I can’t fathom how much WB might be meddling with every casting decision already, but I think a lot of people feared that Gunn would prioritise bringing along old castings from his previous projects.
Why is she always so skinny in live action?
You know why, lol. Keeping GG on board minimises as much recast drama as possible. She has a clean record, experience in these types of roles, and is obviously gorgeous. @Frenchy makes a good point regarding her age though, even if she doesn’t look it

I feel like they won't really use her in shared films, she'll just be like this mythical person who turns up now and again and then buggers off. Otherwise it will be too weird having her with new bats and supes

Whilst I quite liked gadot in the role, I was also looking forward to seeing someone who actually looks like a warrior play her. Why is she always so skinny in live action?
It's easier to hoist someone to do wirework if they're thin?

Dunno. Don't think she is the greatest actress. Just hope those folks who paid for expensive lifelike silicon busts of her - Queen or Infinity I think - will keep happy with those purchases if the actress is changed. It's not like Loki or Batman where Hiddleston's Loki would IMO always look like, Loki, or Batman is pretty much Batman.

Back