Jedi Luke first 12in!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Creecher. After I finally have given in, my food taste different, the birds are not chirping but singing with each other, everyday life looks more promising. :p

Last edited:
thamesvalidude said:
Yes, excellent! I will be slapping in an order, but could we first have something that nears completion of the Buffy line, with a 12" Giles, please!

Take it as you will....
Brant said that Giles is on the top of their list.
Now....which list.....?

Buttmunch said:
Don't get us all started on the use of real animal hair again :rolleyes: I would prefer a fake fur Chewie though (if do correctly). It would be a easy Bigfoot custom.

i didn't mean "real" fur as in "go kill a bear so i can have a furry chewbacca toy":D ...i meant real as in "not sculpted".:peace

i'm no animal rights activist, but i think i'd actually prefer synthethic hair to real hair.

Hjalmar said:
My guess for exclusive accessory: Both a Jabba's court shirt (standard) and the final duel shirt (limited edition).

it's the same shirt. he is just not wearing the vest in the final duel.

Brant said that Giles is on the top of their list.

I missed that one ironman. Thanks. :D
Does this mean that I will finally be silenced?:rolleyes:
Will my boring mantra of "where's Giles?" be answered?:google
Will I be happy at last?:joy

Nah, but I may have a few moments of passing pleasure, then I'll just whine about Cordelia, The Judge, etc. etc.:eek:

Collecting is not about completion, it's about habit!!!!:banana

Buttmunch said:
Anyone heard when Luke will go up for Pre-order?
I'd like to know when too. I've got a lot of stuff I have to do on Friday and I've got a feeling this will sell out fast.

Thats what I'm afraid of. :eek: I hope it won't be another exclusive Han fiasco. As long as it is after 2PM Pacfic time, I'm fine. I'll be at school before that. The pre-order should be around 6PM Pacific to be more fair to those having to work (unless the edition size is huge).

I just have no idea if this will sell out in an hour, day, week, etc. I know its going to be a hit though.

I'm really looking forward to this figure being released and that's more than I can say about almost any 12" SW figure since I had the misfortune of seeing my first Hasbro figure. This is just an incredible license for SSC and a great choice for the first figure announced. I bet they will eventually get around to that Vader guy too. And I bet it will be 13" to 14" tall.
And speaking of betting on an eventual SSC Vader, my Medicom version is currently on eBay. It's a beautiful figure but it would look kind of whacky on display with the upcoming SSC figures.
I also cancelled my Stormtrooper. The SSC version may not be available for a while. But I'm pretty sure I'd rather have three or four Sideshow versions instead of one Medicom for the price. This is going to be fun.

captain sack said:
it's the same shirt. he is just not wearing the vest in the final duel.

I was wondering if someone would tell me that.

I also wonder if, although they may be the same shirt in real life, on a 12 inch figure they may have to be sewn together differently in order to make them both look good. What I mean is would the undershirt have to suffer in order for Sideshow to get the vest right or vice versa.

Hjalmar said:
I was wondering if someone would tell me that.

I also wonder if, although they may be the same shirt in real life, on a 12 inch figure they may have to be sewn together differently in order to make them both look good. What I mean is would the undershirt have to suffer in order for Sideshow to get the vest right or vice versa.

i don't see why it would. medicom made a nice version and it looks great with or without the vest.

if medicom can do it, sideshow easily can.

I'm sure the exclusive will have that collector friendly edition size of TBD, so I wouldn't worry about it selling out in a day.

And if it does....

Darklord Dave said:
I'm sure the exclusive will have that collector friendly edition size of TBD, so I wouldn't worry about it selling out in a day.

And if it does....

and if it does.......:banghead

:D

i'm guessing the exclusive accessories will be the endor poncho and helmet. wouldn't it be cool if sideshow made the helmet cloth, like dragon, bbi and DiD could do.

I sure hope its going to be TBD. The whole purpose of the exclusive accessories (in my opinion) was to get more people to order directly through sideshow at their recommended prices. This would make sideshow more money by eliminating the middle man. It wouldn't be very smart to limit Luke to a lot less than the demand. If 1000 people want him, make no less than 900. Sure in a perfect world there would be one (or two) for every collector that wanted one.

Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD Please be TBD :bow

I'm very optimistic that the 1/6 scale line will rock. However people are saying that the itsy-bitsy photo of Luke looks awesome. I think are exaggerating just a bit here. These not much to be seen in that photo. On Friday we'll all be able to finally view this great collectible figure.:joy

Hey guys, noob question, I've heard that the only place to get Sideshow figures will be through the Sideshow site from now on, or stores that order direct from Sideshow's site at their retail prices. Is that true? If it is I might as well preorder the exclusive, if not I might wait for the regular release(the exclusive features discussed sound cool, but not something I necessarily care about - I'd never have Luke in the Endor poncho and helmet, or holding the bone).

They've said that the Star Wars line will be available through traditional Sideshow dealers. So check the dealers section - they'll all surely be carrying the non-exclusive versions.

thamesvalidude said:
I missed that one ironman. Thanks. :D
Does this mean that I will finally be silenced?:rolleyes:
Will my boring mantra of "where's Giles?" be answered?:google
Will I be happy at last?:joy

Nah, but I may have a few moments of passing pleasure, then I'll just whine about Cordelia, The Judge, etc. etc.:eek:

Collecting is not about completion, it's about habit!!!!:banana

You have a habit bad Thames, and sooo clean too.

Darklord Dave said:
They've said that the Star Wars line will be available through traditional Sideshow dealers. So check the dealers section - they'll all surely be carrying the non-exclusive versions.

Thanks Dave! Also thanks for pointing out the dealer's page, I've been googling a lot lately as I try and come up to speed with this scale.

Back