Jedi Luke first 12in!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hardcase01 said:
Dexter Jettster Now that'd be a cool action figure in 1/6th! best damn character in the movies.

what would you pay for a figure like that? $150? $200?:confused:

sideshow has a nice interview over at rebelscum. they said that a 1/6th general grevious would probably cost $150 because he would have to be a complete head to toe sculpt. dexter would be the same way. they said they won't be making a grevious. so i'd assume dexter would be the same way.

i'm a huge star wars fan, but dexter the last figure i'd want. give me jedi, sith, clonetroopers and 50 versions of padme.:naughty

as for grevious, i hope sideshow will reconsider making figures like him. if hot toys and medicom can sell figures for over $100, i think there are some buyers for a 1/6th general grevious.

Clones, Dex, Vader, Fett.

No love for Kabe?

kabe.jpg

captain sack said:
what would you pay for a figure like that? $150? $200?:confused:

as for grevious, i hope sideshow will reconsider making figures like him. if hot toys and medicom can sell figures for over $100, i think there are some buyers for a 1/6th general grevious.

What would be the point of an expensive 1/6 figure when you could buy the 1/4 version (that would look infinitely better) for not much more money?

elwood49 said:
What would be the point of an expensive 1/6 figure when you could buy the 1/4 version (that would look infinitely better) for not much more money?

maybe that is the question sideshow asked themselves.

i'd say it would be better because 1/6th is the scale i collect, and i like my figures with articulation......and it would take up less space.

as for it not being much more money, there is a big difference between $150 and the $450 price tag on the 1/4th grevious.

He would be about the same price if he was a statue and they can sell those very well. Would I buy a $150 Greivous? Yes. Would I need a loan to get him? Probably. Many people seem to be willing to buy over double that price for the clothed statues known as 1/4 figures :rolleyes:

I sure hope they take their time with Grevious if they ever do decide to make him.

elwood49 said:
Because it would be in 1/6 scale silly. :cool:
I wouldn't want a Dexter Jettster, I'm sure that was intended as a joke. But if it was General Grievous in fully articulated 1/6 scale or a perfect furry version of Chewbacca in 1/6, I'd pay up to $200 in an instant. Not many other characters would qualify for the $150-$200 price range.
:lsvader

Oh, and I'd be down for both Kabe and Sebe!

screamingmetal said:
Oh, and I'd be down for both Kabe and Sebe!

Padmé,Sabé,and all those other Star Wars ''bébé....''

Kabe better come with Muftak as an accessory, as a nod to the Kenner line!:D

In all seriousness, I just read about someone willing to pay a premium for Chewie, and I think I had some sort of seizure:google . The thought of Sideshow sculptors putting their talents behind this line is going to be amazing. I was all geeked up for stormtroopers, Vader, jedi, but good sweet lord, Kenner never made a good chewie in any scale. This is going to be amazing, and will be something that lives up to the nostalgia and fondness I think we all share for these stories. I hope if they can't do 1/6 fur, which is pretty likely, Andy Bergholtz can sculpt chewie!:D Even R2-D2 and C-3PO are going to be ridiculous, even as "premium" figures! I hope Sideshow does create these very necessary figures, even though they don't fit the mold for Sideshow 1/6 bodies.

Unless they make an R2 with a fully articulated Kenny Baker inside!

i don't want a sculpted chewy. fur can be done. bbi did a cool figure with a fur body in it's 12 inch andromeda line.

if i want a sculpted chewy, i'll stick with the hasbro version, or get the koto statue or the gentle giant statue.

real FUR chewy only!!!:peace

Don't get us all started on the use of real animal hair again :rolleyes: I would prefer a fake fur Chewie though (if do correctly). It would be a easy Bigfoot custom.

Brock hinted that a sculpted Chewie is a possibility in that rebelscum article. But it will be a real let down if they can't do a hairy Chewie in both 12" and PF.

I wouldn't call Luke a let down, but I'm certainly not excited.

I was hoping for a first figure that really had the potential to demonstrate that Sideshow was raising the bar. To me, Jedi Luke is just a guy in robes with a glowing stick. Yeah, I'm confident that we'll get an amazing likeness, but I would have preferred something like a clone or stormtrooper or even Vader. Either that or a character that hasn't had much attention or hasn't been done right in the 12 inch scale. Chewie would admittedly be asking for TOO much right this second, but maybe something like a 12 inch squidhead just to show right off the bat that Sideshow will take on territory that was too collector based for Hasbro.

In other words, Luke seems like a real safe & easy first figure.

Still, there will be plenty more. They can knock my socks off with their Toy Fair display ;)

My guess for exclusive accessory: Both a Jabba's court shirt (standard) and the final duel shirt (limited edition).

Could be wrong, but that's my guess.

What would my secret wish be? Maybe a force lightning zapped head.

Everybody knows...

....Dexter Jettster is by far and away the best character in any of the movies. Come on SST let's see this 4 armed ginsu maniac made famous shall we!?

Vote Dexter Jettster. The only smart choice left.

OMG! this couldnt hav happened at a worse time!!! Im currently paying off a replica! OMG i cant miss out on this!!!!!!:confused: :horror :banghead
:google

AHHHHH!!!!!

Great fig btw! I love it! Great first start, but gee sideshow couldnt you have WAITED!!!:wacky :google

Sabé: definitely in my top five most wanted from this line (Black and Battle versions).

Looks like hopes of a 1/6th Grievous have been all but crushed. I can understand, and almost expected it, but having it confimred is still a bit disappointing. Hopefully things will change a few years down the road. It hasn't been all bad news, though. I like the division into various character classes, and the news that the OT half of the first year will be based on ROTJ is fantastic. All too often Episode VI gets the short end of the OT stick, so its nice to see SSC give it some recognition.

So, it may be a slow start to the line for me, but I'm glad to see so many excited about the upcoming Jedi Luke. I can't wait to see what's next.

Back