James Cameron's AVATAR discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVATAR

DSCN0273.jpg

DSCN0274.jpg

Thats probably gonna be my first maquette.That thing looks awesome.

Me too lol, I normally don't buy these types of things but this one looks amazing and I'll probably like the movie enough to want a collectible or two from it. :D

Edit: Looks like it's 1/6th scale to me btw, am I right? That would be awesome as that means we could pose the inevitable 1/6th scale figures with it! ;)

That thing JUST might cost a pretty penny... or about 10,000 of them. Very cool looking but just far too out of my price range (most likely.)

Re: OFFICIAL James Cameron's AVATAR MOVIE DISCUSSION THREAD

I still waiting for a trailer before I can make up my mind bout the movie

Me too lol, I normally don't buy these types of things but this one looks amazing and I'll probably like the movie enough to want a collectible or two from it. :D

Edit: Looks like it's 1/6th scale to me btw, am I right? That would be awesome as that means we could pose the inevitable 1/6th scale figures with it! ;)

If its 1/6 its gonna be big.The Snow White witch PF is about 24"?

If its 1/6 its gonna be big.The Snow White witch PF is about 24"?

Hard to tell based on the pics, but I'd guess a little smaller than 1/6th... more like 1/7th or 1/8th. If it's 1/6th I'd seriously consider getting this, depending on price of course.

No way, I saw this thing and the soldier standing next to it is no more than 6" tall. I' say the mech was around 20-21" or so

who cares?

It only counts that we can hopefully buy that thing, even if the movie's bad! :)

Re: OFFICIAL James Cameron's AVATAR MOVIE DISCUSSION THREAD

If the CGI is as advanced as they're claiming, then yes, I think Avatar can be groundbreaking on a level comparable to Star Wars on a technical objective level.

But I don't think it will FEEL as ground-breaking to us as audiences for this reason:

No one expected anything special from Star Wars. No one had really ever seen anything like Star Wars.

In modern times, not only do we believe anything is possible...we EXPECT those barriers to be broken. Each time it happens, we expect it to happen better and faster the next time.

The Internet also pummels us with constant updates, articles, blogs, etc. about films like Avatar. We go into it knowing far more than we should and definitely far more than 1977 audiences did, and the result is that we've become numb to the experience to an extent.

Suppose the CGI lives up to this groundbreaking hype. How likely are you to realize that while you're in the theater and think "Wow!!! I never expected to see anything so fantastic!! This could be a once in a lifetime event!!"?

I think it's more likely that many of us (to varying degrees) will sit there and think "Yeah, it looks the way I expected it to."

OK...philosophical soap box over.

Very good point. I agree.

Back