James Cameron's AVATAR discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVATAR

24 minutes of avatar was shown at CineExpo in Amsterdam to an amazed crowd of about 2000. more pics also released:

sideshow.. hottoys... you paying attention yet?

I think Weta are doing the Effects,so i'd guess Weta will be doing the Collectibles aswell

OFFICIAL James Cameron's AVATAR MOVIE DISCUSSION THREAD

Here you can post your thoughts and misc about the eagerly anticipated movie by James Cameron- AVATAR! This movie is hyped to be as ground breaking as Star Wars.

It will contain photorealistic CG characters and lush landscapes in fully rendered 3d, not the disney pixar 3d that hurts your eyes.

This movie is supposed to bring us, the film, and video game industry into the 3D realm!

Re: OFFICIAL James Cameron's AVATAR MOVIE DISCUSSION THREAD

I'm really looking forward to this film! I saw some photographs of some toys displayed on SDCC and they looked awesome so far. I can't wait to see this movie!!! :rock

Here's a link to the pictures. Could be spoilers, because of character/creature design...

https://www.empireonline.com/features/comiccon2009/Post.asp?id=588

Time will show if Avatar is really ground breaking like Star Wars was. I am a little sceptic.

But I like the Design of this Mech:

35148.jpg

Time will show if Avatar is really ground breaking like Star Wars was. I am a little sceptic.

If the CGI is as advanced as they're claiming, then yes, I think Avatar can be groundbreaking on a level comparable to Star Wars on a technical objective level.

But I don't think it will FEEL as ground-breaking to us as audiences for this reason:

No one expected anything special from Star Wars. No one had really ever seen anything like Star Wars.

In modern times, not only do we believe anything is possible...we EXPECT those barriers to be broken. Each time it happens, we expect it to happen better and faster the next time.

The Internet also pummels us with constant updates, articles, blogs, etc. about films like Avatar. We go into it knowing far more than we should and definitely far more than 1977 audiences did, and the result is that we've become numb to the experience to an extent.

Suppose the CGI lives up to this groundbreaking hype. How likely are you to realize that while you're in the theater and think "Wow!!! I never expected to see anything so fantastic!! This could be a once in a lifetime event!!"?

I think it's more likely that many of us (to varying degrees) will sit there and think "Yeah, it looks the way I expected it to."

OK...philosophical soap box over.

you guys are kidding me, right? avatar is the main event of this year's sdcc and no one is talking about it here??? what kind of geeks are you? time to resurrect this thread.

25 minutes footage was shown. 15 minutes to be shown on imax everywhere august 21st. some toys & statues from sdcc:

TueWeta1.jpg

TueWeta2.jpg

TuePowerSuit2.jpg

PreviewAvatar1.jpg

PreviewAvatar2.jpg

PreviewAvatar3.jpg

PreviewAvatar4.jpg

and here's the line to the avatar panel. cameron himself was there just minutes ago.

7qq.jpg

you guys are kidding me, right? avatar is the main event of this year's sdcc and no one is talking about it here??? what kind of geeks are you? time to resurrect this thread.

i guess it's because til now, we've heard and seen so little about the film.
cameron made a really smart move by "premiering" the juicy stuff at comic con---mecca of the geeks.

i expect the buzz&hypebomb to explode shortly.

btw, the AMP mecha suit looks awesome! imagine if hot toys got their hands on this license. and the new tron legacy looks pretty promising too, especially the new lightcycle designs. :joy

Im so pissed cause I waited in line for 3 hours and I didn't get to see the trailer :mad:

Well first when I got there I went to see Stan Lee and he was awesome. Very enthusiastic about his new Digital comic 'Time Jumper' (which is on i-tunes now)

DSCN0128.jpg

I took a few pics then left to get in line for 'Hall H' The 'H' stands for HELL

DSCN0136.jpg

2 and a half hours later we start to approach the fabled entrance to 'Hall H'

DSCN0140.jpg

Inside theres a District 9 poster

DSCN0143.jpg

And right when i get to the front of the line, they shut the damn doors! And start playing the 20minute trailer! Which we can all hear !
DSCN0144.jpg

Then for no reason, 'Mini me' shows up, why not. Everyone was yelling and taunting him but he just ignored them and got in an elevator with his crew.
DSCN0145.jpg

Then we finally get inside after the trailer is over.
Sigourney was talking about her character. She plays a scientist or something

DSCN0158.jpg

Sam Worthington was not there but had a pre recorded message and said Avatar is like nothing you have ever seen or experienced before. ( No kidding)
DSCN0153.jpg

Then James Cameron said some stuff about how he's a genius and the ideas were ahead of technology so he had to wait til now.
DSCN0171.jpg

Finally the big announcement was that on August 21 people will get a chance to watch an extended trailer of Avatar in theaters around the globe for free

That was it.

Then James Cameron said some stuff about how he's a genius and the ideas were ahead of technology so he had to wait til now.

:lol:lol:lol

James Cameron is so awesome.

This movie looks like its gonna be ALOT to take in , quite scary. I've not seen anything of this scale movie wise in a long time thats interested me.
Cool to have something to look forward to this much again.
With James Cameron behind the project I have high hopes , ecspecially with what all other people have been saying about this movie !.

Oh, God, I hope this movie doesn't kick as much ass as Cameron thinks it will so that Hot Toys makes figures of those robot things and I have to buy them.

Damn you, Cameron, stop creating the coolest ^^^^ for me to swoon over. I hope your movie sucks (no I don't).

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Back