James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm probably going to being pulling the trigger on this SOON. :gun On flex-pay of course. :D

New to the hobby and I've been debating on what to get... might as well start off on the right foot.

I still want something tangible right now though mmmmm ...... ill probably get something off ebay lol :rotfl

I won't be ordering this one. EXCELLENT sculpt, but I thought the Colonel was an ass and would rather see one of him with a couple arrows in his chest.

Definitely a great bad guy in the film and you know they did well when you hate the bad guy, but I wouldn't buy that at that price.

Bring on the Neytiri and Jake Sully statues!

I watched the new video posted on sideshow of the piece. It is much larger than the pics lead you to believe. Compare it to the guy sitting next to it. Its tall and wide. It also looks severely detailed and looks to contain many metal parts.

Ya know I watched District 9 the other day again and personally I feel that there amored suit was so much more impressive than the amp suites in Avatar. I really liked the movie, but now Im second guessing the design on those battle suits. I wont lie the Sideshow piece is nice, just not my idea of great battle suit design.

I watched the new video posted on sideshow of the piece. It is much larger than the pics lead you to believe. Compare it to the guy sitting next to it. Its tall and wide. It also looks severely detailed and looks to contain many metal parts.

Well it's smaller than the predator maquette as well as the 1/4 general grevious.

Ya know I watched District 9 the other day again and personally I feel that there amored suit was so much more impressive than the amp suites in Avatar. I really liked the movie, but now Im second guessing the design on those battle suits. I wont lie the Sideshow piece is nice, just not my idea of great battle suit design.

absolutely 10x better! The sculpt looks nice on the AMP though. But the figure looks atrociously soft and minorly detailed, what happened there? Bleh. Just seems like he was an afterthought compared to the detail on the AMP.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/thsc60UTUIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/thsc60UTUIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Me driving an AMP in the Pandorian jungle

quaritch_in_amp_suit_avatar-widecop.jpg

It's not a bad design but compared to the mecha design in district 9 it's quite blah. I just canceled my pre order as I don't think I'm that much in love with it compared to the Powerloader which I now have. I like the added crazy lady behind the joystick. Pity they couldn't find Ripley ,but I got it for the PL not ripley so it's all good in the end.

Yep, I think the "district 9" mecha looks MUCH cooler and technologicaly advanced (ok, it IS technologicaly advanced) ;-)

Is there any chance we will see a District 9 mecha?? That would be cool!

3 full weeks have passed and the AMP SUIT is still available.

I said it would sell out 2 weeks after the film's release.

I was wrong.

3 full weeks have passed and the AMP SUIT is still available.

I said it would sell out 2 weeks after the film's release.

Yup I thought it might too. I thought at least they might pull it and offer it again on 'Second Chance'. :naughty

Interesting that the more expensive PredAlien bust has already sold out, even though it requires a similar deposit and is from a far less popular movie. The price seems to be a real turn-off with the AMP suit for some reason.

Yup I thought it might too. I thought at least they might pull it and offer it again on 'Second Chance'. :naughty

Interesting that the more expensive PredAlien bust has already sold out, even though it requires a similar deposit and is from a far less popular movie. The price seems to be a real turn-off with the AMP suit for some reason.

the price, scale and edition size kept me away...but mainly the price.

I would've bought it if they increased the scale while decreasing the price and edition size.

I received my notice that it will soon be processing the down payment. The email also stated that the product is 30lbs!

I have a couple days to decide if I am going to pull the trigger now or take my chances later. Tough decision as this suit was my favorite part of the movie. I dont think you will be able to get it for less down the road once its out. I think there are many people holding off waiting to see what the final product will look like.

What are yall's thoughts?

The questions is: can you return it for a full refund after it's shipped to your home? If Yes, i'd pick it up

If the uncertainty of passing on the piece is driving you nuts..I'd charge it, have it shippedand decide when it's on your coffee table.

The only way to do it...that's what I'm doing with the Rambo EX PF....I have a strong feeling he will be sent back.

Has there been any word hot toys will make one? Will sideshow let you return items no questions asked? I suppose you would just be out the shipping.

Back