James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll hold out for a Hot Toys version as well. Around the $400 mark will sit much better than $1200. It will move, not way a ton and also might have a figure inside. Who knows. I can wait.

Has hottoys said officially that they will make the amp? I hadnt heard this. I thought they stuck to 12 inch figures not vehicles? Although i think they did make a batmobile.

If they can make this batmobile they easily can make the A.M.P.

2597632087_55a33e6dc8.jpg

2598462788_a936f896a9.jpg

2597631159_6aa8ff8601.jpg

2598462076_7103aca9ce.jpg

2598462610_472395b7c7.jpg

I'll hold out for a Hot Toys version as well. Around the $400 mark will sit much better than $1200. It will move, not way a ton and also might have a figure inside. Who knows. I can wait.

I don't see how Hot Toys can make a $400 AMP suit, not 1/6 scale anyway. Rumor is money was lost producing the Batmobile and it's less complex.

Thats what I was thinking. I know they could make it really detailed, but apparently the sideshow version is laser scanned off the original so other than playing with it i dont think it could look much better.

Theres always the mattel option...lol

A HT mech/Amp suit would be awsome, but expensive. I would probably buy it.

Thats what I was thinking. I know they could make it really detailed, but apparently the sideshow version is laser scanned off the original

And having that connection to the full sized prop from the movie is huge, IMO. But for the price I'm going to still wait and see if HT shocks us all with a 1/6 scale version.

You don't think that Hot Toys would be talking to Legacy about the laser scan images. Since they have the licence to produce the figures that might mean they could reach a arrangement with Legacy. Can't see it happening and being in direct competition with SS coming out at the same time. But hey they produced a Power Loader 1st and SS did there version a few years later so who knows might be time for a reverse of who goes 1st.

And how much did that Power Loader retail forback in 08? So I just about doubled the price for the added 2 years of when it was 1st released.Sounds possible, like anything really.

I received my notice that it will soon be processing the down payment. The email also stated that the product is 30lbs!

I have a couple days to decide if I am going to pull the trigger now or take my chances later. Tough decision as this suit was my favorite part of the movie. I dont think you will be able to get it for less down the road once its out. I think there are many people holding off waiting to see what the final product will look like.

What are yall's thoughts?

is the product 30lbs or the box and other packing things PLUS the product = 30lbs? Big difference here.

This was posted by someone in the statue forum.

"The fact that the AMP Suit is scanned from the life sized prop by the movie's effects company and is an exact replica down to the very last detail is the main reason that it costs so much. This isn't the case with PFs and most other maquettes. They are artist's representations of the subject being sculpted and not exact replicas.

The AMP Suit Maquette falls into the category of a scaled prop replica more then it does a maquette in my opinion. I think Sideshow had the Quaritch figure added to make it look more like a maquette."

If Hot Toys makes a 1:6 AMP SUIT it will TOWER over the Sideshow Maquette...Sideshow's height it about 21"...if a 1:6 scale HOT TOYS AMP SUIT was produced it would stand roughly 28" with NO BASE.

What Scale is the Sideshow AMP SUIT maquette 1:8-1:10 ?

In all seriousness, can you guys honestly see HOT TOYS making a 1:6 AMP SUIT???

...i would love to see it, i don't see it happening.

my favotire quote of the article:

"I cannot see this landing anywhere under $500, and could see it go as high as $1K"
... they did't expect it was gonna be $1,200 ... and neither did I ! ! ! !

Sideshow knows we want it so they are making us pay a PREMIUM PRICE for the AMP SUIT...which is why i walked away...if it was $800 i would have a T-order as we speak!

The production video they posted a while back showing the Legacy effects team working on it-One of the heads of sideshow working with them on the project said it was 22" tall. I wonder if those measurements are with or without the base.

I wish they would release more info on the materials, weight, and dimensions. Either way, its preordered and if the final production piece doesnt stand up to the proto it will be returned unless it is still a marvel.

There are some pieces you just marvel over everytime you look at them and they are worth their price tag. I wont know till it gets here.

Thus far, the only piece that has ever had that effect on myself is my 1:1 han in carbonite but sideshow didnt make it and it was way up there on price.

Back