James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just seen the movie and the AMP suit plays a huge part in the action. I think those people who have signed up for the Maquette will be very pleased with how large a role it plays.

I see that next up from Sideshow in the Avatar line is a Neytiri PF, which could look fantastic if they can get the detail right.

buy the mattel toys one and do a repaint. it will be smaller but with a good paint job it will look great. this is way overpriced even at 500 release point and non refundable deposits should be outlawed!

Are you serious!? Comparing a plastic kids toy to a high end collectable that looks like the real thing has been miniaturized!!?
Overpriced? Only because it's about 1000 times more detailed than the Mattel version! And probably worth every penny too.

Here's a vid over at SS.:cool:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos....e=newsletter-pers-121709news&utm_medium=email

<object width="800" height="450"><param name="movie" value="https://www.sideshowtoy.com/media/swf/generic-flv-player-no-auto.swf?videoFile=/media/flv/general/Shortened Cut_FINAL-BSP_FLV..flv"></param><embed src="https://www.sideshowtoy.com/media/swf/generic-flv-player-no-auto.swf?videoFile=/media/flv/general/Shortened Cut_FINAL-BSP_FLV..flv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="800" height="450"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Hey, someone painted a mattel toy and put it on ebay and that thing is selling for $175 last I checked. So ill take this one in a heart beat.

It will easily be the most expensive Sideshow item I have bought though. I wish I had the dough for the Ironman Maquette -The tall one

Re: Avatar pre-order next week..

Neytiri doesnt look as "slim" as in the movie but it looks like a great sculpt so far.. I might buy.. I hope they keep her.. umm naturale' lolz!!

i am a bit surprised these AMP suits are still available after the movie. i thought they would go prett fast since people were in the fence about it an waiting until the movie came out.

Neytiri doesnt look as "slim" as in the movie but it looks like a great sculpt so far.. I might buy.. I hope they keep her.. umm naturale' lolz!!

The wifey said the same thing about one of her features... Oddly and I can't believe I'm saying this or thinking it, this may make me pass on it.

I can't justify that much for the AMP suit. It's cool and all, but too much for me to put down. Also looking forward to other statues that should be made.

I've been waiting to see this Amp Suit in action for quite some time. After watching the film, I'm pretty certain I will not purchase this maquette.

The film was AMAZING, exceeded my expectations (I didnt think was possible)

I had it on pre-order since the moment they announced it and after seeing the movie, I have no doubt that I'm keeping it. Except that I'm hoping for a scorpion gunship too :) (but that may just be wishful thinking)

Plus I'm excited for the premium format figures from SS.

Back