James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar pre-order next week..

:naughty

:horror you did?? I dunno, I actually think 22 or 20 is reasonable. 30 is just shy of three feet, it would look like a kid's robot toy if it was that big. I think 20-22 elegantly captures the details of a maquette like this.

I get it back later on.

District 9 was making realistic cockroaches. Its a bit more difficult to create a humanoid that is convincing on screen. The trailer doesnt do the film justice. I honestly dont see how anyone who has witnessed the 15 minutes can say otherwise. This is original. Its not like Dances with Wolves. There may be a similarity or two because there is only so many emotions and plot lines before you cross into similarity to something else but it holds to be being original. I was blown away by 15 minutes and this sucker is 3 HOURS! The CG is the best out there, blows away district 9 because of its epic scale and...well its not even worth defending. Just see the movie come DEC 18 and you will see what I mean.

The 15 minutes was SO much better than the trailer. The Na'vi were convincing and there were moments that looked photoreal....but who cares- the story is great and the CG is not distracting. The world of Pandora is surreal and beautiful and will make an amazing ride for all audiences Cameron style.

Yup, its official. Sideshow updated the dimensions.....21" tall. Phooey. I wanted a 3foot tall amp. Oh well. That is still pretty large considering the piece is also 19 inches wide!

In this vid, the man with no pants (Scott) says they may produce 2000 of these pieces. At the current price point that means this might not sell out till after the movie comes out and people make a mad dash for merch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoUhsCZDa88

2000 pieces:confused:.....thats not really exlusive now is it?

Chris

so is this all the avatar stuff thats coming out

The piece looks awesome!
I'm going to pass though. Was never a big Avatar fan. Plus, I already have some expensive StarWars and Alien pieces on order and this won't take priority over those.

so is this all the avatar stuff thats coming out

No, in fact Sideshow announced this is their most exciting new property. They will be churning out Maquettes and premium formats of many characters and vehicles from Avatar.

I think they should only make 500 or so of these because any more than that kinda does take the exclusive nature away. But at the same time, look how much time and money goes into making these- The are a business after all and expensive or not-there are plenty of fans out there that want to own a piece of avatar.

District 9 was making realistic cockroaches. Its a bit more difficult to create a humanoid that is convincing on screen. The trailer doesnt do the film justice. I honestly dont see how anyone who has witnessed the 15 minutes can say otherwise. This is original. Its not like Dances with Wolves. There may be a similarity or two because there is only so many emotions and plot lines before you cross into similarity to something else but it holds to be being original. I was blown away by 15 minutes and this sucker is 3 HOURS! The CG is the best out there, blows away district 9 because of its epic scale and...well its not even worth defending. Just see the movie come DEC 18 and you will see what I mean.

The 15 minutes was SO much better than the trailer. The Na'vi were convincing and there were moments that looked photoreal....but who cares- the story is great and the CG is not distracting. The world of Pandora is surreal and beautiful and will make an amazing ride for all audiences Cameron style.

James Cameron is that you?

Anyways, Where is the official Avatar thread since the mods closed all the ones in the movie forum?

Well there was an official thread lastnight that was still active. Now I dont even see it. Im not sure what happened.

At 30" I can see paying that price, especially if it has metal parts. But at only 12lbs and 9 inches shorter...production costs or not-How is that price justified where in the production blogs it looks to be made of plastic?

The paint apps need to be like the prototype as well, not done by some paint by number person overseas. I know many of these pieces end up coming out better when you guys get our feedback and I hope this will be the same. I already know the movie will be a success but there is one important key here

To charge that much, we need an edition size of 500 or less. I heard Scott mention they might produce 2000! Thats crazy. Please do this piece the right way for the fans.

Edition size or no, 1200 bucks for a 21 inch maquette somebody at sideshow has lost their mind. Its nice but not even that good.

Back