James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar pre-order next week..

Alright Webb CONGRATS :banana - first one in !!
Do they ship as soon as it is available even if you are still making flex pay payments?

5 days after the last payment is received.

Just ordered via Flexpay.

Regardless of how the movie turns out I really do think the piece looks amazing, and I pretty much wanted it from the start. At least with the flexpay option i won't feel the burn too much.

Forgive me for not reading the ss fine print - but if don't do flexpay - they take $240 in November and the rest when they ship in 2nd quarter?

Forgive me for not reading the ss fine print - but if don't do flexpay - they take $240 in November and the rest when they ship in 2nd quarter?

The $240 Deposit, that will be charged in November, is required for FLEXPay and Full pay orders. The remaining amount owed for the piece (if you opt not to use FLEXPay) would be charged/due right before the item is shipping out.

Just ordered via Flexpay.

Regardless of how the movie turns out I really do think the piece looks amazing, and I pretty much wanted it from the start. At least with the flexpay option i won't feel the burn too much.

Even if I don't like,can you imagine the resale value in about a year ? :chew This will be the next Dr. Doom. :chew:D :naughty

Even if I don't like,can you imagine the resale value in about a year ? :chew This will be the next Dr. Doom. :chew:D :naughty

Haha, I guess we'll see. If they release one of the jets too, I'll be broke. Those looked pretty nice in the trailer.

1199 ????????? That's a joke ! It is a static piece ! No lights even !! Makes the biker scout look like a steal now !! Looks like my Mauri r/c Godzilla still holds first place for highest priced item in my collection.

Last edited:

Thanks for the info!! And congrats to everyone who pulled the trigger!
As far as me - dang! I might have to see if I can get this through a distributor up here. By the time June rolls around my dollar which is approaching par with the US right now, will likely be only worth 75 cents by then, that's gonna add up! If I can lock in a guaranteed canadian price now, that might be my best bet. I'll give Chinook hobby a call.....

IMG_3652.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

But what if no one ends up liking the movie?

This could be like buying a Waterworld sailboat months before it came out.

:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

But what if no one ends up liking the movie?

This could be like buying a Waterworld sailboat months before it came out.

:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

I did think about it for a second, but chances are I probably won't be selling it, so it's definitely a centerpiece for my collection. :joy

I'm glad that no matter how much I love me some mech, and cameron.. i have no desire to pay 1200 for this thing.
It was nice in person. yes.
But it doesn't do a damn thing.
If you are gonna charge that much, it better have some lights, and action features.

I'm glad that no matter how much I love me some mech, and cameron.. i have no desire to pay 1200 for this thing.
It was nice in person. yes.
But it doesn't do a damn thing.
If you are gonna charge that much, it better have some lights, and action features.

I'm glad it doesn't have lights,if they go bad would be a pain to fix/replace them.:banghead

I think the price is fair, still hard to swallow, but fair. I think the sheer size and detail is an amazing achievement. There is nothing else like it, it looks awesome!! :rock

Back