Premium Format Jack the Ripper production peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get your act together SS, How can you decide to do a JTR, and not even consider a legend like Johnny Cash
Just saying and wishin

Wish it didn't show his face at all, keeping in line with the anonymity of Jack the Ripper. I've always been fascinated with the tale though, so I'll keep by eye on this one.

I like it. Takes guts to try and put a face on him that lives up to the horror he inspired. I don't see a point to making a statue of a man who was a monster if the statue is just a man. The monster they invented to convey the legend is ingenious.

Re: Jack the Ripper Premium Format Fgure

SgcsZ.jpg

A2vxX.jpg

KMXPL.jpg

idCWY.jpg

When I saw the Jack the Ripper PF on the thread title I was like RIGHT ON!!! :rock
But then I saw the pics and thought to myself what the ____ is this ____. :mad:

Not good.

Even though they put a monster/Demonic spin on him i still find this to be in poor taste to be honest, i mean who will SS do next , John Wayne Gacy in his Clown outfit, Jeffrey Dahmer with with his fridge as an exclusive ?, where here do we draw the line here.

It almost makes me wonder if someone at SS is a fan of his. It's an odd choice for a character and an even odder interpretation of him.

It looks really cool, and I commend the production of another original horror PF. Looks more like a H.P. Lovecraft type...What ever happened to the "Reaper of the Somme PF"..anyone know?

It looks really cool, and I commend the production of another original horror PF. Looks more like a H.P. Lovecraft type...What ever happened to the "Reaper of the Somme PF"..anyone know?

Your right it does look like it has a Lovecraft twist to it.
But as far the Sonne PF goes I've been waiting for so long for that one. I wish they'd hurry.

WTF???

I was instantly excited to hear about a Jack The Ripper PF. Excitement installed killed completely upon seeing pics of this ridiculous fantasy interpretation.

Mega-Fail.

I have to agree. The idea was a great one, even throughing in some fantasy would have been OK. But I honestly don't know what the heck is up with this. :confused:

Wish it didn't show his face at all, keeping in line with the anonymity of Jack the Ripper. I've always been fascinated with the tale though, so I'll keep by eye on this one.

This was a great chance to include mulitple portraits, to give people their choice of what Jack could have looked like. But they went totally in a different direction. Still curious to see the full thing finished before a final judgement is passed.

It almost makes me wonder if someone at SS is a fan of his. It's an odd choice for a character and an even odder interpretation of him.

Yes, thats the reason exactly. I've known this might have been in the works for over a year now, but didn't know really any more about it than that it was something they were toying with. This isn't what I was expecting though :lol

Seeing as we really don't know who or what Jack the Ripper officially looked like, I can applaud Sideshow for doing something a little different with the character.

Here's a Jack the Ripper resin kit I produced a few years back. Robert Blair sculpted this.

Jacky1.jpg

I don't know if you Guys have ever taken any Psychedelic's LSD,Peyote.But I swear when I saw this Ripper peek I had a flashback.

I think the Sculptor watced too many Guillermo Del Toro movies before he worked on this piece.And went overboard.

We will have to wait for the full reveal..who knows the finished piece may be cool.

The only thing I don't like about this PF is the fact that it takes time and energy away from 1/6th The Dead! :(

It doesn't actually. The PF and 1/6 are developed by different people most of the time.

Plus they'd have to still be making 1/6 Dead in the first place :lol

It doesn't actually. The PF and 1/6 are developed by different people most of the time.

Plus they'd have to still be making 1/6 Dead in the first place :lol

:exactly: The 1/6 Dead are really dead. Too bad because I enjoyed collecting them, but unfortunately Sideshow just lost interest.

It wasn't that Sideshow lost interest, but we did. We just didn't enough to buy 4 versions of the same figure to keep the line going. It really was the crazy number of variants that killed the line IMO. Some of the last figures (Butcher and Punk) were great and sold well, but the previous figures up to them were mainly variants and those didn't do so well and had those figures not already been in the pipeline, probably never would have happened because of the poor sales of the other figures.

If they brought back the dead in 1/6 and stayed away from variants, the line would still sell well enough. Keep them under $100 and they'd do just fine.

Back