Premium Format Jack the Ripper production peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garemlin

Super Freak
Reaction score
SSC continues the teases counting down to SDCC. Latest is Jack the Ripper PF.

LINK

SSO_Jack-the-Ripper-PF_TheDead_01.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/3c3GOrcDrc8[/ame]

Sideshow Collectibles Jack the Ripper Premium Format Figure Production Peek

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR8WtZqTfdc[/ame]

Fana Collec!​

I don't get where they are going with this. Jack the Ripper was likely a human and not a morphing creature. I'm not knocking it, but I don't understand the concept here.

Huh what??? Production peek at a PF Jack the Ripper.

I don't get where they are going with this. Jack the Ripper was likely a human and not a morphing creature. I'm not knocking it, but I don't understand the concept here.

Sorry, my confusion is in line with Shanester's post... just an odd choice imo of design. Why make him non-human?

Vlad the Implaler at least made some sense, but a weird Nomak looking mouth (or 3 mouthed head) doesn't really work for Jack. Now maybe some kind of Krueger-like hands would have been approrpiate for the "ripper" :huh

There are folk tales in England from around the same time as Jack the Ripper of an entity called Spring Healed Jack. Spring Healed Jack was supposedly sighted all throughout the late 19th century and from what i remember and was thought to be demonic in nature.

The stories revolve around him attacking women in dark alleyways and slashing at their stomachs before laughing and jumping away at great heights.

Some of the stories i've heard suggest that the demonic entity was an explanation for Jack the Ripper, it's possible this PF combines ideas from both Jack the Ripper and Spring Healed Jack.

Either that or i'm completely off base with that

Thanks for that T.E.D., I was not aware of any supernatural connections made to Jack the Ripper. This at least makes more sense :duff

I wasn't aware of any stories that suggested Jack the Ripper was anything but human either !.
The statue looks great though , the base looks especially impressive.

Even though they put a monster/Demonic spin on him i still find this to be in poor taste to be honest, i mean who will SS do next , John Wayne Gacy in his Clown outfit, Jeffrey Dahmer with with his fridge as an exclusive ?, where here do we draw the line here.

The Wikipedia article goes into some detail on SHJ:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring-heeled_Jack

There were sighting all over England even as recently as 3months ago allegedly, typically enough that article doesn't mention Jack the Ripper at all the connections between the two have been proposed as an explanation as to why the real Jack the Ripper was never caught in that being entirely paranormal it would be impossible to catch him.

I wasn't aware of any stories that suggested Jack the Ripper was anything but human either !.

It's possible that the connection between the two is just more of a local folk tale , rather than country wide, I originally come from Sheffield and i grew up with stories of Spring Healed Jack where there were sightings of SHJ in the Sheffield area and the stories go well with all the local ghost tales in the region.

Re: Jack the Ripper Premium Format Fgure

Well at least this one is in the right section.

Re: Jack the Ripper Premium Format Fgure

I tell you what, it's an easy mistake because I was going to create a new thread a few hours ago as well.

I think the new sub-forums are causing a lot of confusion. This thread is actually in the correct sub-forum, whereas the other thread that was created first is in the Horror 1/6 sub-forum.

Last edited:
Even though they put a monster/Demonic spin on him i still find this to be in poor taste to be honest, i mean who will SS do next , John Wayne Gacy in his Clown outfit, Jeffrey Dahmer with with his fridge as an exclusive ?, where here do we draw the line here.

:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

I agree in concept, and SS might as well; perhaps that is why they went so other-worldly in the design? Not human = not offensive?

:dunno

come on why make 2 threads ........this thread is in wrong section

This thread was started at 9:38 and the other at 11:46. Again if it bothers any of you have a mod move it instead of complaining here and drawing a bunch of unneeded attention and comments.

Wow...just wow

Back