Premium Format Jack the Ripper production peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we do have different sections now... but its a recent change so we'll have these from time to time.

Well we do have different sections now... but its a recent change so we'll have these from time to time.

Sorry it was just a misinterpretation of the section. PF's are technically called figures so I figured I was posting in the right section. Had a 50% chance of being right (or wrong).

Re: Jack the Ripper Premium Format Fgure

Can I get a classic take on Jack the ripper please....one evil menacing look and one portrait with and evil smile would be cool. This looks like what if Jack The Ripper met The Thing

A2vxX.jpg

KMXPL.jpg

idCWY.jpg

WTF???

I was instantly excited to hear about a Jack The Ripper PF. Excitement installed killed completely upon seeing pics of this ridiculous fantasy interpretation.

Mega-Fail.

WTF???

I was instantly excited to hear about a Jack The Ripper PF. Excitement installed killed completely upon seeing pics of this ridiculous fantasy interpretation.

Mega-Fail.

I agree this should have been a realistic gritty PF...this version is not good.

I'm really liking the look of this PF so far!

I studied Jack the Ripper and Whitechapel pretty in-depth in a few history and 19th century crime classes throughout university and I must say that I really like Sideshow's approach here. TED's absolutely correct though, I think Sideshow is taking the 'demonic' and 'supernatural' approach with the PF here rather than a man wielding a knife or what have you.

I'm really looking forward to this one now, kudos Sideshow :D :clap

This PF is horrible. Someone at Sideshow needs to spend time in the slap chair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Sideshow is taking the 'demonic' and 'supernatural' approach with the PF here rather than a man wielding a knife or what have you.

And I'm going on record as saying that's really dumb, and a total waste of time and resources. But cool to the 7 of you who will buy it. Hope the Edition Size is suitably LOW.

This PF is horrible. Someone at Sideshow needs to spend time in the slap chair.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

There are folk tales in England from around the same time as Jack the Ripper of an entity called Spring Healed Jack. Spring Healed Jack was supposedly sighted all throughout the late 19th century and from what i remember and was thought to be demonic in nature.

The stories revolve around him attacking women in dark alleyways and slashing at their stomachs before laughing and jumping away at great heights.

Some of the stories i've heard suggest that the demonic entity was an explanation for Jack the Ripper, it's possible this PF combines ideas from both Jack the Ripper and Spring Healed Jack.

Either that or i'm completely off base with that

Although I'm no expert on JTR or Spring Heeled Jack lore I have read about them both and have NEVER heard a correlation between them both. Just saying...

I like this, but it isn't a Jack The Ripper statue. Oh, and I'd buy a Gacy clown PF. Just saying...

Back