Jabba's Other Prize- Tauntaun Wall Hanger!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanted to share my Tauntaun Taxidermy. This started out as a Hasbro Tauntaun that I beheaded, then I routed out the harness bits and used milliput to remove the neck seam and add hair to the parts I gounged out. After it was done I repainted him and used a 3M hook to hang him:

tauna.jpg

taunb.jpg

taunc.jpg

On Display,
turns out I had the perfect spot of him :lol

taund.jpg

taunh.jpg

tauni.jpg

Looks great! I never did finish mine.

Was the one in the film mounted on a backer board? I tried to look at pics but couldn't quite tell.

That's pretty cool man, great idea. You going to try to make that other beast Jabba had?

Thanks man :duff Probably just stick with this one... especially as I have no idea what the other one is :lol

Love it, but the Taun' head should be on the other side of Han.

Always gotta be at least one in the audience :lol :duff

Yeah, I was aware of the placement, but I like the configuration even if its not correct. Also; his had 2 full horns so I'm doubly wrong :lol

Looks great! I never did finish mine.

Was the one in the film mounted on a backer board? I tried to look at pics but couldn't quite tell.

Thanks man, but I thought yours was finished... it at least looked like it was.

I was unable to find any clear enough images to tell if there was a backer or not; kind of looks like not; and that is just easier to get away with :lol

Nope. I was gonna fill in the seam and dremel off the harness and all that jazz like you did but never got around to it.

It kinda looked like there was a mounting board in one pic I saw but it was so dark I couldn't quite tell. I'd make a couple for us if someone could confirm there is one and what it looks like.

It would suck being a Tauntaun; you get your belly sliced open or your head gets chopped off and hung on a wall... :lol

Nice work, GB! :duff

very nice GB.............i knew that taun taun was good for something........:lol
really adds to your already kickass display.

Nope. I was gonna fill in the seam and dremel off the harness and all that jazz like you did but never got around to it.

It kinda looked like there was a mounting board in one pic I saw but it was so dark I couldn't quite tell. I'd make a couple for us if someone could confirm there is one and what it looks like.

Gotcha, on the plus side you don't need a dremmel for him; I just dunked him in hot water and used a sculpting tool to remove the harness bits.

Yeah, and let me know about the mount... if there is one I'd love to get a professional Coco version :duff Although I'm not sure how to actually attach him to anything; being hollow and very thin plastic would make it tricky.

Thats pretty cool, nice job.

It would suck being a Tauntaun; you get your belly sliced open or your head gets chopped off and hung on a wall... :lol

Nice work, GB! :duff

:lol Ain't that the truth... Tauntauns definitely get a raw deal :lol

very nice GB.............i knew that taun taun was good for something........:lol
really adds to your already kickass display.

Thanks man :duff

I cut a wedge out of a PVC pipe at glued it not the back of the head to extend the neck .Then sculpted fur over the pipe. I filled the head with resin and stuck a magnet in there.

Hey everyone, just wanted to share my Tauntaun Taxidermy. This started out as a Hasbro Tauntaun that I beheaded, then I routed out the harness bits and used milliput to remove the neck seam and add hair to the parts I gounged out. After it was done I repainted him and used a 3M hook to hang him:

tauna.jpg

taunb.jpg

taunc.jpg

On Display,
turns out I had the perfect spot of him :lol

taund.jpg

taunh.jpg

tauni.jpg

Great job!

Did you repaint the wall that Han (carbonite) sits on? Looks much lighter and more like Jabba's throne and archway pieces.

BTW: I did a repaint on the carbonite; I found the all dark version a bit much.

Nope, my piece of wall is stock. Gotta say though, I really like the repaint you did on yours; looks much better :rock

Thanks... after sitting with him for a few days I think I need to adjust the angle at which he sticks out from the way; I don't think I can get him looking full straight forward, but I think if I remove a piece of the base of his neck I can get him to look up a bit more.

Back